The online racing simulator
Saved from the second page. Some older stuff from this summer.

some nice stuff there Taavi, much edited?
-
(Taavi(EST)) DELETED by Taavi(EST)

Some of mine, all shot with my old Konica Minolta Z3 (4 MPixel, but 12x Zoom, sucks in dark enviroments (dark means no direct sun light ))
Nothing photoshoped
Attached images
Australien 2008 WJT 076.jpg
Australien 2008 WJT 211.jpg
Dockville & Bergrennen 14-15te August 056.jpg
Dockville & Bergrennen 14-15te August 107.jpg
Dockville & Bergrennen 14-15te August 156.jpg
Taize 2 Oktober 2009 056.jpg
Taizé März 2008 189.jpg
Quote from IlGuercio :Iso 1 billion?
A bit more forehead would have been better,thou it is good

Maybe a higher ISO was the point.. Imo it fits.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Maybe a higher ISO was the point.. Imo it fits.

It was shot in a dark hallway and the girls gave an ultimatum beforehand: no light set up allowed whatsoever. So high ISO it was.

But thanks for the feedback. Nothing was planned that day and my framing and compositions were all over the place. Lessons learned in the process.
Quote from jonaz lindberg :Could we see some raws?

Don't shoot raw, sorry. Could still have some straight out of the camera jpegs, but i'll have to look for them. Get back to you tomorrow.
Wow, what's with the bad quality??? Pentax lenses really do suck!
But very nice pics otherwise!

E:Lower the contrast
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Wow, what's with the bad quality??? Pentax lenses really do suck!

But very nice pics otherwise!

Joke, right? I'm not seeing quality issues.
Quote from SamH :Joke, right? I'm not seeing quality issues.

Really? It's not only the contrast. It seems like there is a lot of sharpening which ruins the quality overall, and pops up the noise.. There is a filter used on that pic, right?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Really? It's not only the contrast. It seems like there is a lot of sharpening which ruins the quality overall, and pops up the noise.. There is a filter used on that pic, right?

For an image saved in-camera JPG, I think it's a fine photo. Lighting conditions look difficult but I think the camera's done a really good job with the resulting image. Perhaps I'm wrong, I just don't see lens issues at all.
Quote from SamH :For an image saved in-camera JPG, I think it's a fine photo. Lighting conditions look difficult but I think the camera's done a really good job with the resulting image. Perhaps I'm wrong, I just don't see lens issues at all.

Yes, true, the lens isn't so bad. Didn't think what I wrote that's why I added the contrast thing in the end.. I'm not a huge pentax fan, haven't really seen any good pics taken with pentax if you don't include DWB.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Really? It's not only the contrast. It seems like there is a lot of sharpening which ruins the quality overall, and pops up the noise.. There is a filter used on that pic, right?

So you think lenses are the cause of sharpening and noise?

Pardon me if I don't take your opinions on photographic equipment very seriously.

For other good shots taken with Pentax gear: www.pentaxphotogallery.com

Or, y'know, search flickr.

There are several fashion and adventure photo pros who use Pentax gear (Benjamin Kanarek, who shoots for Elle and other French fashion mags, for instance), and Pentax's medium format cameras are still the cameras of choice for lots of landscape and studio photographers.

Also, Pentax's limited primes are basically the envy of shooters in other systems... can't count the number of times I've seen a long discussion on a Canon board about someone converting the FA 77mm f/1.8 Ltd. or FA 31mm f/1.8 Ltd. to work on his 5DmkII.

hth
I've come to the conclusion that all systems are equally good, but not every photographer can use them equally well. Sure, there are limitations here and there, but in the end it's probably something you weren't meant to do, otherwise you'd have picked the "right" manufacturer from the start. I realise that Sony (despite compatibility to Minolta lenses and the fact that they're present in pretty much any camera in some way) is not the best DSLR manufacturer there is, based on popular photographies taken with their products or the number of photographers using their products. However, my A200 suits me just fine, there is some sort of emotional connection that I didn't get with the D40 that first brought me into the world of photography.

Debating over camera systems is just silly, we've all made our choice.
Quote from morpha :I've come to the conclusion that all systems are equally good, but not every photographer can use them equally well. Sure, there are limitations here and there, but in the end it's probably something you weren't meant to do, otherwise you'd have picked the "right" manufacturer from the start. I realise that Sony (despite compatibility to Minolta lenses and the fact that they're present in pretty much any camera in some way) is not the best DSLR manufacturer there is, based on popular photographies taken with their products or the number of photographers using their products. However, my A200 suits me just fine, there is some sort of emotional connection that I didn't get with the D40 that first brought me into the world of photography.

Debating over camera systems is just silly, we've all made our choice.

Yeah, agreed. We can spend hours debating the fine details re: the architecture of the sensors used on various models, or measurebating the MTF figures for various lenses, but really all dSLRs these days are capable photographic tools if you know what you're doing, so you just have to pick the one that best suits your specific needs and goals.
I really must agree.

I certainly went through the hardware snobbery phase, attempting to substitute a lack of raw photographic talent with buckles, bags, jackets and gadgets, and I came out the other side while still very young.

I've slowly upped my own game (it's been really slow, and I'm still trying) but I know that I will eventually take a photo to be proud of, even with the old hardware I have. My limitation isn't the camera*, it's me, time, patience, wisdom etc.

*Though I'm confident I'll never take a photo worthy of merit with this shite Coolpix thing I bought...
IIRC the Pentax k-m has quality issues with jpeg compression, but in RAW the picture quality should be good as with the competitors.
Quote from samh :*though i'm confident i'll never take a photo worthy of merit with this shite coolpix thing i bought...

Haha, I feel for you there.
-
(Taavi(EST)) DELETED by Taavi(EST)

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG