The online racing simulator
hows the damage??
Quote from chavm481 :hows the damage??

Wheel can get slightly off the center, but that's about it.
Quote from Bose321 :I got Shift to run pretty nice now on my PC. Could some people suggest some settings in-game and in logitech profiler for the G25, please?

I did post my settings a bit further up on this page

Btw i did some hotlapping around the ring with the Pagani Zonda R and i'm pretty happy with my time..anyone who can beat it?
Attached images
shift ring hotlap.jpg
Quote from Crommi :Wheel can get slightly off the center, but that's about it.

hows the visual?
i finally got that cable

but when i start it, i get through the insanely long video (any way around those) and as soon as i get into the cockpit it crashes. i remember it worked with my old black screen, but that was a black screen :?
Quote from logitekg25 :i finally got that cable

but when i start it, i get through the insanely long video (any way around those) and as soon as i get into the cockpit it crashes. i remember it worked with my old black screen, but that was a black screen :?

If you're on the demo you can't skip the long videos. It's advertising itself after all.

If it's crashing try make the in-game screen resolution the same as you have it in Windows if you can get to the game menus. Maybe turn off Vsync as well might stop it crashing. I read somewhere in this thread that someone had issues with changing graphics details levels, and graphics settings for textures/quality other than the default causes the game to crash. But try mess around with them any way, you might find something to work.
I saw this advice in GT5 forum...it's from a Shift dev....it worked for me.

Quote from Shift Dev :
My steering wheel feels unresponsive
It is recommend that you set the wheel to 360 degrees of turning lock and 0% speed sensitivity. We also recommend that you do not set the steering lock to anything higher than 450 degrees without then also adjusting the lock settings for your car in the advanced setup screens. Using the Logitech control panel set the steering lock to 360 degrees, then in-game select the appropriate preset for the wheel. Also using the in-game options set the speed sensitivity to 0% and ensure the steering deadzone is set to 0%. We recommend this as a good starting point however you may want to spend some time tweaking these values to better suit your driving style.

Quote from Shadowww :So you can't install a wing on your 300+ km/h capable BMW M5 just because it would look "ricer"? :3

Wings on stock cars are pretty useless. Aero really doesn't start mattering until above 80 MPH, and even a really big wing won't generate any noticable downforce until over 100. How many corners on a normal race track can an M5 take at 100 MPH?

Anyway, the AI is really pissing me off in this game. I just did a championship race where I came 2nd to a Zonda R. In the points distribution page, it says I was beat by an RX-7. The championships are rigged if you don't finish 1st - the AI always makes sure the points leaders finish well even if they crashed out in the race and crossed the line last. Which makes sense in a way. In games past, championships were super easy because AI very rarely got repeat wins.
Quote from Bose321 :8x AA. Vsync on, and in CCC Triple buffering on. Seems to be the best combo so far. ATi fix isn't possible, since it
s PissX, so the game need to be patched.

PhysX doesn't affects ATI card owners at all, it just increases FPS for owners of cards with PhysX support, now go fanboy somewhere else.
Quote from Shadowww :PhysX doesn't affects ATI card owners at all, it just increases FPS for owners of cards with PhysX support, now go fanboy somewhere else.

So you're saying Mirrors Edge with PissX turned on, doesn't effect ATi card owners?
ati card users cant turn it on unless they own a physx addon card . Hopefully directcompute makes physx and cuda a thing of the past.
Quote from Bose321 :So you're saying Mirrors Edge with PissX turned on, doesn't effect ATi card owners?

Aww, you can't turn it off? :/

EA don't have to remove it, EA need to allow users to disable it. It's PhysX by the way, your spelling can be a bit better for your age.
No idea what you guys are complaining, game is running fine on my ATI card without hardware PhysX.
iget a bit of stuttering sometimes w/ my 4850, also, i noticed textures flickering on and off towards the middle/end of a nordschleiffe lap.
Quote from Shadowww :Aww, you can't turn it off? :/

EA don't have to remove it, EA need to allow users to disable it. It's PhysX by the way, your spelling can be a bit better for your age.

Pretty sure it's PissX.

Crommi, what card and what CPU you got?
Quote from Bose321 :Pretty sure it's PissX.

Crommi, what card and what CPU you got?

C2D E6750 and HD4850, FPS hasn't really been an issue apart from situations where there's 20 cars ahead of you.
Quote from Bose321 :Pretty sure it's PissX.

Maybe it is in ATI fanboy country

By the way, I am still waiting for the prooflink of thing you told me in MSN
Quote from Shadowww :Maybe it is in ATI fanboy country

By the way, I am still waiting for the prooflink of thing you told me in MSN

You're the fanboy here. And prooflink of what I told? I didn't say anything to you.
Quote from Bose321 :You're the fanboy here. And prooflink of what I told? I didn't say anything to you.

You did said NVidia offered ATi to buy PhysX but they refused.
ok guys stop trolling or whatever the term is

i think it is hard with the input lag but a good game, even though i come in last every race

it is harder then lfs i think
Quote from Shadowww :You did said NVidia offered ATi to buy PhysX but they refused.

lol yeah i'm sure they offered at a reasonable price and w/ reasonable contract. Fanboys can never smell their own stench on either side.
oh no!! you encountered the mythical 'white flood'!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG