The online racing simulator
UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
I'll be wearing my size 13 trainers
I hope it doesent rain
i hope it does
why?? lol
Ive driven there in the wet on a tkm it was fun first time in a two stroke and having to drive with bricks for tyres.

racing in the wet is fun, being cold and standing in the rain errr isnt!! also i dont have one of those plastic things to go over my overalls
Go get yourself a full dry suit from Hein Gericke. £30 and it's unimeasurably better than the crap Sparco Condom thing. Keeps you tosty warm and completely dry. If it's warm and wet, you'll just dry off fairly quickly :P

Incidently...I'll be attemting to be cool karter of the day with my black Red Bull overalls, and blue iridium visor :P
cool karter of the day, theres some competition
I am beginning to think that I may get hurt! Something bad always seems to happen to me when I am not with people I know, and your talk of rib protectors and proper suiting and clothing is making me think....

It is also getting me excited, which seems now to have overtaken the nerves! I haven't raced a kart for a few years (probably about 3 years - I think) but I do have my own suit and helmet from the days when we did and Compaq (pre HP "merger") sponsored us.

My other half is not coming, so I have room in the car if anybody is on the M1 corridor between Huddersfield and Nottingham. Just be aware that I am coming back up after the event and not staying over.

See you all there!!!

Tim
I dont see why anyone will get hurt through silly driving, online racing kind of builds racing respect into people. Certainly all the people from the BUKC were very clean when i raced with them and when i raced with some buddys from a NR2003 series they were respectfull as well.

The only way you could hurt yourself at that track in a fourstroke is hitting another kart. there are big enaugh run off areas everywhere else for you to not hit the tyres very hard if at all.
Yea you'll be fine. I gather the people who will be wearing rib protectors are just trying to minimize the sore ribs you can get if your too small for the seat :P One thing I hate about hire karts is the seats are always too big for me so I move about in the seat and being made from plastic it doesn't help :P

Keiran
Quote from keiran :...One thing I hate about hire karts is the seats are always too big for me so I move about in the seat ...

Ummm, don't think i'll have a problem there. My padding is built in and I just can't seem to remove it
Quote from Decibel :Ummm, don't think i'll have a problem there. My padding is built in and I just can't seem to remove it

ROFL

I can relate to that! I feel better now.

Tim
Quote from keiran :Yea you'll be fine. I gather the people who will be wearing rib protectors are just trying to minimize the sore ribs you can get if your too small for the seat :P One thing I hate about hire karts is the seats are always too big for me so I move about in the seat and being made from plastic it doesn't help :P

Keiran

Yeah...since I slimmed down to the minimum weight I started to suffer really badly from a bruised back more than anything. For about 3 months I had this huge lump on the bottom of my spine purely from the pouding it was getting in the seats. The seats are just about the right size with my rib protector on now.
What's the deal with payment on Saturday...will they take cheques or is it cash or credit/debit card only?
One very, very quick question. What exactly are we driving?
Go Karts

(Twin Engined Pro Karts afaik, but maybe there is a more accurate non-noob description)

As for cheques/cash/cards, assume cash/cards and you can't be disappointed. Assume cash only for 100% security.
Quote from lippy :One very, very quick question. What exactly are we driving?

these things with wheels and a zoomy thing on the back
Quote from dUmAsS :these things with wheels and a zoomy thing on the back

Suddenly it all becomes clear.

The zoomy thing is (I presume) blackish? Is that the bit that makes the noise?
wow its only the day after tomorrow now!! gettin close.

these karts have 2 engines, and lap in around the same times as a club 100.
Is everyone aware the briefing has been moved forward? Not everyone checks this thread - now I've told everyone I'm going with (since nobody knew) - perhaps the organisers should PM everyone to make sure?

And yes, weather looks great for Saturday.
I'll PM everyone after work.

The general plan is to meet at the Thomas a Beckett pub again from 10am onwards. Danowat is following me down, and I'm picking Chris Kerry from the station at 10:22am. I've also got to nip to Will's house to pick my spare wheel from last weekend (:shy. If my timekeeping goes to plan, which it rarely does, I'll be in the pub at about 10:30/10:45, to have a quick coke and a sandwich.

After that, at about 11:30, we'll make our way to the track, which is approximately 15 minutes from the pub by car. Hopefully there will be enough people with cars (and spaces in cars) to get everyone there in one go, but I'm prepared to do a couple of runs if we run out.

Once we're there there will be some form of catering, including cold drinks, on the site (if the trailer is there you can have a nic bacon sarnie). The briefing will be after midday sometime, and very shortly after that practice will begin.

Any questions then post here. I'm running out of PM space, and it's gonna take a while to work out which PM's I can delete and which I should keep. If Victor reads this would it be possible to have a small increase in PM storage space???
Quote from lippy :Suddenly it all becomes clear.

The zoomy thing is (I presume) blackish? Is that the bit that makes the noise?

yes, the zoomy thing with the whirley bit that goes vroom!
Quote from dUmAsS :yes, the zoomy thing with the whirley bit that goes vroom!

Theres two zoomy things on these ones though
So briefing is at 1.00pm still?
Quote from Simon Savage :So briefing is at 1.00pm still?

Read the initial post. Seems like it's at 12.
Yes 12. Don't get there at 1pm, or you'll be sorry.

I will PM everyone (unless someone else does it for me) later tonight, but I need a bath before my rehearsal.
This thread is closed

UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG