The online racing simulator
Quote from kamkorPL :To me GT5TT wins in graphics, suspension movement, replays, 900 degrees. Forza 3 in physics, sounds, feedback. Ofcourse GT5TT still has good physics, good sounds and good feedback. While Forza 3 also has good graphics, good suspension movement, good replays and no 900 degrees.

And both games give a very good fun factor to me. Plus I'm hoping physics will improve in GT5. I think it's fair to say we have two winners here. As far as I am concerned, I would like to own both.

Are you sure you aren't my twin?
Its about time they got rid of the shit sounding menu sounds, make it sound so stupid
It's actually OpenGL! (almost.. PS3 has it's own mostly compatible flavour of OpenGL)
The AI still looks the same as previous series :thumbsdow It's as if all the cars are of the same make and all are racing in safety formation. It would be so much more immersive if there's an actual fight for position in front of you or two cars ahead trying to block you. The AI in GT seem too perfect almost like LFS AI...
Not quite. I'm sure they'll have some of the improvements that GTPSP has for AI. Proper battles (for the most part).. passes, awareness, and a bit better driving overall.
Quote from trebor901 :Its about time they got rid of the shit sounding menu sounds, make it sound so stupid

Still got the elevator music though, it sucks so badly lol.

In races there's a proper soundtrack, why not use it in the menus too?
Quote from brandons48 :Still got the elevator music though, it sucks so badly lol.

I love the soft jazz / elevator music in the GT menus!!!!
Quote from danowat :I love the soft jazz / elevator music in the GT menus!!!!

The jazz parts are good and seem to "fit" the other bits kinda get on my nevers though
Thing that worries me is how serious the online system will be. I seriously hope there will be qualifications, tire and fuel wear, racing rules (flags etc..). Otherwise i won't find use in online and will end up drive it alone like GT4.. Does Forza have yellow flags, blue flags, tire and fuel wear etc?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Thing that worries me is how serious the online system will be. I seriously hope there will be qualifications, tire and fuel wear, racing rules (flags etc..). Otherwise i won't find use in online and will end up drive it alone like GT4.. Does Forza have yellow flags, blue flags, tire and fuel wear etc?

I imagine it will work just like GT5p does.

Forza doesn't have flag rules, but there is tire and fuel wear, but not on all servers.
Quote from danowat :I imagine it will work just like GT5p does.

Haven't tried GT5p online, but i haven't heard nice stories.. I just hope for qualifications at least, flying starts online are a laugh.. and are a laugh generally, that always iritated me in GT games, like '3.. 2... 1' and you're in control now.. aaarghhh.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Haven't tried GT5p online, but i haven't heard nice stories.. I just hope for qualifications at least, flying starts online are a laugh.. and are a laugh generally, that always iritated me in GT games, like '3.. 2... 1' and you're in control now.. aaarghhh.

I have, its not great.

Fingers crossed for qualifications and other good stuff.
I hate the Jazz in the menu's too. In the last GT games they had licensed music for racing and Jazz for the menus. They should now have no music for racing (Thank god for improved engine sounds) and possibly licensed music for the menus.
Who on earth has music while they race!!!!
I pretty sure not EVERYONE turns the background music off.
Quote from brandons48 :Still got the elevator music though, it sucks so badly lol.

In races there's a proper soundtrack, why not use it in the menus too?

yeah but they really need to get rid of that stupidly arcade game like ting that all the movements in the menu make its just so annoying
Quote from trebor901 :yeah but they really need to get rid of that stupidly arcade game like ting that all the movements in the menu make its just so annoying

This, i hate those sounds.. it's the same sound you gain control in the flying start.. :rolleyes:
Quote from Boris Lozac :This, i hate those sounds.. it's the same sound you gain control in the flying start.. :rolleyes:

ding ding ding DIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG
i just hope it has a caterham of any sort i love them
In the time trial if you go into the pits from the exit side, a yellow flag comes up and your forced to turn around. So there seems to be a flag system

I love the acid jazz, lounge and deep house music in the menus!

Music tuned off while racing and in replays for me....

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG