The online racing simulator
Quote from John5200 :this game makes adictive!

btw, the graphics are breathtaking!! just check out these reflectations (graphics not even maxed out)

edit: didnt even know that you can take pics from the starting grid

Dear god, use some anti-alias! Must say the graphics look insanely good even in stills.
If you have ever dreamed of racing,
You are in the right place, LFS
This game gets me closer to my dream like nothing else,
I Will get you comin out the corner, (clean)
downloading as we speak...trying in the morning, got my profiler all set up, with my new studio 9 6gb, with my nvidia geforce gt 220

EDIT: as soon as i pressed extract, it started to crash a little, this is going to be great

EDIT2: this is taking sooo long...finally done. automatically checked off, run need for speed shift, view readme, quickly install auto-fail *unchecks*

EDIT3: wow i finaly finished installing, and vista manages to lose the 1.1 gb file and makes me re-install :gnasher:

EDIT4: ok i got it to work, and am dissapointed at the lack of an option to choose where your clutch is, and how my screen is completely black except for some lights and such
Quote from logitekg25 :downloading as we speak...trying in the morning, got my profiler all set up, with my new studio 9 6gb, with my nvidia geforce gt 220

EDIT: as soon as i pressed extract, it started to crash a little, this is going to be great

EDIT2: this is taking sooo long...finally done. automatically checked off, run need for speed shift, view readme, quickly install auto-fail *unchecks*

EDIT3: wow i finaly finished installing, and vista manages to lose the 1.1 gb file and makes me re-install :gnasher:

EDIT4: ok i got it to work, and am dissapointed at the lack of an option to choose where your clutch is, and how my screen is completely black except for some lights and such

Looking at your lfs screenshots, you did not really think nfs would run on your pc?

So I downloadet the Demo yesterday. I played it with gamepad and i have to say it felt like sh*t . Dunno how many guys here play the game with gamepad but IMO it was nearly inpossible to keep the car on track without steering help.. Also the game was quite Laggy, doesn´t matter which resolution or graphics settings you use

I think when they would fix the steering lag (or just make the feeling to the car more sensitive) and the graphic issues it would be a much better game, maybe one of the best NFS´s so far.
Anyone actually played the console versions?

Seems the PC versions are a bit crappy.

Also, does anyone know when the PS3 demo is out?
"Played" demo for one hour, 50 minutes spent in options menu, 10 on track. really unpleasant result of this "revolution"...

Btw. someone @ VirtualR made a nice typo:
"A title that comes with an extensive single player career mode relays a lot on the AI to make it a pleasant experience, sadly Shit fails completely in this department."
The AI are challenging but out right rude, the challenge of the game comes from navigating the traffic (with sometimes huge straightline speed difference) and recovering the car when you have an inevitable crash.
NFS Shift - bug workarounds and comments
Bug workarounds - EA forums has this information, but it's scattered about in the technical thread. Here's a summary:

Some of the muscle cars will not move if you're last tune was done with advanced tuning. Regardless of which car you tune, the choice of quick or advanced tuning affects all cars. The workaround is to go to "my cars", then tuning, then switch to quick tuning. I'm not sure if you have to actually change anything. If you do need to change something, I recommend buying a spare car and use that for quick tuning fix.

Second bug - once you tune any car using quick tune, it affects all your other cars, so once you get past an event where a muscle car wasn't moving, then you have switch back to advanced tuning, here it's easy to move a slider then move it back without affecting anything.

Third bug - some of the advanced tuning stuff won't take. The one that I've found so far is if you change any gear to max speed (far right), it won't stay that way, it will revert back one setting.

Fourth bug - Sometimes your tuning settings won't go into affect until after you restart a race.

Bouncing bug - somewhat cured by tuning: I set both fast rebound rates to max stiff (fixes bouncing on some cars like works Camaro SS).

Better grip - (not a bug, but might as well include it here): For tuning in general, I set tire pressures to 30psi, or maybe 29psi (note the Zonda R defaults to about 27psi). I haven't tried to optimize this.
I got the game running better, but it still gets extremely laggy.. Does anyone know how I can get it to run better?? Im sure my PC should be able to run it fine..
turn off Vsync?
Comments - Each car in NFS Shift essentially has it's own set of physics, so you can't really judge the game until you've tried a few cars. Only some of the cars can be upgraded to "factory works" cars, which removes the nitrous, and my guess is that these "works" cars will probably be the most realistic ones in the game.

If you do the invitational events as they get unlocked, and get all the "stars" for each event, tier 4 and the "works" cars will get unlocked before you complete all tier 1 events. You'll be able to start tier 2 with a "works" car.

I made a dual view video with the Zonda R (untuned) at Willow Springs:
http://rcgldr.net/nfss/nswszrd.wmv

I also made a pair of youtube videos, (same lap):

In car view with intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL7xKsSiZsM&fmt=22

Chase view:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgWZLsLfoIk&fmt=22

I was also able to run sub 1:13 laps at Willow Springs with the "works" Z06, with minor tuning, reducing tire pressure to 30psi was enough (Zonda default to about 27psi, didn't try that with Z06), and geared the Z06 for about 170mph. So the "works" Z06 and the Zonda R are about the same at some tracks. I'm still plowing my way through career mode, so I haven't done much testing with the cars.

The oversteer of the cars is visually exaggerated, but it does give a sense of what the rear end of the car is doing, and it looks cool. The in car steering wheel doesn't match your controller inputs, but it doesn't seem to affect the car, so it's best to ignore it.

Even with all assists off, NFS Shift make control inputs less sensitve than typical sim-oriented games. If there's an analogy to be made, then the difference from GTR2 to GTR Evolution, is about the same as the difference from GTR Evolution to NFS Shift. Turn too much and the car will understeer, but not by much. You can spin the cars with too much throttle, but again, most "works" cars aren't that throttle sensitive (some of the stage upgraded cars are traction limited (too much power, not enough grip)).

Even in iRacing, some cars like the Radical are relatively easy to drive. You can use lift throttle oversteer, countered with induced understeer (steering inwards too much) to control the car while drifting like GPL. In this video of the Radical at Silverstone, I use this to drift from apex to apex during the right left right sequence about 1/3rd into the lap and again in the left just before the final right hand hairpin.

http://rcgldr.net/ir/irssrad.wmv
Quote from JJ72 :turn off Vsync?

I dont have that on , Im pretty happy with how it is now though, its playable atleast , Just got an S2000, Only thing i dont like about this game is the bodykits, Id prefer mix and match lol

Edit- Turns out I did, As I deleted the graphics config it reset my graphics... Hopefully I get smoother gameplay now :P, thanks
This game gets better and better... and even more annoying at the same time.

I just found out how Nitrous works in this game. No flames and crazy speed, but it feels like you are being pulled forward and the rev just go up a bit quicker. That came in handy when racing a R34 in a Focus ST online. Hit the square button to unleash the Nitrous. I'd be like 'Duratec just kicked in, y0!'

Now for the annoying part. There is a weird bug when your car appears invisible online. I never knew you could drive ghost cars.

Also When you put a Turbo in a tC, your ears get raped. gear 1, BRRRRR, gear 2, BRRRRRRRR, and so on. The rev counter keep on going to the red line within a split second. To get rid of it, I had to loose 40bhp.

Anyway, those are minor probs. The game is still great fun!
Some pics of my AE86 , Fixed my FPS abit lol, I do 80+FPS on Nordschleife..

Might put AA to x4..
Attached images
NFSSHIFT1.jpg
NFSSHIFT2.jpg
NFSSHIFT3.jpg
The game is WAY too easy.. I'm already mid-tier 4 after 2 days of playing at Hard + Pro.. Maybe 5-6 hours total! And a Murcielago LP640 with Works :/
Also, most cars feel almost the same. The biggest differences between cars are the HP/torque and RWD/FWD/AWD!
Quote from RasmusL :The game is WAY too easy.. I'm already mid-tier 4 after 2 days of playing at Hard + Pro.. Maybe 5-6 hours total! And a Murcielago LP640 with Works :/
Also, most cars feel almost the same. The biggest differences between cars are the HP/torque and RWD/FWD/AWD!

Yeah, but Im on tier 3, Im not really doing the races much.. I prefer to bomb round Nordschleife in a tuned car , and I prefer to race Time attacks.. I guess they have made the game to easy though
I don't think it's easy, cos it's so easy to screw up your race due to some noobish AI.

But then again, I always choose the lower power cars, so am often surrounded at the starts.
Quote from JJ72 :I don't think it's easy, cos it's so easy to screw up your race due to some noobish AI.

But then again, I always choose the lower power cars, so am often surrounded at the starts.

The AI is screwed up. I basically skipped all races, instead I do time attacks. Drifting is also so easy, I usually have to beat my own score by the end of the event.
I can't believe how stupid the AI is, they always crash and block you.
If you have the right cars, then yes. For some strange reason I am a magnet to Tier 1 cars. Do you really need to have a higher Tier car in the game? All I have is 1 American, Japanese and European car.

And How the Hell do you drift? I have never really done a proper drift. The only reason why I score is because I spin on the grass. Is that called drifting?
Quote from RasmusL :The AI is screwed up. I basically skipped all races, instead I do time attacks. Drifting is also so easy, I usually have to beat my own score by the end of the event.
I can't believe how stupid the AI is, they always crash and block you.

Lol, I find drifitng kinda hard on a G25 using 720 degress, I can drift pretty well but I find the car way to uncontrolable and slippery, I hope theres some modder out there who will make the drift mode's physics the same as the normal race/timeattack physics somehow , then I would enjoy the drift mode Lol
Quote from lukelfs :Lol, I find drifitng kinda hard on a G25 using 720 degress, I can drift pretty well but I find the car way to uncontrolable and slippery, I hope theres some modder out there who will make the drift mode's physics the same as the normal race/timeattack physics somehow , then I would enjoy the drift mode Lol

Just gotta be really gentle I'm on 900 degrees.
Lots of opposite lock, usually only about ½ throttle. Don't bother initiating with the handbrake, you'll probably spin. Just powerslide into it, or brake a bit.

BTW, haven't had an american car yet Just japanese for drifting and european for racing.. How it should be done
Maxed out Porsche Cayman S is crazy fast!! I slammed through tier 2 and 3 with that one car. It beats the tier 3 GT2 by far.
I only have an elise before I got a cayman, didn't max out the elise (wanna keep things relatively stock), but the cayman did need some handling upgrades to settle it down.
Yeah in any game where you could actually FEEL handling differences, I would keep all my cars stock or fully race tuned also. No ricing stuff
But in this game, it makes no difference. You can't really feel it. So full upgrades = fastest, but with no difference in feel.
I've found BMW M3 E92 to be one of the best handling cars I've tested so far, very fun car to toss around the corners and with upgrades it's also damn quick for a tier-2 car.
Quote from RasmusL :Just gotta be really gentle I'm on 900 degrees.

Yeah, I just tried drifting with 720 degrees, with the invitational bmw I found it really easy lol, feels so much better than using 360 degrees..

Gonna buy either a BMW E46 or Nissan S15 for drifting

I just raced some guy who was very fast lol, I had to ram him off the track to win haha

The game feels so much better with a higher degree of rotation.. and with speed steering sensitivity at 0%

Edit- On the first image, in that race the sky was black :P so I photoshopped it abit to brighten it up
Attached images
NFSSHIFT4.jpg
NFSSHIFT5.jpg
NFSSHIFT6.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG