The online racing simulator
UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
Well spotted!!!

I've gone through, and assigned unassigned people to random teams, so I think:

1. We have 10 teams
2. People who want/need 3 man teams have them
3. People who want 2 man teams have them.

Downside: Some of you might not be in the team you had hoped for.

Someone pester AndyC. Who has his phone number? Someone must do. Or MSN? Get an answer out of him, it might all hinge on him.

Now, some of you might be thinking that's not fair, or I wanna be in x team. Well, to be honest, I don't give a flying flubber which team you're in. I'd quite like to be in a two man team (though I'd also like to be with Jack, and he needs a three man team to justify it so I'm happy with that), so maybe on the day we can swap and share team mates around as long as people are happy and we maintain 10 teams.

But:

I THINK THE EVENT IS ON!!!!

Feel free to carry on recruiting and sending cheques. I'm gonna tot up the cheques in a minute, and see how many more I need to make the deposit the necessary amount.
Well that's great news. Although I'm slightly disappointed at the seemingly lack of general interest and commitment. I'm sure it will come together.
no devs?
Nope sorry, they said they can't make it this year. Hopefully they'll do the honourable thing and put a couple of extra hours into LFS development instead

As Tim says below, the devs not coming is disappointing, but we can't have it our way every year, and their presence was only a small part of last years success and fun. If you assume that last year was 100%, then without the devs it'll still be 95%, and thats before you take into account the increase track time, the better track, the better (faster) karts and (hopefully) the better weather. And you each get a cookie. What more could you reasonably ask for.
Quote from dUmAsS :no devs?

Didn't you mean:

?sved on!?!

Seriously, no devs, Victor has informed Tristan that they are not going to make it this year. Which is sad

But please please please do not let this put anybody off coming - it will still be a great event!

Tim
Quote from t1ger :Seriously, no devs, Victor has informed Tristan that they are not going to make it this year. Which is sad

unacceptable...

so whos the designated driver for after the race? the lack of devs will have to be made up somehow
Quote from tristancliffe :... And you each get a cookie...

I'd just like to confirm something before I ask for my deposit back ...

Do the 2 person teams get 50% more cookies per driver than the 3 person teams ? Seems only fair to me

PS. Can't wait for 1st July
Thats great tristancliffe! cheers for assigning me and simon to a team

ill get that cheque to you soon as!
Don't call me tristancliffe, that's just a username. It's Tristan. We're all friends as I see it, and it's not like I'm hiding behind a pseudonym. Maybe it's rude or complacent of me, but I don't feel comfortable being called tristancliffe

As for cookies... No, it's one each, but I'll take a bite out of yours for asking questions
So, if we get just one more person (I've more convincing to do this weekend), will they still be able to race? I mean, will they fit into an exisiting team by turning one of the 2 man teams back into a 3 man team? Or will it be a pointless excercise unless we get 3 more people?
I think we'll manage, so just get as many people as you can really. If people don't go now it's their loss, not ours.
lol! ok Tristan. Tristan from now on. As for the cheque... it been sent so, keep me informed PM me or something, you should recieve it thurs, or fri.
Tristan,

Would it be OK if another member of our team (SR) came along?

That would mean 4 of us would attend, which could equate to 2, 2 man teams.

I also have another possible person who would be interested if his money situation is Ok - TBA

Would he be able to come? that would then mean 5 of us, so a 3 man, 2 man team would be possible.

We all play LFS so there are no 'friends' in this list, all team members.

I know it's late in the day and would understand if they could not come along, but if numbers are needed then we may be able to help.

To sum up - We have 1 definite who wants to come and 1 who is unsure (will know by weekend).

Thanks, looking forward to the event
Yep, I'll know for definate by Monday if I'll be able to get any extra people to come along.
Sure. I'm going to send off the cheques I have (hopefully enough of a deposit for the event, I don't actually know), so I'll let you know if I need further cheques sending (until I say, assume I do need them).

As for more people, yeah bring them along. The more the merrier. I think we're all mature enough to adjust teams if it turns out one person is teamless or something, so I'm not evn remotely concerned by it. If the worst comes to the worst I'll pay twice, and be in two teams, and make sure the teams change drivers at the same time :knackered:
Another cheque in the morning post, this time dSRC Ed's. And I got a PM from someone yesterday referred to me by Bogey, so that's another one. Plus the 3 or 4 people that might be joining us thanks to a late but fruitful recruitment drive by other antendees.

So I think it's safe to say that nothing can go wrong now. Book your hotels, arrange your transport, and reserve your beer money, cos we're going Karting.

Right, I'm going to phone Will (his PC is broken again, and he can't view this thread which explains why he's gone quiet, so if you want to get in touch with him or are awaiting a PM reply let me know and I'll forward it to him) and get everything fully confirmed.

See you there,
Tristan
hi guys, my computer has been broken for a week and ive managed to use a comp at work. we have enough people, YAY!

I have phoned up the circuit manager and i have CONFIRMED THE EVENT FOR JULY 1st.
we definatly can go karting now, hopefully now we will gain a bit more momentum as regards a few more people.

sweet as
Is the CyberSeat motion simulator thing going to make an appearance this year? I know it went last year, and I appreciate that it was an indoor event, but there might be an indoor area this year that we could use.

Has it been thought of or checked or is it just not coming?

Anybody know?

Tim
I dont believe it is coming, there is an indoor area but i doubt that many people who play the simulator at the karting event would actually buy one.

they could use it for research tho..
OK fellas only 20 days to go. Like i say, ive confirmed the event so it will definatly go ahead. We need to get the cheques in now. so for everyone who is on the 1st page and isnt confirmed, or is confirmed and hasnt sent a cheque... SEND IT NOW!!

to anyone looking at this, its great fun and well worth your time/money to come along and meet fellow LFSers, so come along!
any chance of that helmet cam thing coming back?
Unfortunately the bullet cam we were intending to use fell off the front of the Elise my mate failed to tape it to securely enough and went underneath it halfway around Donington. Needless to say it doesn't work very well any more.

It seems unlikely we can get another, so at this point the answer is probably not from us.
marcus simons m8, i asked stuttering sam about u at whilton and he says u are very posh u will get on well with tristan.
aaaahahahahahhahahhahaa
2 more racers confirmed!
Good news I now have an entire team (me & two others). yay

should boost the numbers a bit. How do I get addy to send cheque to?
This thread is closed

UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG