The online racing simulator
October is something...3d TV doesnt sound convincing to me... I might get one LATER AFTER prices drop like w/ LCD's
screw that, i'm not wearing another pair to glasses just to watch tv.

Typical Polyphony, 'nuff said.
Attached images
polyphony.jpg
^^^^

rofl!
This is just sad now.
You can make out the SLS sound from the outside better in this recent vid from a Polish motor show

Quote :The game offered a well known track Nürburgring and ride Mercedes SLS. Visual side has not changed, when more than two years ago I bought my first PS3, videos of GT5 have been doing a great impression on me. Now, when I saw a competitive game heartbeat next to overcoming the corners is much slower, and the same publisher cools us with each successive game release dates. Quite a nice model car, same track, and the environment now much uglier. The demo was implemented "damage model" - I managed to tear partly behind the bumper car (unfortunately only on the right ...) To the game approached several times, the Mercedes did not want to turn, and the settings are not enjoyed myself, as the game offered only Japanese shrubs. Although really, the demo I spent several minutes just came across a bug (unfortunately I could not photograph it) you see at a speed of 150 -160 km / h on a straight road (find us at the finish) I became Auto prance like an American dragster. Presents itself as a whole in motion? Review for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TMVwxT3Il8
Quote from Matrixi :Typical troll attempt.

Better than have a console "sim" dumbed down yearly, and having another number at the end
Note how the car lands unevenly from the jump - assuming it's right hand drive, then the weight of the driver is there

In the recent "night" trailer, the Esprit lands unevenly to left
Quote from CoolColJ :Note how the car lands unevenly from the jump - assuming it's right hand drive, then the weight of the driver is there

In the recent "night" trailer, the Esprit lands unevenly to left

I don't know, that SLS behaves wierd to me... it's obvious the guy probably plays on D-pad (?!), but the car handles like it has one long wheel in the middle, you know, like in "Only fools and horses"
Quote from CoolColJ :You can make out the SLS sound from the outside better in this recent vid from a Polish motor show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TMVwxT3Il8

What the funk is happening with the collision physics? I know FM3 suffered with either end of the car lifting easily on collision, but that is just ridiculous! I will reserve most of my judgement until I get my hands on the game, but there also seems to be no body roll whatsoever, and the car is jumping over the kerbs way too easily. Note how the front end gets entirely off the ground at one point, and yet there is no understeer when the car lands on the ground with the steering at full lock.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I don't know, that SLS behaves wierd to me... it's obvious the guy probably plays on D-pad (?!), but the car handles like it has one long wheel in the middle, you know, like in "Only fools and horses"

It was with a controller, there was only 1 wheel setup he said.

Cars tend to look weird in that view, in any game I've played so far.
There are 2 physics models in GT5, so you can never tell which is running in the demos. I know it has traction control on - the red bars on the throttle meter. But in GT4, you also had separate settings for active stability management for understeer and oversteer, 1-10 scale.
And both had a large effect on the handling

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :What the funk is happening with the collision physics? I know FM3 suffered with either end of the car lifting easily on collision, but that is just ridiculous! I will reserve most of my judgement until I get my hands on the game, but there also seems to be no body roll whatsoever, and the car is jumping over the kerbs way too easily. Note how the front end gets entirely off the ground at one point, and yet there is no understeer when the car lands on the ground with the steering at full lock.

Well the Ring has some pretty high curbs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbmDKZ78MOU
Quote from CoolColJ :It was with a controller, there was only 1 wheel setup he said.

Cars tend to look weird in that view, in any game I've played so far.
There are 2 physics models in GT5, so you can never tell which is running in the demos. I know it has traction control on - the red bars on the throttle meter. But in GT4, you also had separate settings for active stability management for understeer and oversteer, 1-10 scale.
And both had a large effect on the handling

Well the Ring has some pretty high curbs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbmDKZ78MOU

I know how high the Curbs are. I have been there. My point is the car is bouncing over them too easily. In other words, he hits the bump, and it seems the cars suspension does not compress them. The car just takes off! Then while in air, he applys steering, yet there is no understeer when the wheels touch down. The car INSTANTLY gets grip and continues going round the corner as if nothing happened.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I know how high the Curbs are. I have been there. My point is the car is bouncing over them too easily. In other words, he hits the bump, and it seems the cars suspension does not compress them. The car just takes off! Then while in air, he applys steering, yet there is no understeer when the wheels touch down. The car INSTANTLY gets grip and continues going round the corner as if nothing happened.

The suspension is modelled, maybe that's how the car is?

You can see the suspension working on the Ferrari F1 car here as it goes over the curbs and down the straight at Le Mans, which is a fairly bumpy track at speed, in an older build of GT5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC5sFD8aT58
Quote from squidhead :Better than have a console "sim" dumbed down yearly, and having another number at the end

I beg your pardon?
Wake me up when they annouce a release date zzzzzzzzzzz...:sleep2:
Quote from danowat :Wake me up when they annouce a release date zzzzzzzzzzz...:sleep2:

I don't wish to welcome a coma, so I'll wake you now.

Hmm.... Assuming the PS button was pressed in game, and the Quit Game icon is above the XMB, this could be real...
Yes... But will we get to use it?
Don't think it's a public demo. Looks like the one PD have been carting around to various events as it's got all the different event settings on.
people on GTPlanet pointed out that this looks a lot like a shopped GT PSD screenshot
yeH, but if it IS real, i can wait.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG