The online racing simulator
Quote from Crady :Hmm... is the lapper PB.txt in UTF8?

Well, in fact if I understand it correctly, Lapper data (PB.txt) are saved in default codepage of the system where it is running, which can really be anything. In Airio there's UTF-8 directly specified. So, if I remove that specification, maybe we'll get more one-system compatible file. I believe there may be problem though moving that file to system with different codepage – reading some characters just as date/time may fail.

Quote from Framaris :Everything saved with control panel on 500servers will be saved in ANSI.

Yes, everyone please be careful if you're using special characters in any of Airio files (MSG, CFG, SRV). After editing using the TC panel these characters will not be recognized correctly. Best way is to edit the files externaly and upload them to 500 (or storm) servers, then apply changes by !rld.
Quote from EQ Worry :Well, I still do not know what problem you have with displaying exported PB.txt (Lapper) data. Wrong characters displayed? No data read? See http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8#BOM to read what is BOM, it is standard identifying part of UTF-8 encoded files. Does anyone else have problems reading exported PB.txt file? If not, maybe try adapting your PHP script to read UTF-8 file and not (probably) binary data.

I can`t do anything in PHP, this a bug of PHP (php doesn't ignore the utf-8 BOM) and last answer to this question: "This will come with Unicode support in PHP 6.0". P.S. I use PHP 5.2.6, OS Windows 2008 server. If somebody knows how to solve this problem, please, let to me know how.
Checks Pit Lines
Hi guys,
First thakyou for a this program!!! Its great!

I have problems with the CheckPits...
In my Airio.srv.1.txt file I have:
CheckPitExit=true
PitExitPenalty=dt
CheckPitEntry=true
PitEntryPenalty=dt

And in my Airio.tcd.txt file:
PitEntryNode=403
PitExitNode=579

Those Nodes for the KY2 track for example...

When I cut the exit pitline, Airio show the message:
Do not ignore pit exit lines...
But, not apply penalty...
And when I cut the entry pitline, Airio not show nothing... I wait to complete the pit, but not show nothing...

Why???

Thanks!
Messages about utf-8 BOM are not actual any more. I have solved a problem. (A new script).
Thanks to all. please close topic! ...joke lol
Quote from Dissector :I can`t do anything in PHP...

I asked a PHP expert how he's reading Airio UTF files and if I understood correctly it goes like this: Read lines from start of the file, ignore all empty ones, consider as line 1 the one actually containing some data. In case of PB.txt the first non-empty line would contain USERNAME... This line may be compared to some fixed value in script making sure the file is of correct version, etc.

Quote from Dissector :Messages about utf-8 BOM are not actual any more. I have solved a problem. (A new script).

Ha! Good!

Quote from danbbt :Hi guys, First thakyou for a this program!!! Its great! I have problems with the CheckPits...

Hi! Good! 1) Penalties are applied only in race; after race, in practice or during qualification they are of no value, so only warning is shown. 2) The settings used look good, I'll use the values for some checks to see why there's no pit entry penalty applied (or at least warning displayed). It could have several reasons (bug, incorrect value).
Thanks! Its work!

But in KY2, if you race near pitline without cut it, AIRIO apply penalty... :S

I try in other tracks!

Thankyou!
Quote from EQ Worry :This is a thing that I discovered only recently and corrected in the latest 2.2.7 compile. The error means (probably) you're trying to handle strings larger than 256 bytes/characters. Make sure you're not using such extensive text in config files for now (and when possible, update to the latest 2.2.7). But it is strange the error appeared suddenly, if you did not make any config changes...

I´m sorry but here´s another "Index-bug" ...this time under a different line:

Quote :09.08.29 13:04:01 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 236
09.08.29 13:04:03 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 236
09.08.29 13:04:04 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 236
09.08.29 13:04:05 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 235
09.08.29 13:04:06 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 83
09.08.29 13:04:10 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 72
09.08.29 13:04:14 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 73
09.08.29 13:04:21 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 65
09.08.29 13:04:23 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 67
09.08.29 13:04:24 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 68
09.08.29 13:04:24 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 69
09.08.29 13:04:25 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 71
09.08.29 13:04:26 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 72
09.08.29 13:04:26 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 73
09.08.29 13:04:27 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 75
09.08.29 13:04:27 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 76
09.08.29 13:04:27 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 77
09.08.29 13:04:28 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 79
09.08.29 13:04:28 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 80
09.08.29 13:04:28 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 81
09.08.29 13:04:29 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 83
09.08.29 13:04:29 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 84
09.08.29 13:04:31 #1 C52P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 210
09.08.29 13:04:32 #1 C52P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 80
09.08.29 13:04:34 #1 C40P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 85
09.08.29 13:04:35 #1 AIRIO ERROR: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.ButtonClick_Handler(Connection sender, ButtonClick b) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Buttons.cs:line 331

..was some driver from thailand, fiddling with the buttons. I guess he used msg.en..

Cfg´s wasn´t touched or reloaded at this moment, just normal server business

Edit:

Same line, same "Clicked ID":

Quote :
09.08.29 15:00:54 #1 C37P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 210
09.08.29 15:00:56 #1 C37P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 84
09.08.29 15:01:49 #1 C37P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 236
09.08.29 15:01:53 #1 C37P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 236
09.08.29 15:01:54 #1 C37P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 235
09.08.29 15:01:55 #1 C37P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 235
09.08.29 15:01:57 #1 C37P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 235
09.08.29 15:01:58 #1 C37P00 DEBUG : ButtonClick - Clicked ID : 85
09.08.29 15:01:58 #1 AIRIO ERROR: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.ButtonClick_Handler(Connection sender, ButtonClick b) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Buttons.cs:line 331

What you said before E.G

09.08.29 13:04:35 #1 AIRIO ERROR: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.ButtonClick_Handler (Connection sender, ButtonClick b) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Buttons.cs:line 331

Theres one track it dont use that happens to me so dont even use Au1 or AU2 or any of those
There have been a couple times that I've been spectated for lagging when I don't think I was. It says "you are lagging.." so I watch the bars in the lower left. Mine is not going into the red, it is acting completely normal, bouncing up and down like usual, then I get spectated. I don't really understand this, as it doesn't seem like I'm lagging according to the lag/packet bars, but I get spectated anyway. EQ Worry, any explanation? How exactly does the lag checking work?

Also I would like to suggest that you change the message from "Spectated/kicked for repeated joining" to "Spectated/kicked for joining on last lap" when that is actually the case.
Quote :Also I would like to suggest that you change the message from "Spectated/kicked for repeated joining" to "Spectated/kicked for joining on last lap" when that is actually the case.

This could easily be done by editing the MSG file.

However...

I have a suggestion I - and I guess some others organizing events - would like to have:

We are running more than one server. If we want to drive an event on one of our servers I don´t want to make it private - Others should be able to watch the event.

So atm I add all signed racers as Limad0 and lock the server to have a PB equal the WR to be able to drive.

That works, but the Limad0 level goes to all servers - not just the event server... I don´t like having 30 Limads on all servers for 2 weeks of training...

So I would like the be able to add VIP drivers to the SRV file which can be different each server. Somethig like VIPName=EQWorry... Only guys listed here - and Limads/Admins of course are allowed to drive here - others only can watch.

VIPs also should be allowed to wear every name and skin they want.
Quote from danbbt :... in my Airio.tcd.txt file:
PitEntryNode=403
PitExitNode=579

But in KY2, if you race near pitline without cut it, AIRIO apply penalty... :S

The last node where you can leave track when going to pits and the first node where you can join track when leaving the pits are fully configurable. Default Airio TCD file does not contain these definitions – they depend on what you need on individual tracks.

I was doing some tests for KY2 without layout and I believe the following settings are applicable if you consider only the wide white lines (the yellow lines are longer and maybe too restrictive, esp. on pit entry). These settings worked OK for me, both for pitlane entry and exit:
PitEntryNode=428
PitExitNode=574

To setup your own pit entry/exit nodes use these steps: 1) Set OffPath in TCD file to 0 (zero!). Apply the change by !rld. 2) Turn on All Messages for yourself or at least Path check (in personal preferences). 3) Drive slowly from pitlane as close to race path as possible without cutting pitlines. 4) When you see "On the race path", stop, type !node and define the number as PitExitNode under appropriate track in TCD file. 5) Drive slowly on the race path leaving it for the pitlane at the last possible moment. 6) When you see "Off the race path", stop, type !node and define the number as PitEntryNode under appropriate track in TCD file. 7) Try some real pit entry/exit to see if the warnings (always) and penalties (only in race) work correctly.

Quote from VoiD :I´m sorry but here´s another "Index-bug" ...this time under a different line ... was some driver from thailand, fiddling with the buttons. I guess he used msg.en.

Yes, I know sometimes a button click results in a strange error, that's why there are the DEBUG messages. To say the truth I do not know how is a "bad" click possible. But nevermind, I just added index check at appropriate place, so that inexistent button clicks are ignored.

Quote from pik_d :There have been a couple times that I've been spectated for lagging when I don't think I was. It says "you are lagging.." so I watch the bars in the lower left. Mine is not going into the red, it is acting completely normal, bouncing up and down like usual, then I get spectated. I don't really understand this, as it doesn't seem like I'm lagging according to the lag/packet bars, but I get spectated anyway. EQ Worry, any explanation? How exactly does the lag checking work?

First, I really do not know what exactly the little bars show. Obviously they all go to red when someone is timing out. When you yourself are timing out, just one bar goes up. With sufficient height (equal to about 10 seconds) someone times out. However many times the bars were pumping OK, I saw all cars around me and suddenly I timed out or lost connection.

Second, the lagging check is very objective, it depends on car state reported by the server. LFS server reports missing car position packets. If you see "You are lagging" message, it really means the server doesn't know your position for quite a long time (say for 1 s or more). Server doesn't know the position, so other people cannot see you correctly, your car is just moving in the last known direction with last know speed in the Remote. I believe the lagging check uses the most reliable data available.

Quote from pik_d :Also I would like to suggest that you change the message from "Spectated/kicked for repeated joining" to "Spectated/kicked for joining on last lap" when that is actually the case.

The correct text should be a very generic "Spectated/kicked for bad joining". This has been changed long time ago when some other joining checks were added to repeated joining. The problem is FM people are using very old MSG.EN file which takes precedence over what is hard-coded into Airio (to support text customization and localization). But I also noticed this obsolete message and consider it misleading, so I'll ask Fail to change at least this one (or simply use the latest EN file).

Quote from Crady :We are running more than one server. If we want to drive an event on one of our servers I don´t want to make it private - Others should be able to watch the event.

Ha! I beat you by several hours! Check yesterday's the Airio log and see if that's what you needed.

Quote from Crady :VIPs also should be allowed to wear every name and skin they want.

Hm, this is not yet implemented, but very easy to add into prepared Airio 2.3.4. I guess RName (formerly RegisteredUsers) items could be used for this? Do you agree? If someone is registered (for an event or as someone special) he really can have any nickname and skinname – if he misuses the options, you can just remove him from RName list...
lol... I already guessed you are working on something "special"

Well to make it usefull for everyone I would say to create some config items in the SRV file for allowed actions the RNames can do - like it is in the CFG for Limads...
Quote from EQ Worry :The option should be to remove from server all layouts that are not used.

sorry for the delay, but i've been busy and i haven't tested it... but someone else did for me, and that seems to work... good enough for me.
any thoughts of what this means- Is this a airio problem
Attached images
Problem.jpg
Looks like it's a php problem, a script somewhere doesn't have enough memory to execute something, have a look in your php error log.
Yes, the (partial) text you see is returned by a PHP script, it is some error probably on the PHP side. Check what external scripts you're using...
Ok I think its filled up because I cant get stats back on the php website side

Thanks
Quote from z-ro 8 :Seventh and eight paragraph of this file>>>>> Airio.srv.txt <<<<<< for large text in middle of screen
third paragraph for text in chat line

below is an example on my server....

Thanks my friend! exactly what i needed!

Quote from EQ Worry :
As Zero already pointed out, you have 3 options to display something to every new connection, all defined in appropriate SRV file: Chat lines, small buttons (up to 30 with left, center, right aligned text), big buttons (max 5, always center aligned).

Examples:

UsersMotd=^1This is 1st chat line shown to everyone on connect
UsersMotd=+^7This is 2nd line, etc.

ButtnMotd=|^2First small button, text center-aligned
ButtnMotd=+<^4Second small button, text left-aligned
ButtnMotd=+>^6Third small button, text right-aligned

ConnectBtn=^1Welcome, first big button
ConnectBtn=+^3Take care or be banned
ConnectBtn=+^4Third big button...

All updates can be applied by !rld, you can check big buttons display by !conn, small buttons by !conns. I could also mention you may create several language versions of all messages (displayed in language chosen by the driver in preferences) and also use {NickName} parameter to be replaced by connecting player's nickname, but all this only in newer Airio version.

Perfect! Thanks for your help!
Dreaming... and submiting ideas.
Hi EQ Worry,

first, let me thank you for all the work you do for the LFS cummunity...
I use your great add on for my servers and like to test it.

Not that they are really used (my servers), but anything new for LFS is fun to have and test.

One thing I wander if you will implement one day is a way to update more easily from one version to another, like passing from version 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 by a simple click over a nice GUI.

I found some tools like Beyond compare to help me put my server configs from old to new files everytime I update AIRIO but even with that it's hard and long to proceed... before I found those tool it was taking me hours to do an update.

So I wander if it's really hard for you (or somebody else who would like to help) to make this kind of change...

Some kind of GUI that download the new files when we press the update buton, our old files data is automaticly transfered in new files then a text editor (kind of) open and show in color the new features where we may add some informations. like for the new parameters comming in 2.3.4

Yea, I'm dreaming.. but this is kind of stuff that could make huge difference for all the one that are code-writing disfonctionals.

We would also probably see more FULL servers online as for now lots of the guys with $$$ just dont know how to make your great stuff work altogether.

And while I'm dreaming about improvements, what about having that GUI starting the dedicated servers !?!
Something a bit like the good DediGUI New Generation of Holger Reitner was before it came obsolete with LFS Z_patch (FBM sadly not included in the GUI choices).

One single GUI for everything... Haaaaaa, the sky is so blue in my world ! hehehe

BTW, is donation cumulative for your soft ?
I mean, if I give a total of 50 Euro over 2 or 3 donation, do I get a full licence when 50 is reached ? Because for now i'm not sure my GF will approve a one shot FULL donation for a server that only have one or two unknowns visitors a day !!!

Keep up the good work and OF COURSE, I'd like more to get server improvement over a GUI, but if you ever run short on ideas... that might be something to spend free time on.

Zalex, proud owner of two AIRIO test servers (RS1 Demo and RS2 Race).
Hi!

I got experience with gaming servers, but I am a noob at LFS Server. http://www.lfscr.com/server/

I cant get it to show the stats online and I need help

I keep getting an error INVALID URI on the airio console.

Can someone give me a hint.

I placed the FTP where it should go and everything looks ok.

Dont know where to start fixing this.

Thanks
Hello,
I wanted to ask how can I change the time limit for the AIRIO? For example, it keeps saying that you need to drive some time to get into the Top, but when you put restrictions or use layouts it's sometimes impossible to drive it in that exact time. So I wanted to change it, so that it would be possible to make it in top even when the cars have the intake restrictions etc.

I hope you understood what I meant.
Maybe it was answered in previous pages, but there were so many to read, that I didn't bother.

EDIT: 666th post. :P
Quote from andRo. :Hello,
I wanted to ask how can I change the time limit for the AIRIO? For example, it keeps saying that you need to drive some time to get into the Top, but when you put restrictions or use layouts it's sometimes impossible to drive it in that exact time. So I wanted to change it, so that it would be possible to make it in top even when the cars have the intake restrictions etc.

I hope you understood what I meant.
Maybe it was answered in previous pages, but there were so many to read, that I didn't bother.

this might be what you're looking for:

# General good/great time reporting
GoodTimesRel=200,100,50

but if you want to adjust it for intake restriction, you would want to use this instead:

Track=
Car=UFB
TimeAdjustment=1900

Whats error INVALID URI????? PLZZZZ!
Quote from dampez :Whats error INVALID URI????? PLZZZZ!

instead of acting like an annoying 12 year old, why don't you wait for someone to reply? i don't know the answer, but EQ will...
Thanks, bunder. The second one was the right one, that I needed.

EDIT: Tried it and it worked, thanks.

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG