The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :I think betraying a team and trying to fiddle your way out of a contract to join another team is a far worse crime they having a little rant on a radio after you've been screwed over.

What about repeatedly lying to the stewards to try and get more points?
dont think he betrayed his team .. he wanted out of his williams contrat , and he paid for the privilage out of his own pocket .

And for the 1st year (2004) it payed off , in 2005 onwards the car was a dog , but he stuck with it untill it was bought out by brawn ..rest is history

In hindsight ... not a bad call ?
Quote from DoC_uk :dont think he betrayed his team .. he wanted out of his williams contrat , and he paid for the privilage out of his own pocket .

Do you know actually what incident I am talking about
?
The one where he left honda to JOIN Williams again. He ended up with massive egg on his face.
Quote from JCTK :As I said, it's easier to think better in hindsight... Especially since teams are still learning about what should and should not be done with these non-refueling era~

But during that period of the race, Michael Schumacher set a massive fastest lap, McLaren probably panic-ed, pitted Lewis in order to split the strategy to get everything covered.

Either that, or they'd expect an easier time for Lewis to pass someone who hasn't pitted, or weren't expecting Lewis to be able to make his tyres last.

This is what I don't understand.

Why would they assume Kubica, Alonso, and Massa would pit and at the same time bring Mark Webber into the equation. The data showed Button was looking good on one set. It just doesn't make sense, the call was terrible.

but there you go that's racing
oh that was definately one of the most strange decisions in recent F1, button effectively ended up being williams' third biggest sponsor that year by the time he'd bought his contract back off williams
Quote from amp88 :What about repeatedly lying to the stewards to try and get more points?

Just quoting this incase you missed it Alan.
Quote from Intrepid :Do you know actually what incident I am talking about
?
The one where he left honda to JOIN Williams again. He ended up with massive egg on his face.

Yup sorry , just looked on net my bad been up for waaay to long , need sleep

does bold type mean you are shouting at me ? if so thats just mean
Quote from amp88 :Just quoting this incase you missed it Alan.

That is a different point. I am talking about people praising Button for his professionalism despite him making some huge errors of judgement in his time.
Since we are talking about the radios so much, did anyone else enjoy Alonso telling his race engineer that he didn't want to know how close Hamilton was? I had a good laugh at that, not quite moment of the race for me, that was Di Grassi getting one back against Schumacher.

F1 forum just reminded me about Saubers wing failures, looking at it the wing fell off Kobayashi's car in the same way it did during free practice, there was a clean break part of the way down the support struts. Massive shunt though, so lucky nobody was hurt. I do think we should call him kamikaze Kamui Kobayashi though, even if it wasn't his fault, just because it's the perfect nickname.
Quote from DoC_uk :Yup sorry , just looked on net my bad been up for waaay to long , need sleep

does bold type mean you are shouting at me ? if so thats just mean

It's bold so you definitely read that point!
What a race, incidents everywhere. Have to say Webber had a shocker of a race, he made too many mistakes and I did want him to win. I had a very strong feeling that Vettel wouldn't win the race and would spin off, I was right but not in the sense that he made a mistake.

Button drove a great race, as did Alonso even though he made that first corner boo boo. Kubica was the un-sung hero, he drove fantastically, getting a mediocre car into a good position for the whole race.

But, the highlight for me was Di Grassi sticking it back up the inside of Schumacher and Algersuari banging wheels with Schumacher also. Have to say it, though I already knew it, Schumacher is just gonna wish he didn't come back. He's just showing everyone that he's not as great as his statistics show, he obviously thought he would be competitive and to be fair he would of been had Alonso not caused the first corner incident.

Also, Kobayashi, I think he took a knock which took off the front wing, I don't think it was an outright front wing failure, but it was a hell of a smash!

Only 1 SC for Albert Park? That's a record low isn't it?

Alot of overtaking, but somewhat activated by the rain, just shows that when the cars rely on mechanical grip more than aero grip, there is more action. It's a no brainer really.
Quote from Intrepid :That is a different point. I am talking about people praising Button for his professionalism despite him making some huge errors of judgement in his time.

I beg to differ. I think it tells us a lot about Hamilton.
Quote from amp88 :I beg to differ. I think it tells us a lot about Hamilton.

I don't care what it says about Hamilton, that's not the point. I am highlighting the fact that no driver is whiter than white.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Since we are talking about the radios so much, did anyone else enjoy Alonso telling his race engineer that he didn't want to know how close Hamilton was? I had a good laugh at that, not quite moment of the race for me, that was Di Grassi getting one back against Schumacher.

Yes, yes!

Both moments gave me a good laugh.
Quote from Intrepid :This is what I don't understand.

Why would they assume Kubica, Alonso, and Massa would pit and at the same time bring Mark Webber into the equation. The data showed Button was looking good on one set. It just doesn't make sense, the call was terrible.

McLaren do f**k things up quite often when things didn't go according to plan~
Quote from Intrepid :The data showed Button was looking good on one set. It just doesn't make sense, the call was terrible.

Well Button treats his tyres with some respect, unlike Hamilton. Button's textbook silky smooth style suits the soft tyre better than Hamilton's "Senna-like aggression". Also, Hamilton is better in the wet than almost anyone else on the grid, the only other driver that comes close to Hamilton in the wet on the current grid is Alonso IMO.
Quote from Intrepid :That is a different point. I am talking about people praising Button for his professionalism despite him making some huge errors of judgement in his time.

We all make errors ..me more than most , but he has grown into a cool calm and collected racing driver , with balls !

Hope lewis can do the same

Intrepid ..i sense you are not a Button fan

going to get a few hour sleep .. great thread tho
Quote from DoC_uk :We all make errors ..me more than most , but he has grown into a cool calm and collected racing driver , with balls !

I wouldn't say Jenson has balls... he doesn't stick it up the inside like Hamilton or Alonso would, that's balls.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well Button treats his tyres with some respect, unlike Hamilton. Button's textbook silky smooth style suits the soft tyre better than Hamilton's "Senna-like aggression". Also, Hamilton is better in the wet than almost anyone else on the grid, the only other driver that comes close to Hamilton in the wet on the current grid is Alonso IMO.

I don't think Hamilton was all that bad on tyres. His was lapping very quickly on a set of tyres that had spent most of the race in dirty air and overtaking etc... which puts huge strain on them. Button had the luxury of clear air.
Quote from BlueFlame :Also, Kobayashi, I think he took a knock which took off the front wing, I don't think it was an outright front wing failure, but it was a hell of a smash!

I'm not so sure, look at the wing supports and you can see a very clean break on the one that didn't take an impact in the accident. The break is exactly the same as the one in free practice when the wing failed, it's in the same place and it's the same shape. It didn't look like he had any obvious damage either, Schumachers wing stayed on despite his contact causing heavy damage to it.
Quote from BlueFlame :I wouldn't say Jenson has balls... he doesn't stick it up the inside like Hamilton or Alonso would, that's balls.

Now now. Brazil 09. That drive needed some pretty good balls.

Quote from Intrepid :I don't think Hamilton was all that bad on tyres. His was lapping very quickly on a set of tyres that had spent most of the race in dirty air and overtaking etc... which puts huge strain on them. Button had the luxury of clear air.

That is not true. We all know Hamilton is a lot more aggresive on his tires. He squeezes everything out of them but also kills them way too fast.
Quote from DoC_uk :We all make errors ..me more than most , but he has grown into a cool calm and collected racing driver , with balls !

I don't mind Button at all, just people forget so easily about certain lwos points in all drivers histories while always highlighting Hamilton's
Quote from Intrepid :I don't think Hamilton was all that bad on tyres. His was lapping very quickly on a set of tyres that had spent most of the race in dirty air and overtaking etc... which puts huge strain on them. Button had the luxury of clear air.

Hamilton got into that phase of following another car closely, after he pitted anyway, and his rear tyres were pretty shot. We all know Hamilton uses his tyres up alot quicker than Button, so the only way to keep Hamilton into the picture was to pit him for tyres, if he was struggling with tyres both times before and after he stopped, it was obvious it was the right thing to do, to bring him in. If your tyres have gone off, you will only lose time staying out, regardless of traffic/clean air.
Quote from Intrepid :I don't care what it says about Hamilton, that's not the point. I am highlighting the fact that no driver is whiter than white.

umm... putting Hamilton and White in the same sentence... I can't help but think of something else~
Quote from BlueFlame :Hamilton got into that phase of following another car closely, after he pitted anyway, and his rear tyres were pretty shot. We all know Hamilton uses his tyres up alot quicker than Button, so the only way to keep Hamilton into the picture was to pit him for tyres, if he was struggling with tyres both times before and after he stopped, it was obvious it was the right thing to do, to bring him in. If your tyres have gone off, you will only lose time staying out, regardless of traffic/clean air.

He wasn't struggling. He was lapping at a perfectly decent pace. He went wide lost a bit of time and was instantly on the back of Kubica. Also he doesn't use his tyres up a lot quicker. It's a myth not backed up by recent races.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG