The online racing simulator
lol well i can look at your answer in a few ways haha
Quote from trebor901 :lol well i can look at your answer in a few ways haha

Just in case you want to make fun of him his head is very large
Quote from Luke.S :Just in case you want to make fun of him his head is very large

i bet its even bigger now he's having that bought for him lol
Quote from trebor901 :i bet its even bigger now he's having that bought for him lol

yup.

Apparently he also has one of these uber gaming pc's with the best intel i7 you can get and 4 gtx 295's.

Christmas is going to be expensive this year for my relatives :P. Oh how i love being the only child on my father's side of the family
Quote from Takumi_lfs :We all know how Chris types, You dont have to make fun of him you idiot. ****ing ass, Not everyone is as perfect as you ****ing moron.

Pardon me? I know Chris has trouble with spelling and all that, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't show any effort. Before posting, he should check his post for errors, and correct those he can find. I bet most are typing errors rather than real spelling disabilities.

On-topic: I just pre-ordered it for PC
how can i get the car to behave more like a car? i haven't messed around with the settings too much but the controls are just delayed. when i turn the wheel back and forth quickly there is more input lag than what i see on a 7 yr old 42" LCD (which has a measured 45ms delay compared to a CRT monitor). at first i had throttle, brake and steering at 100%, but then i noticed it was like the compensation in LFS where there is everything or nothing for the first 3/4 of axis movement, then it goes to nothing or everything (sensitivity curves).

anyways here are some SS's and a video

first lap of my first race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USLY_YcDLBA

http://i52.photobucket.com/alb ... 2009-09-1523-45-35-45.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/alb ... 2009-09-1600-00-29-25.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/alb ... 2009-09-1600-15-12-20.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/alb ... 2009-09-1600-28-06-15.jpg
Quote :but the controls are just delayed

having the same problem...controller lag.
sucks, especially in drifting where u need the quick throttle/brake repsonse as well.

i tried around a bit but didnt find a fix for it yet...
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :having the same problem...controller lag.
sucks, especially in drifting where u need the quick throttle/brake repsonse as well.

i tried around a bit but didnt find a fix for it yet...

Tried turning Vsync off?
I went into the shops today and saw they had the game playable for anyone to play. So i thought, why not, it may be good?

While in line i was talking to the staff there, boasting about my intrest in simulation etc, and was asked if ive heard of GTR series on PC. I said well ofcourse, i have GTR2 myself. He told me they are the same creators, he claimed, and that they really hit the nail on the physics with Shift. Feeling impressed, i was excited to try it.

So i hopped on the game and gave it a try. It was on drift mode so i asked him to take off drift, and tc etc to get the best feel out of it. I played the game for about 2 minutes and figured it out. It was crap, for a game thats ment to have "simulation". Sure, if it was made for arcade, id consider buying it, but it was pathetic. The handling was dull, it took time to steer and nothing felt right what so ever, except for the view/cockpits/effects (brilliant) the physics itself was no way near spot on.

So i hung up the controller and said to him without sounded like a d*ck, yeah it was a really great game, but id perfer something like GT5P.

He told me "yeah, thats too much simulation for me. Id rather something that doesnt require you to slow down too much for the turns".

I realised i dont know why i bothered talking to him about simulation, and assuming he knew something.

Not worth the money guys!
Quote from aoun : they really hit the nail on the physics with Shift.
"...Id rather something that doesnt require you to slow down too much for the turns".

:doh: :bananadea
most gamers prefer unrealistic racing games, because "if I want to drive a real car I will just go out and drive one."
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Tried turning Vsync off?

that actually helped a bit.
still got a little bit of lag, but much much better.
thanks for that
Hm, I can't properly acces the menu. I need to press my brake pedal to not let the cursor go up all the time. And the framerate is just silly, it runs great, but with some cars its laggy like hell, and next second it's fine, it's like I set the slowmotion on and off. Also I have no feeling in the wheel, so I spin most of the time, but the rest is ok.
Quote from Bose321 :Hm, I can't properly acces the menu. I need to press my brake pedal to not let the cursor go up all the time.

looks like it doesn't fully support seperate axis then, probably you can use combined in a game like this.
Quote from JJ72 :looks like it doesn't fully support seperate axis then, probably you can use combined in a game like this.

Nope, then I have to press the clutch half, to not have the menu act weird.
ill try to take some pictures of my gt500 and ae86 after my gt500 is works
can anyone tell me about if the force feedback might be better on the PC vs ps3?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :can anyone tell me about if the force feedback might be better on the PC vs ps3?

Ofcourse, you can change it in Logitech Profiler aswell.
-
(Chrisuu01) DELETED by Chrisuu01
I've tried some settings for my G25 but none is well.>.<"!!

Anyways some pics...

If you got Shift and it is crashing at T1 of the test lap:
It happens when you brake, (for keyboard users, don't know about gamepad or wheel) and if the resolution of the game differs from the desktop's.

im having a hard time fixing it =/ and the game is poorly optimized. But drives good. Damn i think it would be better to wait and have them release an optimized version for the PC rather than a rushed port.
All this buggy PC talk is making me happy I'm getting the Xbox version.
Quote from MadCat360 :All this buggy PC talk is making me happy I'm getting the Xbox version.

Kinda makes it sound like a 50€ screenshot generator
Why did the preview videos look so real and the game doesnt
Damn, bad news. It still crashes, but only if yure not using the default video settings... so, either you play with lag, or you play with less lag an crash do desktop. Way to program EA! I think they should hire Scawen.
Can anyone help out here?

I got the PC copy, and it either freezes up or goes to a black screen (depends on Windows acc). I've tried running it at 1024x768, no luck, windowed, no luck, fullscreen, freeze/crash

EDIT: Fixed above by turning vysnc off (WTFH?), now get the CTD in test lap at Paddock Hill bug, I'll try default vid settings now.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG