The online racing simulator
hello guys, i got problem with vray.. how to add shadows under the car?
Attached images
ainainai.jpg
in light option "cast shadow"
ore in configuration by light lister turn it on.
Quote from Boekanier :in light option "cast shadow"
ore in configuration by light lister turn it on.

i dont know where is light option or light lister
1, up you see tools on the left side.

fot the light lister.

2, if you seleckt you light you can use your modifier tool to tweak the lightsettings
also need a plane under car,and add matte/shadow material to it
Quote from wygiuxx :i dont know where is light option or light lister

If you don't know about the most basic things like these one, then you need to spend time learning the app first.
Quote from e2mustang :also need a plane under car,and add matte/shadow material to it

i done it but nothing changed.. :/
-
(leonardo555) DELETED by leonardo555
big thanks for leonardo
still have little problem. how to remove red reflections near to the car?
Attached images
2.jpg
Quote from wygiuxx :big thanks for leonardo
still have little problem. how to remove red reflections near to the car?

Dude, IMO it's your HDRI that is making it. If you use another you might fix this.
Can, anyone tell me how to change the background?
This is my first try for render, it's simply
Sorry for 2 posts
Ppl who aren't too familiar with traditional 3d apps might want to have a look at Hypershot. It allows to do setups much quicker and easier than traditional 3d packages. Render quality is good and the app isn't a "noob" thing. Hypershot is aimed towards quick and easy renders, whereas 3d apps gives you the flexibility to do almost whatever you want - that in turn also means that the leaning curve is steeper, even for simple things.

Website
What is is and how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_5YjZoC9ic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhhjtghwtWs

Edit: hm.. it seems it can't be downloaded atm. due to some licensing issues related to the rendering technology - they are working on solving this.. keep an eye out.
Looks decent.
hey,

my blackwood project is still going,only on weekends tho.. i made few little updates,but i got stuck for a bit with the lights in garage. so im asking if it looks alright enough. or how to tweak it etc. have a look pls.
also some random shots i made
Attached images
bl 3.jpg
bl 4.jpg
bl 5.jpg
The Blackwood project is difficult but your work is spot on so far, about the it lights, in your scene the light is coming from the walls in the pit, but in LFS blackwood the lights are in the ceiling.
already looks good mustang,

you go in the right direction.

please note here on the bump of the street lamp, bottom, is not good.
and what BMW says, light comes from above.

reflections of the car less,
you have a lot of wax used?

about the light don't use a round but rectangular spotlight.
thx! ye it is difficult especially when you only work with boxes
about the light it is coming from the top, each bay has 1 rectangular spotlight,it is not coming from walls its just where the beam of light and the falloff goes. i will try to play with it more.
-
(andRo.) DELETED by andRo.
Hey,

I finally got rid of the blender and got 3DS Max, but there is a problem with the Brazil. I did everything like it was in the file for Brazil, but still it wouldn't work. Just wondering if Brazil version 1.2.2.1. suits the 3DS Max 7? Since it said that it is for versions 3,4,5 and 6, but some people say, that it also works with the 7th version of 3DS Max.

Since I don't know what the problem, I can't even explain what might be the problem, it just doesn't work or makes it look like the Brazil is not even installed.

Maybe I'm using the wrong version or smth?

Thanks for any help.
when you start max does a window pop up sayin anything about brazil? probably with a picture.?

btw i see what u guys mean! light looks like its coming from the right wall beaming towards the car and other wall. but its not.as said above 2 lights are on top. pic:
Attached images
light.jpg
It didn't before, but now it does. I found the problem, I searched for better installation guides in google, and I solved the problem and now it works. Thanks anyway.

I had some files placed incorrectly.
Quote from e2mustang :hey,

my blackwood project is still going,only on weekends tho.. i made few little updates,but i got stuck for a bit with the lights in garage. so im asking if it looks alright enough. or how to tweak it etc. have a look pls.
also some random shots i made

Good to see process and updates.

Your lighting needs some work - the artificial lights are too strong and you need to add some filler lights, to emulate skylight (and even the artifical ones) bouncing all over the place.
Quote from e2mustang :thx! ye it is difficult especially when you only work with boxes
about the light it is coming from the top, each bay has 1 rectangular spotlight,it is not coming from walls its just where the beam of light and the falloff goes. i will try to play with it more.

Use an IES keep the good work
So, I finally decided to change to 3DS Max, and it was like a new beginning for me, so I don't really know how to do things there yet.
I can say that 3DS Max is so much better than blender. Quality is much better, cars don't look plastic, rendering time is like 7min, but blender use to take ~20h.
I was just trying to make one render, to see how it looks. I hate the chrome rims though and I didn't know how to fix them...

BTW, if I want to take or change some parts of the car, I have to select the part by vertices or something? Because the FXO was like one piece all together and I couldn't select just rims, it would select the whole car. Or maybe I was doing something wrong...

HIGH-RES
Quote from andRo. :So, I finally decided to change to 3DS Max, and it was like a new beginning for me, so I don't really know how to do things there yet.
I can say that 3DS Max is so much better than blender. Quality is much better, cars don't look plastic, rendering time is like 7min, but blender use to take ~20h.
I was just trying to make one render, to see how it looks. I hate the chrome rims though and I didn't know how to fix them...

BTW, if I want to take or change some parts of the car, I have to select the part by vertices or something? Because the FXO was like one piece all together and I couldn't select just rims, it would select the whole car. Or maybe I was doing something wrong...

HIGH-RES

good one but there are too much threshold. what r u using? brazil? i can help u if u want.
Yeah, Brazil.
BTW, the skin is LQ, because I accidentally used 1024x1024 and not 2048x2048. + I have no idea how I added the gray surface, it was all white and then suddenly gray. Probably because I was pressing everything I saw and pressed something I didn't notice...

I'll try making a better render tomorrow or so. Ohh, yeah, how can you enlarge things in 3DS Max? For ex. I imported a rim, and I want to resize it to fit the car.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG