The online racing simulator
this conversation hurts
Let the devs do theyr work, the patch is ready when it is.
btw, i saw a dream last night that lfs was getting dx8(dno why dx8).
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Let the devs do theyr work, the patch is ready when it is.
btw, i saw a dream last night that lfs was getting dx8(dno why dx8).

We ARE on DX8. (iirc)
You sure?, i tought it was dx7
Quote from bmwe30m3 :You sure?, i tought it was dx7

We are in DX7, with some improvements of DX8. So LFS requires DX8
Nice but i'm getting old over here.
Awwww You Guys all sucking up.... I'll Believe it When its actually released if i'm still alive.
Quote from OBP 55 :Awwww You Guys all sucking up.... I'll Believe it When its actually released if i'm still alive.

you are already dead (ahmed the dead terrorist)
Break off car parts in next release of LFS?
Somebody knows something about plans to introduce break off car parts i.e. bumpers, spoilers, wheels in LFS 0.6A?
I heard about this some time ago, but I can't find proof anywhere in form of statements or confirmation of developers.

Thank you.
Quote from adamshl :Somebody knows something about plans to introduce break off car parts i.e. bumpers, spoilers, wheels in LFS 0.6A?
I heard about this some time ago, but I can't find proof anywhere in form of statements or confirmation of developers.

Thank you.

Scawen has stated it's on their to-do list, that's all we know at the moment.
Quote from Whiskey :We are in DX7, with some improvements of DX8. So LFS requires DX8

LFS in DX10, or I guess a jump to DX11, would make the game so much more popular, and better. I only hope that Victor, or whoever, has at least considered this, and at least started it. If not, I really wonder what the Devs actually do.
Quote from Mango Juice :LFS in DX10, or I guess a jump to DX11, would make the game so much more popular, and better. I only hope that Victor, or whoever, has at least considered this, and at least started it. If not, I really wonder what the Devs actually do.

They work on the important side of things, which are physics.

Would you like Scawen to stop working on new physics to do a DX update instead?

PS: Look at this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=65956
Works on physics are better than works on graphics IMO.
Quote from Mango Juice :LFS in DX10, or I guess a jump to DX11, would make the game so much more popular, and better. I only hope that Victor, or whoever, has at least considered this, and at least started it. If not, I really wonder what the Devs actually do.

Yes obviously because there's currently a whole queue of people not playing LFS specifically because it's DX8?
#692 - e.M
didnt wanna to make a new thread becouse maybe its a common thing so racing in derby server i got a red text(like timedout) that there was- too many physics objects though nothing else happened besides the text i believe its becouse of lyt but it shouldnt happen now should it?
Quote from Whiskey :They work on the important side of things, which are physics.

Would you like Scawen to stop working on new physics to do a DX update instead?

PS: Look at this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=65956

I thought it was Victor who was the guy who did all the graphics stuff? But yeah, I guess it's Scawen that coded the engine. That's the problem with not wanting to expand a workforce. heh
Quote from Mango Juice :LFS in DX10, or I guess a jump to DX11, would make the game so much more popular, and better.

Both DX10 and DX11 does not exist
Not owning a graphic card with DX10 (even DX11) support doesn't mean it doesnt exist. He actually did...
DirectX 10 and 11 is just an illusion created by Microsoft to force stupid people to buy Windows Seven and ballsucking Vista. Tesselation effect so heavily promoted as an DX11 effect was available in OpenGL for over 3 years. It has even been possible for years before that, using fast instancing and vertex-texture-fetch.

I recomend you to read this epic blog post at Wolfire Games developement blog:
http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/0 ... se-OpenGL-and-not-DirectX
Quote from morpha :I shall counter

I'm not saying that devs should use OpenGL. I wanted to say that making LFS DX10 or DX11 would make as much sense as becoming gay. DX9 would be enough.

BTW I don't trust Tom's Hardware.
Why would you then trust the thing you posted, which seem nothing more than a blog?

Anyway, what it just looks like to me is that DX10 and 11 do bring new features, but that they've been for the most part announced early, and handled as if they were already there. That is true especially for DX10, and the features are actually there in DX11.

The other problem that DX faces is that the difference really isn't that big between DX9 and DX11. Partly because developers in general can't be bothered to develop a game that will not reach half of the gamer's population, but also simply because the visual difference is not as big as advertised.

OpenGL to me is the sad story. The one of the product that has actually got more potential than its competitor, but which cannot do much because it is plagued by delays, questionable management and weight of the giant, dominant product.

Now, getting OpenGL to LFS probably will not happen. They're quite different APIs and while I'm not very well versed in programing, I'll assume that making the switch is impossible without designing a whole new engine.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG