The online racing simulator
They have rules, why should he be let off because he's a racing driver?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :They have rules, why should he be let off because he's a racing driver?

exactly, however i did the same thing 2 years ago and i didn't get my car impounded.
Well they might have recently started cracking down on it when you've got krutch and his mates driving about.
tut tut for Hamiltom, same thing happened last year in qualifying when Heikki was a good few tenths up.

Vettel has this championship in the bag as well. All he has to do is not crash!
Anyone else watching on Speed in the US? There's no car sound or pit radio. It's like they converted all the cars to electric overnight
Quote from Intrepid :Vettel has this championship in the bag as well. All he has to do is not crash!

Luscious Liz needs to hold herself together too. No popped spark plugs, broken exhausts, or whatever Murphy might throw her way.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Well they might have recently started cracking down on it when you've got krutch and his mates driving about.

Cut down OMG! Thats a understatement.
There has been a riot over a racing event last week.
A death of 5 people a few months ago after a drunk driver and speeding.
Let alone another few deaths in the last few weeks involving speed and hooning behavior.

So in other words, none of us know if Hamilton actually did what was said he did, he may not have he may have, theres no footage of the incident to prove otherwise. But you obey the road rules and the last thing Victoria or Australia wants is another death on its roads.

Personally you hoon around you best be ready for the consequences that follow.

Ok on topic.
Great quli shame i missed it sleeping, yes that seems strange but all with in reason, its just a shame Webber couldnt go faster or Vettle could of gone slower lol I want to see Webber win, so you know if Vettle can just let him by then play blocker i would love that
Have been reading and hearing that the redbulls may be using some sort of 'active' suspention , maclaren for 1 are asking the FIA for clarification on the matter .

If Vettel was clear of Webber i would dismiss this , but as Webber is right there with Vettel it really does make me wonder .. what i mean is I could understand vettel blowing the field away .. but Webber aswell ...

Any 1 have any thought on this ?
What if the redbull has more downforce then its competetors, its still the same.

Could be possible either way.
Yup its possible i guess ..

I was wrong about who was asking questions , its Ross Brawn and Martin Whitmarsh who has asked the FIA to clarify .. the following is a quote from autosport

Red Bull Racing in particular may be using a clever mechanical system - perhaps based around a ratchet - that will allow the team to run a low ride height in qualifying yet can adjust itself to be well suited for the heavier fuel loads needed in the race.

Is it really possible to generate that much more downforce given the stringent peramiters the teams have to adhere to ?
Alonso ftw
If it is then it will be quite funny and ironical, because, and correct me if I'm wrong, Red Bull were the first ones to complain about Mclarens F-Duct thing, no?
#64 - JCTK
Quote from DevilDare :If it is then it will be quite funny and ironical, because, and correct me if I'm wrong, Red Bull were the first ones to complain about Mclarens F-Duct thing, no?

they were the first one to sort of openly talked about it with the press...

but who else other than Ferrari that'd made a bigger fuss of it to the FIA~?
#65 - JCTK
Quote from DoC_uk :Yup its possible i guess ..

I was wrong about who was asking questions , its Ross Brawn and Martin Whitmarsh who has asked the FIA to clarify .. the following is a quote from autosport

Red Bull Racing in particular may be using a clever mechanical system - perhaps based around a ratchet - that will allow the team to run a low ride height in qualifying yet can adjust itself to be well suited for the heavier fuel loads needed in the race.

Is it really possible to generate that much more downforce given the stringent peramiters the teams have to adhere to ?

An advantage is an advantage, doesn't matter how big or small~
Probably yet another "ZOMG they've got something that makes them faster that we haven't thought of and we can't put on till Spain - lets get it banned!".

Unless it really is "active ride height", but I can't see Newey doing that - they would be found out pretty soon and lose so many points. It must at least be semi-legal.
#67 - JCTK
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Sigh, Austrailia seems to be Lewis's bad luck country. But the police there are just too harsh. C'mon, he is a racing driver, sheesh. That officer that booked him was probably bullied in school and has a sour life now.

well unfortunately the laws for us people down under is that police do have the power to impound whatever/whoever vehicle it's that'd been seen smoking their tyres or speeding by over a certain km/h or having boy racers behaviour or something like that~ XD

Harsh, but something they'll have to obey to. And that's tough luck for Lewis "giving something to the fans"... lol

Would be nice to see what they do to the WRC cars when (and if) they head down under through... those bastards were doing over 150km/h on the motorway in their WRC cars the last time I tried following one, but it was a few years ago already... lol
#68 - JCTK
Quote from J@tko :Probably yet another "ZOMG they've got something that makes them faster that we haven't thought of and we can't put on till Spain - lets get it banned!".

Unless it really is "active ride height", but I can't see Newey doing that - they would be found out pretty soon and lose so many points. It must at least be semi-legal.

Red Bull sounded pretty confident they ain't using any device similar to the type described in the press.

But then think back to winter testing, teams were only complaining about the McLaren rear wings, we didn't hear anything about the F-duct until Bahrain. So lets give the press or the teams another week or two to fully understand what's going on in that Red Bull car...
I thought i knew english pretty well, but once in a while, new word pops up.. "impounded".. i'm guessing, they took his car?

Anyway, Vetell is just crazy fast, love watching him from the cockpit camera, i hope they don't have anything ilegall on the car, or at least not something that will have them dominate like Brawn last year.. I want even fields among top 4 teams this year..
Haven't sleep yesterday for qualies, so i guess i'll have to do it for the race too 2 coffies on work, and then some energy drink when i get home..
From what I've heard the Red Bull has a thing where you can change the ride height of the car during a pitstop using something like an allan key or something, which would make it legal since the car is not under parc ferme in the race.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I thought i knew english pretty well, but once in a while, new word pops up.. "impounded".. i'm guessing, they took his car?

Yeah it basically means that the police confiscated his car.
Quote from JackDaMaster :From what I've heard the Red Bull has a thing where you can change the ride height of the car during a pitstop using something like an allan key or something, which would make it legal since the car is not under parc ferme in the race.

That's entirely legal. Ferrari has that for sure and it's not what they are talking about here.

Withmarsh says the RB6 is low in Q. A pitstop adjustable device doesn't make the car lower in Q since they can't touch the car from Q3 to race start. Only on the first pitstop.

Only thing I've read that makes sense is an auto-compensating damping circuit.

http://www.formula1journal.com/
In quali earlier, and as pointed out by Brundle on the BBC feed, you could actually hear the Red Bull scraping against the ground when it was on low fuel. Definitely some kind of technological shenanigans going on. With no fuel it should be like it was on stilts.
Well when I first heard about the whole thing I understood it this way:

The car ride height changes during the race according to the fuel. So for example, as the race progresses the ride increases.

Dont know. Pretty confused about it.

Got to love F1 mechanics. The things they come up with.
Yeah, exactly, the less fuel in the car the less weight and the higher the ride-height. However the Red Bull doesn't seem to follow these rules of basic physics, which is why people think there is something fishy going on.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG