The online racing simulator
UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Decibel :If you're still willing to be teammates Tim, i'll gladly put the extra £30 in too, so at least we have another team position filled. If there is a sudden rush at the end, then we'll just revert back to a 3 person team.

Cheers.

Of course I am! Good stuff, thanks Decibel.

Tim
I'm also happy to pay more and run a two man team. What do you say Jack?

hmmm, the batteries on my keyboard are running low...
Guys, we have ONE more week to get 10 teams. We have 9 teams now, if everyone confirmed still comes. Thats 1 more team. COME ON FELLAS!!! if anyone else wants to be in a 2 man team then thats fine, we would have 12 teams if everyone did a 2 man. the more karts on circuit the better it is.

If you are on the 1st page but have not confirmed PLEASE PM Tristan to tell him if you can come or not.

Maybe tristan can update the 1st page with lippy and the new 2 man teams....
I am willing to drive a 2 man team but unfortunately my team mates are not... so all three of us will be sticking together.
it is a shame we have not got 30 drivers this time, unfortunately i cannot justify the extra expense of a two man team, so will be pulling out if we do not get 29 drivers coming to race .

sorry to let u down but i am unemployed at the mo

I will keep an eye on the thread to s ee what happens.
quick note for team dSRC:

michel is being replaced by Nick W as mike cant make it. ill get him to post here too.
No prob, but please don't forget to send those cheques, as without a deposit from you we might turn up on the day and not have a booking.

I really don't want to make my address public knowledge, so if you can PM me, or any of the people who have already paid, you can get my address that way. You no longer need to write your username on the back of the cheque as I'm back in dreary Norfolk and get my post straight away.

I really hope you can come. The time has come to allow ANYONE to come, because I'd rather have an event with 90% LFSers and a few unknown strangers than no event at all. So if you know someone who wants to come please let me know by posting below. LFS players have priority, of course, but I will no longer be disallowing non-LFSers.

If you do get a non-LFSer to come, please make the play the demo (or let them play on your unlocked version if they come round) for an hour or two so we can chat about it

Take care all.
OI!

Quote from tristancliffe :MRNL
Bob Smith (CONFIRMED) [CHEQUE RECEIVED]
MadmanCZ (CONFIRMED)
alexmason (CONFIRMED)

I think you'll find I paid double for MadmanCZ - put that check received back!
Whoops, must have pressed control-x instead of control-c. Sorry.
Come on, guys. Only 23 people confirmed right now. Lets make sure this event takes place. Post in your forums, ask your mates, anything!

Tristan, the cheque is in the post.
sorry to leave it so late Tristan, I just re-read the first post and noticed that you need checks by this week

ill send mine tomorrow!
Rubbish - I've been reading the 'get the cheques sorted soon' posts on the dSRC forum for the last week. Thanks for sorting it. Anyone got reserve drivers sorted, cos I really don't want to have to cancel/postpone this.
ya, i realised it was getting late, but not so specifically late

time flies when you don't do much
Hello there im Marcus, i would like to join you in the karting event, i can get the cheque to you by the end of the week. im a friend of Simon Savage and me and him often go karting together. me and Simon have discussed, and we would like to go together as a two person team which would help numbers etc. also V-max have said that they are willing to potentially join together. Would Chris and tux be able to afford becoming two Simon says? if so that would be great :-) but if they cant he would still stick with them as he joined them first.

However im still willing to go if that cant happen and who would i be put with?
Well I think I'd be alright to go to a 2 man team, but I've handed my notice in at work today and I think they are going to claim some money off my final paycheck due to me using a load of holidays. Therefore at this time I can only say "I think".

I'll let you know asap.
By all means come along. I'll PM you my details now.

Will, if you read this, I'll chat to you on MSN after work.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Well I think I'd be alright to go to a 2 man team, but I've handed my notice in at work today and I think they are going to claim some money off my final paycheck due to me using a load of holidays. Therefore at this time I can only say "I think".

I'll let you know asap.

jeez chris hope you get another job soon, ive been wanting to quit mine for ages but will finally when i go to uni.

How many 2 man teams/ extra teams will we need until we have enaugh money?
It's not money that's needed. It's teams. We need 10 teams (although we can have more than that if it was popular enough)

That could be made up of 10 three man teams (30 drivers)
Or 10 two man teams (20 drivers)
Or a combination (say 3 two man teams, and 7 three man teams).

I haven't looked, but MAYBE we can juggle the existing teams about a bit so that the rich people who can afford two man teams go together, and the less-rich people wanting three men teams can group together? The downside is that LFS teams might be able to go together in this format, but is that a big problem at the end of the day??

As for two-men team having an advantage (through less driver swaps) I don't think it'll help much. You might spend less time in the pits, but you'll spend longer on the track, and so you'll be a lot more knackered. If people want we could have a minimum number of driver swaps, so two men teams just have more stints rather than longer stints?

Feedback people - let's work together to keep this show on the road. I'll be running a poll in the near future (maybe just after the event) to find out ROUGHLY what time of year would be best to hold this event in future. It seems as though the chosen date, July 1st, isn't ideal for a large proportion of people. But that's for next year (or this year if we postpone ).
I havent spoken to Mark or KayJay about this, will do tomorrow, but I
think we would want to stay as a 3 man team for
Sonicrealms Racing

How is _tux_ about me and simon joining a team togther, if you are ok then vmax and me, can be split to make two team, if _tux_ is ok about it. what do you think _tux_?
5 more people needed!

come on people
Maim people if you have to, just bring them along (and FORCE them to play LFS if they haven't, so we can chat).

Skilled karters will be penalised, probably by pairing them with a slow driver(s) so we don't have runaway teams due to experienced people.

Currently winning the prize for neatest writing goes to Chris Kerry. However, judging by the cheque I'd guess his parents wrote the envelope, so he's disqualified
Quote from tristancliffe :
Currently winning the prize for neatest writing goes to Chris Kerry. However, judging by the cheque I'd guess his parents wrote the envelope, so he's disqualified

I typed and printed my letter/note...but I guess you will see my messy handwriting on the envelope and cheque
Quote from tristancliffe :Main people if you have to, just bring them along (and FORCE them to play LFS if they haven't, so we can chat).

Skilled karters will be penalised, probably by pairing them with a slow driver(s) so we don't have runaway teams due to experienced people.

Girlfriend mate, Girlfriend! They come in use sometimes.
Tristancliffe, if its 10 teams you need, then if me and Simon Savage join together, then that makes 10 does it not? so you would be sorted unless there's further complications. So as long as the 2 remaining at vmax are happy then, problem solved?
This thread is closed

UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG