The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
Yeah, because DX10324439783425 makes everything so shiny and much better than the graphics consoles are capable of.

Behind all the DX whatever number they come up with next, you still know you are just playing the same game? If you want to brag about who has the best graphics, have fun spending alot of money and wasting time upgrading your graphics card each year.

Month acutally.
Better then no graphics at all.
Quote from DevilDare :Dont people get bored of using the same argument against 360 over and over again....?

360? More like 180 if you are talking about which angle you turn when you see it.

It's not as if DX11 is going to make Dirt2 look much better than it does on the console versions. It's the same game. Only difference is, most of us have been playing it for months already while you have had to wait because of the thrills you get over having the latest dx version, which will have little to no difference over this game anyway.
Quote from Gills4life :It's not as if DX11 is going to make Dirt2 look much better than it does on the console versions. It's the same game. Only difference is, most of us have been playing it for months already while you have had to wait because of the thrills you get over having the latest dx version, which will have little to no difference over this game anyway.

Not sure about that Chris. I know in COD4 or 5 for instance, the difference is huge as the consoles don't get the shadowing etc.

Be interesting to see the difference though
Quote from Shadowww :360? More like 180 if you are talking about which angle you turn when you see it.

Nah but thats what happens when people see your face
Quote from StableX :Not sure about that Chris. I know in COD4 or 5 for instance, the difference is huge as the consoles don't get the shadowing etc.

Be interesting to see the difference though

But it's not as if the console versions look that much worse. They still look excellent. My point was against Shadowww and his bullshitting over owning a console. They are easy to use and keep people entertained. They are much cheaper than paying another 300 quid every month just to keep a PC up to date with the latest hardware. Also I'm not convinced that the difference is that huge at the moment. I don't know of a PC racing game/sim that tops GT5 in looks. PCs will always have the lead eventually though, never disputing that. I just don't see the big problem in having a console aswell. There are advantages and drawbacks as with everything, but for many they are still a very worthwhile purchase, whether it be a 360 or a PS3. Don't get me wrong, I am on my PC for the majority of my gaming time, but I really enjoy having a blast on my PS3. The gaming is quick and easy to get into, no mucking about. Just pick up and play!
Quote from Gills4life :It's not as if DX11 is going to make Dirt2 look much better than it does on the console versions.

Sadly it probably will.
Quote from Gills4life :But it's not as if the console versions look that much worse. They still look excellent. My point was against Shadowww and his bullshitting over owning a console. They are easy to use and keep people entertained. They are much cheaper than paying another 300 quid every month just to keep a PC up to date with the latest hardware. Also I'm not convinced that the difference is that huge at the moment. I don't know of a PC racing game/sim that tops GT5 in looks. PCs will always have the lead eventually though, never disputing that. I just don't see the big problem in having a console aswell. There are advantages and drawbacks as with everything, but for many they are still a very worthwhile purchase, whether it be a 360 or a PS3. Don't get me wrong, I am on my PC for the majority of my gaming time, but I really enjoy having a blast on my PS3. The gaming is quick and easy to get into, no mucking about. Just pick up and play!

Dude, PC doesn't overheats, you can use PC for something else for gaming, you need powerful PC for something else than gaming too, buying 40" HDTV for console is expensive too, etc.

I don't have TV (I find it pointless, waste of life), what's point of buying console for me? PC is much cheaper.

P.S.: http://vimeo.com/7900321 (was recorded on a PC that's cheaper than PayStation 3 and overheats much less than cookbox 360).
Quote from Shadowww :Dude, PC doesn't overheats, you can use PC for something else for gaming, you need powerful PC for something else than gaming too, buying 40" HDTV for console is expensive too, etc.

I don't have TV (I find it pointless, waste of life), what's point of buying console for me? PC is much cheaper.

P.S.: http://vimeo.com/7900321 (was recorded on a PC that's cheaper than PayStation 3 and overheats much less than cookbox 360).

PCs can overheat. You can use a PS3 or 360 for things other than gaming. Buying a decent monitor for a PC is expensive too. You don't need a 40" TV for it to look good. I use my PC monitor with my PS3 aswell. You don't have to upgrade your hardware every few weeks to keep a console up to date either.

I am not trying to promote the idea to you for buying a console. I am making the point that just because you don't like the idea, there are others that do, and for a lot of people they are more practical and they enjoy it a lot. I don't understand how you can say that having a high end gaming rig is cheaper than buying a console. Like I said before, I prefer my PC to my PS3, but I still use my PS3 plenty and it keeps me very entertained for a much lower price than what I would be paying for a new up-to-date gaming rig every few years.

P.s. You can get a new PS3 slim for £220. Where can you buy a PC with all new components that runs Dirt2 maxed for £220? Hook me up.
Quote from Gills4life :

P.s. You can get a new PS3 slim for £220. Where can you buy a PC with all new components that runs Dirt2 maxed for £220? Hook me up.

You shouldn't compare a PC with a console. A console is for games and maybe for DVD's. With a PC you can do everything.
Quote from TurboBlaster :You shouldn't compare a PC with a console. A console is for games and maybe for DVD's. With a PC you can do everything.

I am not the one trying to compare the two in the first place, if you actually read through the page you would see the point I was trying to make. Also you can do more than play games and watch DVDs on consoles now, but that's not the point that I am trying to make.

Quote from Shadowww :

This isn't comparing?

:doh:
Quote from squidhead :Sadly it probably will.

It already does, some of the features of the game have been totally remade for DirectX11 and are not available at all on the consoles. Mainly graphics. And they do look awesome! (much more than on the consoles)

Anyway, this game is a must-buy! I'm definitely going to purchase it when it comes out for PC. And I'm just waiting until nVidia friggin' finally releases a DirectX11 graphics card!
Quote from Gills4life :P.s. You can get a new PS3 slim for £220. Where can you buy a PC with all new components that runs Dirt2 maxed for £220? Hook me up.

newegg.com.

Ofc. without monitor.
Quote from Gills4life :Also you can do more than play games and watch DVDs on consoles now, but that's not the point that I am trying to make.

Browsing websites with browser that doesn't even supports flash?
Quote from Gills4life :This isn't comparing?

Did I say it is?

Quote from Velociround :And I'm just waiting until nVidia friggin' finally releases a DirectX11 graphics card!

Same here.
Quote from Shadowww :newegg.com.

Nothing on there for the same price as a console now that will run Dirt2 maxed out.

Quote from Shadowww :Browsing websites with browser that doesn't even supports flash?

There is an internet browser, amongst other things. I was making the point that you can do more than just play games and watch DVD on a console nowadays. Why would I need flash anyway? Youtube works, facebook works... I can post on here from my console too if I wanted :rolleyes: I use my PC for this kind of stuff, but it's still achievable now on a console. What point are you trying to make?

Quote from Shadowww :Did I say it is?

No you didn't, hence why I wasn't referring to you.

Quote from Gills4life :Nothing on there for the same price as a console now that will run Dirt2 maxed out.

There is an internet browser, amongst other things. I was making the point that you can do more than just play games and watch DVD on a console nowadays. Why would I need flash anyway? Youtube works, facebook works... I can post on here from my console too if I wanted :rolleyes: I use my PC for this kind of stuff, but it's still achievable now on a console. What point are you trying to make?[/QUOTE]Uhm.

1st: youtube just can't work without flash
2nd: youtube and facebook aren't the whole internet, you know
3rd: ok, web browsing > pass. Still, PC has a lot of free good games like OpenArena (free Quake 3 Arena), Urban Terror, etc.
Quote from Gills4life :No you didn't, hence why I wasn't referring to you.

Buy some glasses plz.
Quote from Shadowww :
1st: youtube just can't work without flash
2nd: youtube and facebook aren't the whole internet, you know

Youtube works fine on my PS3. I used to go on it quite often when I didn't have access to my PC. BBC iplayer also works very well and is now implemented into the main menu of the PS3. Quit talking from your backside. They are not the whole internet, yes I am aware of that, thank you, although I do not know what your point is here. I am proving my point that consoles can now do more than just play games and DVDs.

Quote from Shadowww :Buy some glasses plz.

My eyesight is fine thanks. I was referring to TurboBlaster, using a quote from one of your posts as an example.
Quote from Gills4life :I am proving my point that consoles can now do more than just play games and DVDs.

Ow, yes, you can browse intenets too, that's only thing that wasn't possible on consoles before for sure
Quote from Shadowww :Ow, yes, you can browse intenets too, that's only thing that wasn't possible on consoles before for sure

:dunce: You're not very bright are you?
Sure PC games will always look the best. I would never disagree with that. Dirt2 will look better on the PC because you can have higher resolutions and better Anti-Aliasing. They still look similar though, and Dirt2 for the PC seems to be the same game that we have been playing on consoles now for a couple of months already. Hopefully it has something extra. If you want to compare irrelevant screenshots, then I shall join in.

What is your point?

Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG