The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
Quote from Shadowww :Very smart to show CSS on lowest graphics settings. Kid.

Those aren't the lowest graphic settings you tool. It's unwise to call other people a kid, Shadowww. You're not exactly one of the more mature forum members are you? I have had CSS pretty much since it was released, I know perfectly well what it looks like. I love the game but it's not a patch on what GT5 looks like. Saying it looks better graphically is just silly.

I don't understand why you're having such a tantrum to be honest. I have said so many times that I know PC gfx will always have the edge, however to say that CSS looks better than GT5, that's really clutching at straws to try and prove a point that doesn't even need proving to me.
Quote from Shadowww :They aren't highest either.

Probably not, I didn't look through all the CSS pics on google. I could have picked a better GT5 pic aswell. All I was doing was proving my point.
You couldn't pick better GT5 pic because you can't change graphics settings on consoles.
Quote from Shadowww :You couldn't pick better GT5 pic because you can't change graphics settings on consoles.

Shadowww grow up. There's no way you can be this stupid naturally, although I'm sure you could surprise me. There are some screenshots that are better than others that show graphical strengths and weaknesses. For example the screenshot of GT5 is from the interior view of the car. I could have used a screenshot from an external view which may have been better than the one I have used. It's not hard to grasp.
Well, just to get you all confused and mix everything up at the same time, I present you the OS Xbox PRO with OS X, Win 7 and Ubuntu installed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TggHtINGIyc

So... it's basically a Mac PC Console with as many conflicting OSes installed as he managed to.

I can't wait to see how fanboys are going to react to it.
Quote from Gills4life :Shadowww grow up. There's no way you can be this stupid naturally, although I'm sure you could surprise me. There are some screenshots that are better than others that show graphical strengths and weaknesses. For example the screenshot of GT5 is from the interior view of the car. I could have used a screenshot from an external view which may have been better than the one I have used. It's not hard to grasp.

Why are you even talking to him? Lol

Loading the demo right now, maybe i´ll come free from COD MW2 and get to play this one now
Quote from BastianB :Why are you even talking to him? Lol

Because he has need to prove his point.
Are you sure first one is DiRT2 and not real life?
i prefer games trying to look photorealistic. I mean Dirt 2 looks good, but it doesnt look "real" to me :/ some of the effects are nice like if you drive through a huge puddle, you'll be damn near blinded by mudd on the windshield.
I said in my opinion though, for me CSS does look more realistic because it is more crisp and defined.

That screenshot you posted is of what looks like an early build of css source, i've played it since beta - those player models are hunched forward and skinny like the early versions of css.

Either that or they are very bad custom models.

Destructable objects look to be turned off aswell and other items that litter the maps, so other graphical settings will be low aswell.

Like i said, it in my opinion looks more realistic to me, using a movie quality config for best visuals and for a game so old it still looks amazing. I'm not really into all the motion blur, depth of field, super 400 effects photo mode that current games ship with, i play them occasionaly, but i prefer clean cut games.
i've been gathering info on Dirt 2, and I've found something peculiar... did they really drop the group B and Pikes peak rally cars AS WELL as Pikes Peak itself?
Quote from DejaVu :
Like i said, it in my opinion looks more realistic to me, using a movie quality config for best visuals and for a game so old it still looks amazing. I'm not really into all the motion blur, depth of field, super 400 effects photo mode that current games ship with, i play them occasionaly, but i prefer clean cut games.

You won't enjoy Dirt 2 if this is the case. So if GT5 is not as realistic looking as Counterstrike Source, which I think is laughable by the way, where does that put Forza 3 or LFS? Below CS1.6?
-
(jonthedoors) DELETED by franky500 : Trolling
On the Wii...

I give Dirt 2 on the Wii a HUGE thumbs down.
Quote from squidhead :i've been gathering info on Dirt 2, and I've found something peculiar... did they really drop the group B and Pikes peak rally cars AS WELL as Pikes Peak itself?

In the console version of Dirt 2 there is no Pikes Peak. The only group B cars available are Metro 6R4 and Ford RS200 (you have to unlock them), but they are in rallycross versions. It's possible to drive them on rally stages but you don't have the co-driver reading the pacenotes. Most probably this also applies to PC version unless they've added some content.
I just woke up and had a nice surprise.

[11:53:04] <+Shadowww> .pre Dirt.2
[11:53:06] <+smartass> [PRE] Dirt.2-RELOADED [GAMES] [PRED @ 03.12.2009 03:21:03 (7h 31min 35sec ago)] [7680.00MB in 75 files]

Leeching from TL at 7.8MB/s :]
Quote from Shadowww :I just woke up and had a nice surprise.

[11:53:04] <+Shadowww> .pre Dirt.2
[11:53:06] <+smartass> [PRE] Dirt.2-RELOADED [GAMES] [PRED @ 03.12.2009 03:21:03 (7h 31min 35sec ago)] [7680.00MB in 75 files]

Leeching from TL at 7.8MB/s :]

So what did they do? They removed dedicated servers too so now you have an excuse to show off you're pirating?

I'm not a hypocrit, everybody does it one way or another, a little or a lot, but showing off and thinking it's cool is actually very retarded.

I'm not against piracy, but kiddies that do not even understand the existing debate and load up on the ''freebies'' without a second thought disgust me.
Quote from Gills4life :You won't enjoy Dirt 2 if this is the case. So if GT5 is not as realistic looking as Counterstrike Source, which I think is laughable by the way, where does that put Forza 3 or LFS? Below CS1.6?

LFS is clean cut graphics without crappy immersion effects though, with better texture packs, the tracks look really good even in this day and age. Car models lack a bit of detail, but overall it still looks 10 times better than 1.6.

Comparing them to cs 1.6 is just stupid That game has looked like crap for a century
And yet again, Gill's brings FM3 into the discussion.

Just face it Gills. Your jealous.
Lol, 3 infraction points. Does that mean we don't hear that motormouth of Shadowww's for at least a few days?
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Lol, 3 infraction points. Does that mean we don't hear that motormouth of Shadowww's for at least a few days?

He won't get a chance to say "happy new year" or "merry christmas" if that's what you're wondering

Quote from w126 :In the console version of Dirt 2 there is no Pikes Peak. The only group B cars available are Metro 6R4 and Ford RS200 (you have to unlock them), but they are in rallycross versions. It's possible to drive them on rally stages but you don't have the co-driver reading the pacenotes. Most probably this also applies to PC version unless they've added some content.

What the EFF were they smoking, I got no idea, but they've just removed half the fun from the game
Hehe.

Thats what you get for trying to be a smartass.
Quote from DejaVu :
Comparing them to cs 1.6 is just stupid

Lets be honest, so is comparing GT5 with CSS.

Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG