The online racing simulator
Guys, it simply can't be denied that devs don't have the same passion as before. Sometimes i even think that they kinda... force on themselves to work on LFS. I'm really looking forward to this patch, but it's 1,5 year and we still don't know when it will be released and what have been truly done.
Big Booty Bitches OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol
Theres no point whining about shit. It comes when its ready.

People posting these shitty whining posts, long ones too tryin to be cleaver an get a response that makes them feel better... theres just no point.

Man up an stop playing lfs if you dont freakin like it!
Quote from xtraction :Theres no point whining about shit. It comes when its ready.

People posting these shitty whining posts, long ones too tryin to be cleaver an get a response that makes them feel better... theres just no point.

Man up an stop playing lfs if you dont freakin like it!

An Eteam Pilot
So much easier to just leave lfs for awhile and come back to check here and there.

Oh look no update. Maybe next month. Back to life.
I'm one of the guys who always agreed with "It comes when it is ready, I trust the Devs, go have fun with what we have!", and I still have fun in LFS however... things are supposed to get ready by now. I've been drooling for over 15 minuts on the iRacing website now and really got frustrated with our interior texture car update compared to the V8 Ford release - for example. Not to mention how entire nfinity eSports Racing is spending all their time in iRacing and I'm left out alone in LFS fetching my own setup...

Nearly 6 months have passed since Z28 patch, which contained the following glorious, and barely wanted by the community, updates:

Quote :Reduced minimum view height in SHIFT+U mode
Reduced minimum speed in SHIFT+U mode to 0.1 m/s
Multiple host passwords are now stored (Join Specific Host screen)
Added support for lfs:// (start LFS with command line from web page)
FIX : Could not join S1 or S2 host after unlocking in Multiplayer screen
FIX : Clicking SPR / MPR did not work with "Load track when starting"
FIX : Two or more dedicated hosts could be started with same port
FIX : It was possible to reset the car while a vote was in progress
FIX : Help buttons sometimes translated after returning to English

Or differently put: a lot of text to say that no simulation racing benefitable update has been done. Screw that multilanguage manual or password saving, I want sim racing relevant updates! I don't even need new cars or tracks, just update the present content already (the tyres, braking, suspension model, weather improvement, car handling, ect...)!

Less bullshit, more sim updates. And preferable without waiting for 6 months long (and actually even longer than that as Z28 didn't introduce any sim racing important updates as mentioned above). I understand that there is no entire funding or crew behind LFS as for example iRacing, that's fine. I can live with less and do not want an iRacing clone. But at least make some racing relevant updates.

You're killing my favourite game, Devs. Five years have passed, seven actually if you include my demo time, and I've taken my fair share of breaks with LFS. I do not want to take another break. I want to have great racing fun! I want to feel the exitement again! I want to race again, in LFS! Not saying that LFS is dead like all the troll kids or such, far from, but a new wind is sure more than welcomed! Not so much for myself as for with those who I race for over seven years and who race much more active than me and have got tired of always the same lapping and stuff.

Say hi to the little kids by the way, Scawen. Although... by now they're already long out of kindergarten!

Sincerely,
Seriously, I don't know if money would be a motivating factor here, but I wouldn't mind paying for the new tyre physics if that could push the development ahead faster. Just create a new version with the physics and make people pay for it. Keep support for the old physics for a while, but eventually step away from it IMO. It seems to me like the motivation is lost because it will be a LONG time before more money will be earned. This doesn't have to be the case.
Where do you read or feel that the motivation is lost?

I researched the last 500 forum postings of Scawen and I don't get the feeling that motivation is lost.

To shut yourself off from distractions is actually very good. Kids however, are a great distraction. Especially when health comes in to play, I worry more about the personal situation then about physics progress to be honest.

This whole game stands or falls with one person, not the first time I see this and it's a very risky business model.
So what are you all going to do if the devs actually have lost motivation and development stopped right now?

BTW totally agree with Gianni.
well i've been here 7 years + demo years.. and i must say the game didn't really evolve much after S1. I still check the site almost everyday to see if there is a "breakthrough" update... but to no avail.
New car (FBM), XRT being taken away from demo users, high res interiors for XF/XR, Blackwood/South city track updates etc.

Surely those must have been 'breakthrough' updates at the time.
i'd say that getting an f1 car was more of a breakthrough than all of those put together

maybe that's just me
Quote from J@tko :So what are you all going to do if the devs actually have lost motivation and development stopped right now?

BTW totally agree with Gianni.

Play nKP I suppose. There isn't anything else on the market for me...
Oh for Bob's sake...

could you please stop and think about what you are posting?
Yeah sure, there was not evolution since S1. Pit stops, fuel consumption, tire wear, new tracks, clear windows and insim updates (and all the other stuff) aren't worth mentioning at all and didn't add anything to the game play.
I really don't understand you. Scawen is trying to do his very own tire model and thats really not something you do in a few weeks with just coffee or else (and the Ballmer peak isn't a real option) especially when you keep in mind that he hasn't an engineering degree. Give him some credit for trying it and actually taking the time to find a proper solution instead of just trying to botch something together.

I'm not saying that I'm happy with everything when it comes to releasing stuff, but it's not nothing that I wasn't aware off when buying LFS ages ago.
Quote from three_jump :Pit stops, fuel consumption, tire wear, new tracks, clear windows and insim updates

"added Wed, July 2nd, 2008 16:20"

I admire Scawen and the other Devs, I love LFS partly because of those Devs and how they handle things in general. I know that they are still working on LFS and I know that they are motivated. I love LFS because of things like Scawen making his very own tyre model. That is what defines LFS and makes it so much better in my personal opinion than anything else.

However, I fear to be let down. It's been a long while now, with little to no concrete news. I fear that when the next update comes, that it will contain interior texture updates, new South City track textures and an updated errorless Chinese manual document or other such (to me) nonsense. I fear that when the next update comes, it will not have any crucial updates to the sim racing aspect, but only to graphical aspects or other of that tiny stuff... as we have noticed in the last ~2 years. That's why I want updates, or in the minimal clear communication from the Devs to the community with what is going on in the programming scéne. Ten lines and one picture is more than enough to keep me going for another six months... but just give us a shoutout and most of all a clear signal that you are this time actually working on sim racing important things (most of all being physics) and not "keeping yourself busy" with yet another manual in another language or some graphical sillyness.

LFS is not a game, it is a racing simulation.
So where are the improved physics staying ? :hyper:
Quote from J@tko :So what are you all going to do if the devs actually have lost motivation and development stopped right now?

If the devs threw up their hands and quit right now, it could turn out for the best. Especially if they published the track file format.
-
(Velociround) DELETED by Velociround : well, that was because there was no page 29
for those who bitch and moan:

are you dense? have you got any idea what it takes to do tire modelling and tire-surface interaction modelling? as a physicist i have to state that even attempting to do this, on paper, is sheer lunacy
and yet
scawen managed to do it. in realtime. the tire modeling alone is a phd thesis on its own. if he doesn't already have a master's or phd in mechanical engineering, he should be awarded an honorary degree already!

and for those (including yours truly) who reply to them: ffs stfu
1st stage of this thread - the progress report
2nd - excitement
3rd - curiosity
4th - Scawen making another post about him not dying
5th - moaning
6th - online racing
7th - telling stories
8th - defense

That's how I see it.
People still here? loool
Quote from Danke :If the devs threw up their hands and quit right now, it could turn out for the best. Especially if they published the track file format.

I'd love to import all my f1c tracks into lfs.
Quote from Danke :If the devs threw up their hands and quit right now, it could turn out for the best. Especially if they published the track file format.

Quote from hp999 :1st stage of this thread - the progress report
2nd - excitement
3rd - curiosity
4th - Scawen making another post about him not dying
5th - moaning
6th - online racing
7th - telling stories
8th - defense

9th - analysing this thread :munching_
lol.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report