The online racing simulator
I've let it run through the translator, but I think it bugged out at points
Blame Google for any mistranslations.
Attached files
Translated.mpr - 23.9 KB - 450 views
Quote from AndroidXP :I've let it run through the translator, but I think it bugged out at points
Blame Google for any mistranslations.

I don't see what you are on about, google translator is very accurate.
No-one is fooled by your bullshit.
Its fake guys.
I can tell by having seen many faked videos in my life.
Quote from AndroidXP :No-one is fooled by your bullshit.

Don't put that language to me, I was just joking, because of having to much time on my hands.

You don't need to act like an idiot against me, and swear to me
Quote from rockclan :Don't put that language to me, I was just joking, because of having to much time on my hands.

You don't need to act like an idiot against me, and swear to me

Having too much time doesn't mean you have to waste others time for no actual reason.
its technically fraud
You guys are incredible.. reports thrown
#510 - Uke
Did anyone see the announcement?

Quote from Victor :Hello LFS Racers.

On Wednesday the 17th of February our servers will go offline for several hours. This is because they are being relocated to another data center. Unfortunately this time we cannot do the move transparently.

The expected schedule is the following :
- At 0:00AM the LFS websites and master server will go down.
- Around 9:00AM services will be resumed.

Because the master server will be unavailable, no multiplayer racing will be possible during this time as well as unlocking LFS.

We hope this will not inconvenience too many people as the move will be done during the (european) night, but want to extend our apologies in advance nevertheless.

- LFS Developers

Patch relase anyone? Well, if not at least we know the developers are still alive
Quote from Uke :Did anyone see the announcement?

Patch relase anyone? Well, if not at least we know the developers are still alive

Lol, I was waiting for the first guy to start the rumourmill. It clearly says the servers are being relocated. Don't get your - and everybody elses - hopes up.
#512 - Dac
I actually had a dream last night I was reading a new thread from Scawen :S
It's just a regular maintenance, why would there be a 9 hr delay because of a patch?
#514 - Uke
Quote from obsolum :Lol, I was waiting for the first guy to start the rumourmill. It clearly says the servers are being relocated. Don't get your - and everybody elses - hopes up.

The patch relase thing was actually a joke, but I'm happy to notice that the devs are still alive
I can't get the idea of "servers will be relocated" ..

anyone ??
Don't bet on anything other than they probably found a way to cut cost / get more value (or similar) for their money.

Anything else is highly speculative and is a waste of time.
#517 - Woz
Quote from three_jump :Don't bet on anything other than they probably found a way to cut cost / get more value (or similar) for their money.

Anything else is highly speculative and is a waste of time.

You post is as much speculation as any other because we don't know the reason.

It could be that the start is S3 is close and they want to make sure they have the bandwidth requirements covered that the large spike in interest will cause.

See as you can see, your reason is as much speculation as any other lol
Normally, when you do a relocate, both servers stay online concurrently, and the various DNS servers begin to redirect the clients from the old to the new one. This takes a couple of hours, and some DNS servers update earlier than others, resulting in the two servers being online simultanously. So if they are compatible, this should not be a real problem, except that then you have connected to the old master, you will not see the games from the new one, and vice versa.
But if the servers are not compatible, this might be a problem. So my guess is that this is the first update for the backend for the next release. t least I dont really see a need for a mainteanance relocate because LFS user and server count have not really been increasing dramatically lately.
Quote from Woz :It could be that the start is S3 is close

Your 40th birthday wont happen before your 39th, so lets stick to S2 at first
well, i know that insim lags, and is down alot, so maybe a more reliable server setup, or system.....thats what i get out of it

:twocents:
My .02 would be that they're either moving to a faster server or to a less expensive one.

I wish it was a preparation for the patch though
Quote from kimd41 :My .02 would be that they're either moving to a faster server or to a less expensive one.

I wish it was a preparation for the patch though

Completely agree.
Quote from obsolum :It clearly says the servers are being relocated.

It's just a cover for 0.6A release! not really
It does seem a tiny bit fishy that the change over isn't seamless, as it would be with a pure relocation. But who knows... We'll just have to wait and see
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG