The online racing simulator
Next race in Malaysia will be even harder for Mercedes and schumacher if it doesnt rain because the car isnt really fast with hot track temperatures like we could see in Bahrain.
I wonder if Schumacher is regretting his decision already..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I wonder if Schumacher is regretting his decision already..

I wouldnt say he's regretting it, because in the interview (german RTL) after the race today you could see that he has still a lot of fun in the f1, but of course it's frustrating to end the career in october 2006 with a great car and now to start again like in the early days with ferrari back in 1996 (lots of technical failures and bad luck).
Schumi took a massive whack at the start, I'd be surprised if he didn't have some sort of mechanical problem resulting from that clash. I know he's getting old and the car isn't awesome, but he's still better than Alguersuari.
Red Bull are almost becoming the new [classic] Lotus - nice livery, awesome designer, super fast car, but falls apart every other corner.
had to laugh, finally got round to reading this mornings papaer and commenting on hamiltons road offence the genreral opinion amongst drivers was that any other country in the world the cops would have applauded and taken photos. the one driver backing the cops? webber who said that hamilton needs to improve his driving standards before he causes an accident, talk about your words coming back to bite you
Without getting into this debate too much and I admit I have not looked to see any further information on this either. However, without knowing the full details of the factors leading to the decision for Hamilton to pit. Was it a team order or did Hamilton have some say in the decision. It did look like the right decision though, as he was stuck behind Kubica and with new rubber he was going so much faster. Just shows the trouble with F1 though, a car that ~2 secs a lap faster could not pass the car in front.
^^^^

Exactly...Shumi just pitted and was going very fast on fresh rubber. Simple math + Lewis being what he is made Withmarsh think it was a good decision.

Where Martin fails : figuring out it was impossible to pass even with 1.7 sec per lap faster tires. Who can blame him for that...

wth is this rubber anyway. Soft compound that lasts the whole race. Great way to see different strategies... At least give em tires that only last 20 laps and are worth 2 secs per.
Is it just me... or do Felipe Massa's eyebrows look just WRONG in the post-race interview? go look at it again - they dont move at all.

(problably an aftereffect of having a spring destroy that area :nod
people that bash on hamilton for his comment on the radio makes me laugh, as if anyone of you guys didin't do something like that atleast once in your life, he lost his temper and yelled at someone in the heat of the race! that makes him the worst human ever. Oh wait Alonso did something similar when he was in Mclaren when he was yelling like an idiot on the radio at the montreal GP.
The thruth is, he drove one HELL of a race.. he, Alonso and the likes, make the F1 much more exciting..
Quote from pearcy_2k7 : you don't know anything, his tyres looked the same as Webber's to me.

Yes, and Webber pitted for Rubber...
Atleast this race is better than Bahrain
Quote from BlueFlame :Yes, and Webber pitted for Rubber...

So why does no-one bitch about webber being so hard on his tyres? IMO Hamilton and webber could have gone the distance on one set, they just chose different stratergies.
going back to the problem with overaking, they need to have big rethink on the tyre compounds. at the moment the softer tyre is too durable and not fast enough compared to the harder compound.

what they should have is a soft compound that gives maybe a 4 second a lap advantage but which only lasts 15 laps on half tanks at a circuit like australia. also make it so you don't have to use both compounds and the limit on tyre sets becomes any 4 dry sets in the race. finally make it so all the cars start on the tyres they set their fastest qualifying time on. the soft tyre shouldn't fail when it's worn out just wear down to a very hard surface that gives the harder compound a 5 second a lap advantage

now what strategy do you use ? go like stink at the start on soft but with the heavey fuel load probably have to change after 8 or 10 laps or use the harder compound? if you start on the harder compound, you may have bad track position, do you go the whole race without stopping or do you change to soft when you think you can make it last? you're stuck behind a car on hard tyres what do you do, stay put and hope to pass or go for fresh soft and hope you can make the time up and then be in a car with a lot more grip ? if you really screw your soft tyres will you be forced to run on hard at the end becuase you have no more sets to use or can you live with shot soft tyres and defend for the last 10 laps?

this scenario doesn't have to raise cornering speeds above current levels, just make the soft less durable and then make the hard slower than it is now
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :So why does no-one bitch about webber being so hard on his tyres? IMO Hamilton and webber could have gone the distance on one set, they just chose different stratergies.

Im pretty sure redbull pitted him to try see if it was an advantage because during the race it was shown that the car behind can easily pass a slower car, however the track got more dry and it become more difficult.
Gotta love the aussies:

The roads minister of Victoria in Australia has used strong language to criticise Lewis Hamilton after his road car was impounded by Melbourne police. Minister Tim Pallas made the comment on the day that Victoria launched a new road safety campaign.
Mr Pallas criticised the 25-year-old British racing driver on the day that Victoria launched a Don't Be a Dickhead road safety campaign. Asked whether Lewis Hamilton met that description, he said: "OK, I'll say it. He's a dickhead."

LOL.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8592317.stm
Quote from tinvek :going back to the problem with overaking, they need to have big rethink on the tyre compounds. at the moment the softer tyre is too durable and not fast enough compared to the harder compound.

what they should have is a soft compound that gives maybe a 4 second a lap advantage but which only lasts 15 laps on half tanks at a circuit like australia. also make it so you don't have to use both compounds and the limit on tyre sets becomes any 4 dry sets in the race. finally make it so all the cars start on the tyres they set their fastest qualifying time on. the soft tyre shouldn't fail when it's worn out just wear down to a very hard surface that gives the harder compound a 5 second a lap advantage

now what strategy do you use ? go like stink at the start on soft but with the heavey fuel load probably have to change after 8 or 10 laps or use the harder compound? if you start on the harder compound, you may have bad track position, do you go the whole race without stopping or do you change to soft when you think you can make it last? you're stuck behind a car on hard tyres what do you do, stay put and hope to pass or go for fresh soft and hope you can make the time up and then be in a car with a lot more grip ? if you really screw your soft tyres will you be forced to run on hard at the end becuase you have no more sets to use or can you live with shot soft tyres and defend for the last 10 laps?

this scenario doesn't have to raise cornering speeds above current levels, just make the soft less durable and then make the hard slower than it is now

So basically you're saying tyre manufacturers should unlearn everything about durability of tyres from about the last 20 years? I very much doubt that'll happen...
in other words, use much softer compounds.
Halve the width of the tyres, and/or double the power of the current engines. The closer we can get F1 to FVee, the better the racing will be.

Wait a minute, that isn't the point of F1...
Quote from tristancliffe :Halve the width of the tyres, and/or double the power of the current engines. The closer we can get F1 to FVee, the better the racing will be.

Wait a minute, that isn't the point of F1...

F1 is barely F1 as it is anyway, with the frozen engine.
Quote from Mysho :I won't wake up early because of this. Now when I said this I swear this will be the best weekend in whole season and I will be sleeping.

Just thought I quote myself on this. So I can start my visionary career now? Meh. Stupid F1, always being fun when I finally decide not to wake up.
Quote from Mysho :Just thought I quote myself on this. So I can start my visionary career now? Meh. Stupid F1, always being fun when I finally decide not to wake up.

expecially considering it may be the only fun race you will see this season lol.
Ehm no, Monaco with rain could be fun too and last but not least Spa
There's Montréal as well.

I can't remember a race in the last 10 years on that track that hasn't been entertaining.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG