The online racing simulator
I remember a thread where people were talking about the "new" MS wheel when Forza 2 was on its way. I was asking about the Force Feedback in a post, if it would be real Force Feedback. I got replies like: "Of course it's real force feedback! They advertise it like that, so it must be!" etc.

It would be nice if it's really true this time, but i have my doubts. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... just saying.
Exactly.. i really couldn't play games like GT, Forza, LFS etc. without a proper wheel..
Forza 2 (and Forza 1) is great fun with a joypad.
Quote from jibber :Forza 2 (and Forza 1) is great fun with a joypad.

Racing sims really stoped beeing fun with anything other then a wheel honestly, ever since i first tried GTR, GT4 and then LFS back in 2004, 2005.. I could play a good CMR, Porsche Unelashed or something with a pad..
I take it you've never played Forza. I can't play GT5P with a joypad for example. Can't play LFS with a joypad, etc. But Forza is great.
Yep, never played Forza.. I believe that it's great fun with a gamepad, i just have different perspective on that kind of games now, if i'm playing them then i want an immersive experience that i only have with a wheel. I will sure try it out if i find someone with a box..
Forza 2 was designed to be fun with a pad as that's the way most people play it. Some games don't work with anything other than a wheel - LFS is one of them, and I'd say that RBR is another. Games like Colin McRae and NFS are designed for pad use and trying to use a wheel for them can be a complete nightmare (like LFS is with a pad).

But Forza and GT are designed for a market where they know that everyone who buys a copy owns a pad because they come with the console. You can enhance the experience by adding wheel support, but what's the wheel attach rate? Anyone? Less than 50% would be my guess. So making that your focus is Spartan madness
About the Fanatec wheel and FF etc. I found a thread on the forza forum which kind of shows a little comparison.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/2923374.aspx

Watch the three videos, GT5P, real life and forza. Now tell me it doesn't look weird how he's controlling the wheel in Forza. Real FF and wheel control my a**.

*puts on flameproof suit*
Hard to say exactly since the Forza camera angle is totally different from the other two. Clearly a much faster track and I can't even see if the guy is drifting or racing for the most part.
Yes, valid points. I guess i'm just in a "pour more gas into the fire" mood today.
Well pack it in, Forza 2 is awesome and 3 is destined to be even better. That's all we care about
-
(batteryy) DELETED by batteryy : posted something that i want to remove
Quote from jibber :About the Fanatec wheel and FF etc. I found a thread on the forza forum which kind of shows a little comparison.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/2923374.aspx

Watch the three videos, GT5P, real life and forza. Now tell me it doesn't look weird how he's controlling the wheel in Forza. Real FF and wheel control my a**.

*puts on flameproof suit*

I dont want it to look like im a fan boy, but i guess the only reason i can think of why it looks like that is because of the low rotation he is using on Forza?
Quote from lukelfs :I dont want it to look like im a fan boy, but i guess the only reason i can think of why it looks like that is because of the low rotation he is using on Forza?

Even with low rotation, you wouldn't need to nudge the steering wheel to keep countersteering. The drifting in that video is exactly like drifting in FM2 with a wheel.

From what I've seen so far, the steering wheel support in FM3 is exactly the same to FM2. That is, the steering wheel emulates a gamepad. Only way to drift with a steering wheel in Forza, is to keep nudging the steering wheel to countersteer like with a pad. That video just confirms it all. I'm not worrying too much though as I'll still be buying FM3. A 360 wouldn't support a G25 anyway, PS3 and GT5 is for that.
Quote from Matrixi :Even with low rotation, you wouldn't need to nudge the steering wheel to keep countersteering. The drifting in that video is exactly like drifting in FM2 with a wheel.

From what I've seen so far, the steering wheel support in FM3 is exactly the same to FM2. That is, the steering wheel emulates a gamepad. Only way to drift with a steering wheel in Forza, is to keep nudging the steering wheel to countersteer like with a pad. That video just confirms it all. I'm not worrying too much though as I'll still be buying FM3. A 360 wouldn't support a G25 anyway, PS3 and GT5 is for that.

Exactly my thoughts!
mmm Yeah i guess so, Never used a wheel with forza 2, Was going to get a wheel, but now reading what u said i think theres no point
who ever sayed he NEEDS to nudge the steering wheel to keep countersteering? he is just doing it. you can also do it in lfs that way
Quote from John5200 :who ever sayed he NEEDS to nudge the steering wheel to keep countersteering? he is just doing it. you can also do it in lfs that way

Try to drift in FM2 without nudging the wheel and you'll end up spinning. Alot.

LFS wheel support is irrelevant, as LFS has a direct steering input. What you do with your steering wheel in LFS happens in 1:1 relation, in Forza it doesn't as it has a mandatory steering smoothing for the pad which isn't disabled after plugging in a wheel.
this is forza 3

they already sayed the recoded it completely

maybe (well hopefully) the fixed that
I know, I hope it's been fixed too. Sadly there are no videos to proof that yet though. It'll be a fun game with a gamepad anyhow, nothing missed even if the wheel support is unchanged.
The crash when he flipped over was weird.. It had to turn the other way round
Quote from Takumi_lfs :The crash when he flipped over was weird.. It had to turn the other way round

that could happen in real life like that, i have seen it happen before.
The flipping is weird, I'll grant you that.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG