The online racing simulator
Brakes: a bit more reflective.
Tires: Too much reflection.

The tires are most off, of those two.
Did a new render. As you can see, I wasn't going for anything fancy + didn't even bother to change the wheels etc., I just wanted something simple with my new skin, that's all.

Quote from e2mustang :im just wondering if the brake and tyre looks somewhat realistic?
im working in vray now,still a lot to learn!

The middle of part that touches the road of the rear tyre has texture.
Tyres have too much reflections.
Textures have so much bump.
Wheel doesn't fit with this car.

yep i have issues with the tire,i just cant get it right,and yes it has too much bump,and texture got f ed up,in brazil its good
and the rotor the reflection from ground makes it less glossy. will test some more. meanwhile if some1 can give me a good tyre mat,ill be more than happy wink wink
Quote from andRo. :Did a new render. As you can see, I wasn't going for anything fancy + didn't even bother to change the wheels etc., I just wanted something simple with my new skin, that's all.

Very good render - I'd have to say though that the dark's are too dark. You can have "super dark's", but when dark's from skin, tire and shadow can't be distinguished then it's too dark with the kind of lighting you have here. It's close to be perfect. but just a tad too much dark.. IMO.
It wasn't from the render, I added some colors in photoshop. But I have to agree with you, but the problem is that I noticed it only after I posted it. When I added the contrast a bit, I didn't notice that it is so dark.

But anyway, thanks.
Quote from andRo. :It wasn't from the render, I added some colors in photoshop.

Yah, I know. There is no way to output such result unless you use some fancy filter in the 3D app .. which you btw shouldn't do. As you probably know or are getting aware of, it is better and easier to do so in PS etc.

Quote :
But I have to agree with you, but the problem is that I noticed it only after I posted it. When I added the contrast a bit, I didn't notice that it is so dark.

Heh, I've made same mistake many times. Make it a habbit to take small breaks away from what you think is final (or while working) and then come back and look at it again. It's normal.. happens all the time

Edit: Just completed this one... hope you guys like it.

PNG versions: 1280x1024 . 1600x1200 . 2560x1600

Breakdown video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEfNjPYJ3yM
Wow nice one r4ptor

great reflections
Nice one, r4ptor. Looks so real.
Wow, incredible job r4ptor, looks fabulous!
thats very nice !

cant vray do like brazil? make everything black put a plane over car,done?

well leo555 hows this rim?

still testing,i know background is fooked..

EDIT: i tried a photoreal pic with hdri. i dont like it
Attached images
xrt hotness.jpg
hdri test.jpg
Thanks!
woow r4ptor! I love everything about it, best render in this thread
Quote from e2mustang :thats very nice !

Mustang,

You must do something to your windows.
Therefore it does not really looks real.
Take a different material for the glass.

I think that you need to change your rims and windows. Windows are so unrealistic and so are the rims But you're renders will look great when thats fixed!
yeah i tried at least 5 different mat for windows,they all pos.thr rim has bronze mat,but the reflections are bad on it. meh.. ill try something when i have time

I agree with pacesetter, you need to change your rim material(the model is good) and windows material.
I attached my glass material for studio scene, but I think it will work for outdoor scene too. Take a look.

EDIT: deleted my material.
thanks leo,ill try it when i get home
unfortunetly it wont work for me,maybe just pm me with the settings?
Quote from e2mustang :unfortunetly it wont work for me,maybe just pm me with the settings?

What 3ds max do you have?
Quote from e2mustang :max8,9 and 10. but i use the 9 with vray

This is the problem. I have 3ds max 2009 so it won't work for you :/
isnt it the same? im pretty sure the icon says 2009. ill check. maybe different vray we using?
e2mustang:
Presets will do you no good if you don't know how to tweak them, to fit your needs.

Anyhow, it seems like you need to look into Fresnel. If you are already using it then the falloff may be completely off.

Fresnel:
http://wiki.blender.org/upload ... Part-III-fresnel-ball.png

I bet the "fresnel IOR" defines the falloff rate - a high number would probably give you something like the 3rd ball in the link... but I don't use vray, so don't take my word for it on that one

Set the refraction IOR falloff to 1 - even though some may say set it to something low like 1.05 or whatever. It's not worth it IMO and adds to rendertime.

That *should* be it, really.. oh, and ofcause.. crank up transparency. How transparent it should be depends on how clear or tinted you want the windows to be. Just experiment
-
(leonardo555) DELETED by leonardo555

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG