The online racing simulator
Airio Ban
Hi,

is there a common ban list we share for Airio?

I know you can do your own but can we download an existing one?

Banned somebody today for spamming hacked s2 software, useful if he gets a universal ban eh?

Mell
Quote from Mell1234 :Hi, is there a common ban list we share for Airio? ... useful if he gets a universal ban eh?

Currently there is no global Airio ban list. Several times I was considering implementing such functionality, but always too many security issues appeared. But the main problem is: Who will be able or allowed to put entries into such a list? Every PROS owner? I'm afraid we all have too different views on who should be banned and what actions deserve a kind of "global" ban. But if you have a workable idea, global Airio ban list could indeed be useful, because certainly some people deserve such a smack.

Quote from VoiD :Is there any possible way to add the 3%-FXO into the stats without renaming it to FX"something"..?

I did a small update, now all cars with intake air restriction lower than 5% are considered standard cars and the times are stored in the best laps table, if the required criteria are kept (clean lap, 2% within the current best lap). The restriction used in these "extended standard" cars is not stored and not displayed anywhere.
Quote from Mell1234 :...common ban list

Personally I´m against a global banlist. I prefer something more transparent.
Just check some forums. Normaly that crap is reported by the community itself.
Read the reports, watch the replays and judge yourself. Thats what I do.

Worry:
Thx for the update. A simple solution, as usually!
Ban List
Yeh, a fair point. Some over zealous Admin would no doubt slap a ban for the smallest of reasons.

Why it came up is that I banned somebody for 365 days, first figure that came into my head yesterday for spamming cracked copies of LFS 2.

Somebody like this should be banned acroos all or as many servers as possible.. now I dont think there is a policy of 'name and shame' here but certainly sharing the details would prevent miscreants like him/her peddling their wares.

Mell
I was hoping to run a 2.4 Hours of LeMans tonight with some people but I've found that setting -mins in rotatetracks command only seems to work correctly for 60 minutes or less. beyond 60 airio acts like there is a syntax error and does not change the /rcm notification. Is this a known limitation?

example

RotateTracks=FE3|-60|FBM > FE3|-60|FBM

works.

RotateTracks=FE3|-61|FBM > FE3|-61|FBM

will still report 60 after !rld. If you then set it to a number at or below 60 again everything works. If I load right in with a number above 60 and end the race to load the rotation data airio acts like it's bad syntax and never changes the race from 5 laps to time e.g. 61 minutes; ignoring the input.

Any idea where i've gone wrong?
Hm, if you look up the !len command in help screens (!l2 in this case), you'll see it support values from -96 to +96, that means maximum race length in minutes is 96. Lengths over 48 minutes are always rounded to even number, that is why 61 changes to 60. But using up to 96 should be possible. If not, it would be a bug...
Quote from EQ Worry :Hm, if you look up the !len command in help screens (!l2 in this case), you'll see it support values from -96 to +96, that means maximum race length in minutes is 96. Lengths over 48 minutes are always rounded to even number, that is why 61 changes to 60. But using up to 96 should be possible. If not, it would be a bug...

Strange that they would set the limit so low. Oh well, thanks.
Quote from GobLox :Strange that they would set the limit so low. Oh well, thanks.

It was a design decision taken almost 2 years ago. So far nobody needed to race for more than 96 minutes using Airio...
-
MMmm Confused (Mell1234) DELETED by Mell1234 : sorted...
watch the attached picture..

Are those lap counters also done with Airio?? and if not does anyone knows with what software this is done?

LFS always shows you how many laps the racers has done. But in case of being laped a few times he does not know on with lap the racers are.. And this is sometimes useful information.

The other information seems nice to because it is larger then in lfs.. so easier to read

Hope someone can help me out here
Attached images
lap_counter.jpg
Doesn't look like Airio to me. What server was the screencap taken in?
Indeed, TV Director, thanks for replying 2 Boothy and Illusion (not an). I'm not sure if TVD could be used when you're actually driving, but I don't think so, it is just for watching. If you need various data about race you're taking part in, check out Aonio (see my signature below). One of the configurable panels can show data about driver visually in front of you and behind you, an other one can show race laps/current lap both of the leader and yourself...
thx Guys !!
I have a bit of a problem with track rotation, what I'm looking to do is rotate autocross layouts on AU1. Preferably I'd like to run each layout for 'x' hours (or minutes), or failing that, say 99 races.

The actual issue is that
- the '-minutes' duration applies to the race only, not the track/layout. Also, I put -2 for the duration, but nothing happened after 2 minutes, presumably because I'd completed the track before that time
- the completed races counter doesn't increment at all
thus the layout never actually rotates.

Imo the best solution would be to change RotateRaces to allow the number of races before track change or -minutes on the track regardless of how many races are completed.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :
- the '-minutes' duration applies to the race only, not the track/layout. Also, I put -2 for the duration, but nothing happened after 2 minutes, presumably because I'd completed the track before that time
- the completed races counter doesn't increment at all
thus the layout never actually rotates.

Ehhr but LFS says you are finished?

After that vote for manual race restart or let the countdown timer do its work but after restart it should increment.
Yes, LFS says I finished and my time goes up on the list. At this point, the completed races doesn't increment.

I don't allow manual restart votes, it would be possible for one person to hog the whole track. Countdown timer is also not practical, my server just doesn't work like that. Here's how it goes:

There are 5 people on the server, one joins the track. 10 seconds into his run the next person can join the track etc.. When a driver crosses the finish line, they are automatically spectated. They can now do another run.

Conventional finishing of a race or a restart doesn't work because drivers can be starting and finishing the course every 10 sec for any length of time. I have a hack solution for this, I can get my own AX InSim script to send '/end' after x-hours has passed on that layout, but since this is a realistic track rotation scenario I thought it'd be nice to have it available in AIRIO too.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Yes, LFS says I finished and my time goes up on the list. At this point, the completed races doesn't increment.

I don't allow manual restart votes, it would be possible for one person to hog the whole track. Countdown timer is also not practical, my server just doesn't work like that. Here's how it goes:

There are 5 people on the server, one joins the track. 10 seconds into his run the next person can join the track etc.. When a driver crosses the finish line, they are automatically spectated. They can now do another run.

Conventional finishing of a race or a restart doesn't work because drivers can be starting and finishing the course every 10 sec for any length of time. I have a hack solution for this, I can get my own AX InSim script to send '/end' after x-hours has passed on that layout, but since this is a realistic track rotation scenario I thought it'd be nice to have it available in AIRIO too.

If you have PROS version, you can use the SheduledCommand= to initiate LFS commands at specific intervals(by server time).....if that's what you're looking to do.
For example, I use it on a server to enable, at the top of every hour,10 minutes of practice, followed by 15 minutes of qualifying, then a 20 minute race, with 5 or so minute breaks in between.
Ah, that would indeed work. Guess there's no point asking for it be put in free heh I shall consider this option, ty
Quote from Bmxtwins :Aka GT3 :P

Which is run in GT3 Touring Car Cup and on many servers. I think it is even on AIRW if you check the megaraceteam-priv server

Server changed the name to megaTeamRacers-GT3

DuleXY - megaTeamRacers
Quick query
I have my rotations working fine however, the first race is always determined by whatever is configured in the LFS server config and the airio config kicks in only after an 'end race', how do I make it use the airio config straight away?

mell
Quote from Mell1234 :I have my rotations working fine however, the first race is always determined by whatever is configured in the LFS server config and the airio config kicks in only after an 'end race', how do I make it use the airio config straight away?

mell

AFAIK you could either configure your server laps to match the first track in your rotation, or simply end race to next track.

Haven't ever really found another way myself....
Yeh that what I thought except the race using LFS settings would not be part of the 'group' races eh?

Mell

Quote from z-ro 8 :AFAIK you could either configure your server laps to match the first track in your rotation, or simply end race to next track.

Haven't ever really found another way myself....

i need help to make Airio SQL working. I downloaded library from net and unzied in airio folder, in usr/lib folder i have so files for sql support libsql..... but still Airio is not making db3 files.....

Any help from someone who is working under linux will be appreciated.

Dulexy - megaTeamRacers
Airio 2.4.3
New Airio version is released. Apart from some corrections and smaller updates (as you can read in the changelog) it adds experimental SQLite support, for now only in the FULL/PROS version. Currently import of all Airio data into the database is made if no database if found on Airio restart or when the !dbi command is used by an admin with stats update rights. When the database is created/found, it is updated separately from main Airio stats, but it should always contain the same data.

To enable the experimental SQLite support you need: 1) Airio FULL/PROS version. 2) A new library in main Airio folder, System.Data.SQLite.DLL, this file MUST always be there, even when you do not need SQLite. 3) UseSQLite set to true in the CFG file. 4) Installed native SQLite library as pointed to in the changelog. This fourth point may cause most troubles, so I'll try to look at it a bit closer.

On Windows you'll need sqlite3.dll file. You can install it directly in Airio directory or (maybe better) into Windows/system32 directory. Just copy the file there, no special installation is necessary. If you're using 500servers as your provider, the file should already be installed in the system, so you do not need to take step 4) above.

On Linux the native library is called sqlite3.so, so this file needs to be available. Unfortunately I do not use Linux so I cannot help you much concerning instructions where to put the file. My suggestion resulting from discussions with nl2dav of the CG servers: 1) Put the file into /usr/lib directory. 2) Try running Airio with SQLite support enabled. 3) See the log for any error reports and act accordingly.

Well, I know point 3) here is pretty vague, but if the system for example says it cannot find "libsqlite3.so.0", rename the original sqlite.so file and try running Airio again...

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG