The online racing simulator
i personally think the VWS was a publicity stunt to get more players to buy an S2 license. they were never gonna release it xD its a scam! :P

tyre physics though seem more of a possibility but i still doubt we will have any wanted updates ANYTIME SOON! so in the mean time im gonna pretend nothing has been mentioned about new cars and tyres and when they finally do come (in the year 2046) ill be like WICKED! xD
The devs will take a big breathe when the patch is released...
Quote from Flame CZE :The devs will take a big breathe when the patch is released...

If it's released
Quote from Bawbag :These updates are gunna have to be mighty good, after all the anticipation and the numerous amounts of people who have just given up and went to other games, something big is needed to bring them back.

The fast people need to leave, and that's the way it's gonna work, if LFS starts to fill up with crashers and noobs something shall be done.
@ devs.
Any updates?
Well let me get to the point of what went on in this thread for many many pages, and I want to contribute to all the posts in the only fitting manner while keeping the same style and saying the same as the above:

spam spam spam argument getting personal spam spam.

greetz

der efficientbutz
Updates will come in 2031...ohhh fck..i forgat that in 2012 will be the end of the world...
Seriously, do you think that fixing some errors and bugs on a nearly ready car tooks over 2 years? for expert programmers?
BURN SANCHEZ AGAIN!
Quote from ASR Sanchez :Updates will come in 2031...ohhh fck..i forgat that in 2012 will be the end of the world...
Seriously, do you think that fixing some errors and bugs on a nearly ready car tooks over 2 years? for expert programmers?
BURN SANCHEZ AGAIN!

<facepalm>

come on guys stop complaining about updates and get a life, you already forgot how your home doors look?
Btw, why isnt this thread renamed to "Thread for making your post counter bigger"? So much spam in "offical" thread like that, sucks ass...
Well i've just asked a simple question, but i got no answer, just BUUURN from fanboi's...but that's an answer too..
PS: post counter increasing yupeeeee
Quote from thezero :Btw, why isnt this thread renamed to "Thread for making your post counter bigger"? So much spam in "offical" thread like that, sucks ass...

so why don't you stop posting in it?
I just want to be wowed to the point I am glad I stuck with LFS because when the next update (be it S3 or a patch), otherwise LFS will turn me even more off and want to switch sims. NKPro, Arca Sim, iRacing or even back to RBR.

For all this waiting LFS better be back in leauge with those sims otherwise its just a disappointment waiting to happen. Because even if its good but not up to par with other competing sims, how much better will other sims get in the time for their next release? rFactor 3 may come out faster than LFS S4 hell nkPro .99 to 1.03 which was killed for its long dev time is being superseeded by this LFS (patch or S3)

BTW I love LFS physics as is, could it be better sure, could my wife be prettier sure, but I am am happy with her. Like I said in the improvement suggestions forum, more of my happiness with LFS could be had by improving FFB, graphics, different tracks (hillclimb up and down), cars, forcing stock setups (happy its on the dev list), then Physics.
to make it simple:

Scawen:"I like to support languages and I find it interesting, but I can't do it until the highest priority things are done. At the moment that is the new tyre physics, VW Scirocco and Rockingham that everyone is waiting for."

from other thread

they are working on it,and im sure we wont be disappointed.
For the love of god, if they would just let a few more people help develop the game, sh*t would get done so much faster. Its been ever a year since the VW was supposed to be here. How does that happen!?
Quote from cardriverx :For the love of god, if they would just let a few more people help develop the game, sh*t would get done so much faster. Its been ever a year since the VW was supposed to be here. How does that happen!?

1st people who have the same opinion with me.
Quote from cardriverx :For the love of god, if they would just let a few more people help develop the game, sh*t would get done so much faster. Its been ever a year since the VW was supposed to be here. How does that happen!?

Scawen must again make a new tyre physics, and i think this is big job, because the physics is the base of the game, understand? In LFS Team only he programing the game. (other games developing many many people)
I think what a lot of people seem to forget is that this isn’t just a patch with the VWS and Rockingham, this is a M & S patch ………. *cough*Scawen pointed out that it involved the re-working of the physics of lfs. I assume that no one wants the physics to be worse due it being a new physics system so the update date needs to be at least equal to what we have now (if not already better.) Finally I suspect that there is an element of secrecy regarding how Scawen is coding the physics.

For all the complainers/haters/whiners etc: One question are you all that incapable of putting lfs down and finding another hobby to entertain your time until the patch comes?
-
(marcel1) DELETED by marcel1
Quote from cardriverx :For the love of god, if they would just let a few more people help develop the game, sh*t would get done so much faster.

But the whole point of LFS is that it's a small, 3 man team. It'll be a massive departure from the original goals if that were to change.

It isn't that Scawen doesn't realise it might be quicker (eventually - once the new person has learnt how Scawen wants it to be done), but because he doesn't want to employ/manage other programmers, or work in large teams and program by committee. It is why he left Lionhead (I think).
Quote from raczger :Scawen must again make a new tyre physics, and i think this is big job, because the physics is the base of the game, understand? In LFS Team only he programing the game. (other games developing many many people)

GYÁÁÁÁÁ
#622 - Dac
Quote from Greboth :
For all the complainers/haters/whiners etc: One question are you all that incapable of putting lfs down and finding another hobby to entertain your time until the patch comes?

Why? People have paid for LFS and are dedicated to seeing it prosper. People are complaining because they were promised updates that have not materialised in over a year. They have a right to complain this is a public forum where people are supposed to publicise their views (within reason) openly. If you don't like hearing peoples opinions then you go and do something else. Simple.
Quote from Dac :Why? People have paid for LFS and are dedicated to seeing it prosper. People are complaining because they were promised updates that have not materialised in over a year. They have a right to complain this is a public forum where people are supposed to publicise their views (within reason) openly. If you don't like hearing peoples opinions then you go and do something else. Simple.

You paid for LFS as it was in its state it was in when you brought it, you don't pay for any future development.

IMO, you only have the "right" to complain if there was something fundementally wrong with the product you paid for at that time.

Updates and improvements are a BONUS not a requirement or neccesity.
It´s not that you pre-paid "Alan Wake" or "Duke Nukem" you know...
Quote from Dac :Why? People have paid for LFS and are dedicated to seeing it prosper. People are complaining because they were promised updates that have not materialised in over a year.

People were never promised anything. At all.

Quote :We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December

They planned to release the VW Scirocco, and that plan changed. Never did they say 'We promise that we will have the VW Scirocco done by xx date'
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG