The online racing simulator
#576 - Dac
The internet will be extinct by the time this patch arrives.
@DAC
More to the point, if that is the case, civilization will be extinct by the time the patch arrives. Complaints about the preservation of civilization should take precedents over LFS; however, you're still complaining about the patch. Therefore, in your case, the LFS patch takes more priority than the end of civilization on this planet because they'll both happen by the time the internet becomes extinct.
My guess we will get it this Christmas.
#579 - Dac
Quote from legoflamb :@DAC
More to the point, if that is the case, civilization will be extinct by the time the patch arrives. Complaints about the preservation of civilization should take precedents over LFS; however, you're still complaining about the patch. Therefore, in your case, the LFS patch takes more priority than the end of civilization on this planet because they'll both happen by the time the internet becomes extinct.

The new LFS patch is worth more than the whole world.
Quote from Dac :The new LFS patch is worth more than the whole world.

Alot more!
Well.. I can't deny that.
Quote from Dac :The new LFS patch is worth more than the whole world.

Yesh!

The new patch is actually a nuclear bomb and will be dropped on this community!

seriously though, don't you guys have anything other to do than complain or even post here on this topic?

Enjoy LFS, or play something else, the patch will come when its ready.

The only reason that people are complaining is the fact that over the times the devs have listened to requests & are communicating with the community.
Less abuse of that please.
#584 - Dac
Scawen's decision to close the server change thread without replying to Yeager's post really loses my vote. You can only defend LFS for so long. I know this is only one voice, but I know it's shared with many others.
Quote from Vegas Las :They told us the next patch will be released on March ??? No.

in case you missed the whole miss the release date issue, the scirocco was due to be released over a year ago. hitting deadlines isn't on top of the list of things that happen, hell i don't even think its on the list.
thats the thing when you work for yourself, everyone else can just go to hell and kiss your ass on the way past.
so don't go holding your breath for a patch, and learn to be disappointed it just saves so much time.
Quote from Scawen :But the problem is that DNS updates take quite a few hours to propagate around the world... so doing a DNS update to a temporary ip address and then back again a few hours later could be a waste of time.

DNS part is easily done.
Depending on your default TTL (which is generally set to 1 day), you lower it more than 1 day before actual action to 5 min.
So, during 24 hours new TTL will propagate everywhere.

What this means is when you change IP to new one, you also change DNS. This also means it will take upto 5 min for whole world to know new address.

After all is done and finished, you put TTL back to original value.
Quote from obzelite :in case you missed the whole miss the release date issue, the scirocco was due to be released over a year ago. hitting deadlines isn't on top of the list of things that happen, hell i don't even think its on the list.
thats the thing when you work for yourself, everyone else can just go to hell and kiss your ass on the way past.
so don't go holding your breath for a patch, and learn to be disappointed it just saves so much time.

We're not talking about the same release.

Quote from Fuse5 :Enjoy LFS, or play something else, the patch will come when its ready.

<3
Let's lock this thread and let's go to play some Live For Speed IMO
and youve not
The thing i wrote in thread - "Monthly updates please", but it got closed.

about that idea in monthly update thread - totally agree with u, once in a month at least few sentences about how devs are doing with LFS would be very healthy for the community.

Quote from Torben :Have you considered the fact that the devs maybe don't want to tell what they are working on right now.

have u considered fact that devs already told us what they are working on ?
For example me, i don`t need to hear every month that there are new things they are working on. I will be happy if they just remind us regularly that they keep rollin () and even if they say - "The patch is postponed due to xxx reason, next information after 30 days" i would be happy>dissapointed , because it shows that devs are still doing something. I know i have no reason to think they don`t but these updates will bring more trust in LFS.
I just think that the Devs' news will most certainly be about complex programming in the development of new features to come, so most people here won't know jack shit of what that is about, and because of that, the Devs won't be able to put those reports in words that everyone can understand. Not to mention the fact that some of those features are supposed to be a surprise, so naturally they won't talk about them until they are ready to be tested or released.

I seriously don't get why there are absolute noobs who act like spoiled little bastards won't shut their face about how long the VWS is taking to be released...just be happy with what you have.
These updates are gunna have to be mighty good, after all the anticipation and the numerous amounts of people who have just given up and went to other games, something big is needed to bring them back.
#595 - e.M
a rally pack
Quote from e.M :a rally pack

How did that rumour even start anyway? All I remember is one ridiculously obvious Photoshop and then a bunch of people believing it.
The infamous rally pack was originally planned (or rather, considered) by the devs and Victor prematurely spilled the beans on that in an interview. However, it turned out that they didn't really have the resources after all, so all that is left now is the rally pack in-joke and the invaluable lesson for Victor to keep ones trap shut about development plans unless you know 100% you can do it (i.e. it's already done but not released yet).
Quote from Senninha25 :just be happy with what you have.

i`m pretty sure u`re saying that cause it`s right thing to say, because there is no homo sapiens that don`t want progress in things.
there would be no "absolute noobs who act like spoiled little bastards" if there would be none track,physics,car announced + postpone. we all know devs didn`t plan things to go like that and they want their "customers" to be happy, but still I understand all those absolute noobs what u call them, who whine about the updates, because it`s like - women makes u think there will be sex, but in the end there is none and we get like FUUUUC---- :dunce:
so u have no right to call anyone spoiled little bastard, just because they are more willing to get something new, that is announced, than u

P.S it`s really hard to say things like i have them in my mind, cause english is not my strong side, but i hope u understand what i`m trying to say
Quote from adagio4lv :
have u considered fact that devs already told us what they are working on ?

Yes they did, and everything they could tell us every month would be more details. And giving out details is just not wise in a capitalistic society, which the world is, if you want it or not. Someone would try and get a benefit out of the details.

Quote from AndroidXP :(...) the invaluable lesson for Victor to keep ones trap shut about development plans unless you know 100% you can do it (i.e. it's already done but not released yet).

And there you have another reason why the do not want to tell what they are working on.. It only generates false hope and bounces back to you, and then right in your face...
Quote from Bawbag :These updates are gunna have to be mighty good, after all the anticipation and the numerous amounts of people who have just given up and went to other games, something big is needed to bring them back.

+1 Ray. But honestly i don't think that they will make something big, but maybe they DON'T want to make big things...or anything...When you ask about the updates/progress report, you got no answers ( ahh sorry, the only answer was: "We'll give a progress report when there is something to report.". ) And you can get a big BUUUURN from LFS fanboi's .
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG