The online racing simulator
Finally got round to watching this. Was good while the track was wet, was fun watching the strategies. But then the track dried up and Hamifail was stuck behind the Ferraris and it became a procession. Softs lasting the whole race, wtf is up with that?? They need to get rid of the double compound rule, make the softs last 20 laps tops with a huge speed gain, and make the hards able to last the whole race or nearly the whole race, but be a few seconds slower.
Kimi on his website:
Quote :"In the end of day I cannot complain that this might be boring. No way. I have not had any second thoughts with the rally. This is what I want to do and I feel with all my soul this was the right option for this year."

Bye bye Webber, welcome back Kimi Though I bet Red Bull will be as reliable as McLaren while Kimi was there or maybe it's just Vettel whose to blame
Quote from three_jump :Good thing we had some bits of water for the first laps to cause a bit of carnage and some sliding cars.

BUT, I think this race was in the most aspects the same as the first one as it showed that everything else that the one obvious mandatory stop for the tire change is the better strategy due cars not being able to overtake each other. The winner pitted on lap 6, changed to the soft compound and finished without having any tire trouble. I don't think that should be possible, even with a car being very easy on the tires. Hamilton was over 1,5 secs faster than Kubica when closing up and couldn't pass and he was about 1 second faster when closing up on Alonso at the end. Sure both are good drivers but with that speed difference it should be at least possible to make a move...

Congrats to Button for being the first with balls and dry tires and winning it while Red Bull might invest some more money for QM

Agreed 100%.

Other fun things about the race, though:

1. Hamilton and Alonso carving up through the field, particularly Hamilton's around-the-outside pass.
2. Petrov's great start. Too bad he screwed it all up a few laps later. Was waiting for the reaction shot from his ice queen mother.
3. As mentioned, di Grassi coming back on Schumacher.
4. Chandok finishing for HRT.
5. Webber and Hamilton both managing to finish despite their incident/going into the gravel.
Quote from Mustafur :F1 is barely F1 as it is anyway, with the frozen engine.

to make it worse, we got a dose of "engine equalisation" to some extent too...

or as Horner had another way of saying it, since the engine are frozen now, they "should not be a performance differentiator".
Quote from JCTK :to make it worse, we got a dose of "engine equalisation" to some extent too...

or as Horner had another way of saying it, since the engine are frozen now, they "should not be a performance differentiator".

i don;t like the frozen rule but i think horners right about the equalisation being needed if engines are frozen. imagine if BMW had found a killer engine design before the freeze came in but covered it up by deliberately running with bad engine mapping to reduce it's power. then after the freeze they used a proper map and had a 80 hp advantage and the other manufacturers were not allowed to alter their engines to equalise the performance. while it mat be preferable to have the engine free to be developed if you're not allowing it you can't allow that freeze to hand a pernament advantage to users of one engine for the next X years. a better alternative may have been to find another way of equalising it such as allowing renault engined cars stickier rubber so we had cars with differing charectoristics.
whats the point of having engine manufactuers if there trying to make it equal.

thats why it shouldn't be.
Quote from Mustafur :whats the point of having engine manufactuers if there trying to make it equal.

thats why it shouldn't be.

i agree but as i said if you're going to have a freeze you have to allow some method of balancing it, if not then you could face the situation where one engine is unbeatable and no other manufacturer wants to be involved and then you have at best effectively a spec engine with every team using the same engine or at worst only 2 or 3 teams as thats all that manufacturer will supply

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG