The online racing simulator
had a question for you, but i put it in the wrong thread earlier... :doh:

is it possible to disable the !rep command by cfg?

thanks
Quote from bunder9999 :is it possible to disable the !rep command by cfg?

Hm, no currently this is not possible, it is always available. I plan to add admin options allowing to set some user commands availability and also default/available personal settings for (new) drivers, so hopefully I will not forget to include the !rep command there...
Ohoh... once I start thinking...

Well another suggesting came up for me:

We often change our combos since all members have Admin rights on our servers.

But this means that Airio should be adjusted in some points to a new combo....

The !cfg command does it temporary until a !rld or !aini was given. Do you see a chance to create a commend to permanent change the config? Best of course would be that olny let´s say limad5 can do it... I meand although I am an Admin I cannot change the config permanent if I am no limad5...

It is quite complicated to change the Airio config because only one - or two members of our team have access to the 500servers control panel.
Hello,

I am having some problem with outputting in a pb.txt file.
airio is changing some letter to a question mark.

For exmple:

Normal = Airio
99 R.Kööts = 99 R.K??ts
32 B.Über = 32 B.?ber

Is there anyway how i can build around this.

Greats,

Reint Jan
Quote from Crady :The !cfg command does it temporary until a !rld or !aini was given. Do you see a chance to create a commend to permanent change the config? Best of course would be that olny let´s say limad5 can do it... I meand although I am an Admin I cannot change the config permanent if I am no limad5...

Well, updating configs directly from Airio using a super-admin rights would certainly be cool but it will also require some serious code updates. I'll see if something reasonably simple can be done.

Also such operation are always dangerous, having only one member taking care of config files has its advantages. He'll understand all the items and know the potential dangers.

In my experience after a while you'll have configs that are 95 or even more percent permanet, no changes necessary. And the few items that might need changes may be entered/prepared using !cfg or !si commands.

And it is great to always have the option to return to default functional config by !rld. If like 10 people have the power to change default config and someone does something wrong it might be pretty complicated to discover the cause of troubles, having lost previous working defaults.

Quote from hotmail :I am having some problem with outputting in a pb.txt file. airio is changing some letter to a question mark.

Ah, yes, sorry about that. Handling LFS strings is still a nightmare. LFS Lapper file is now output as ASCII, but unfortunately this destroys all non-standard chars with code > 127. Well, the other option is to output the PB.txt file as UTF, but I'm afraid you'll hit some other troubles trying to display such characters on Web pages.

Currently I cannot offer a perfect solution. But ASCII output is simply wrong. Please try to download 2.2.4 (again if you did that just yesterday), there's UTF export implemented. See if it works better for you and let me know...
Quote from EQ Worry :\

Ah, yes, sorry about that. Handling LFS strings is still a nightmare. LFS Lapper file is now output as ASCII, but unfortunately this destroys all non-standard chars with code > 127. Well, the other option is to output the PB.txt file as UTF, but I'm afraid you'll hit some other troubles trying to display such characters on Web pages.

Currently I cannot offer a perfect solution. But ASCII output is simply wrong. Please try to download 2.2.4 (again if you did that just yesterday), there's UTF export implemented. See if it works better for you and let me know...

i am running that one , where can i setup that i want to use UTF export ?

(i think i can handle utf, i got a decoder for that, before i put it into a database
Quote from hotmail :i am running that one , where can i setup that i want to use UTF export ?

Download it again please, it has been updated a bit, the export to PB.txt is always UTF now (as you may check e.g. in Notepad). Just overwrite EXE and PDF files with the ones from newest archive, run it, try !exp, etc...
Quote from EQ Worry :Download it again please, it has been updated a bit, the export to PB.txt is always UTF now (as you may check e.g. in Notepad). Just overwrite EXE and PDF files with the ones from newest archive, run it, try !exp, etc...

Cool , Thanks for your help
Quote from hotmail :Cool , Thanks for your help

You're welcome. I just hope this change will not break other peoples' scripts. But as the export to ASCII is plainly wrong because strange chars are simply lost and replaced by ?, change to UFT should not be for the worse. Airio STA files are in UTF and all strange chars are internally managed (written and read) correctly.
Hi EQ Worry!

Could you please shortly explain how the safety (rate(s)) work? I have no Idea what I should do with it...

Another suggestion:

I really like the Idea of the !admin (!ad) command... but we don´t use IRC... Would it somehow be possible to use MSN instead? - I guess no...
Or would it be possible to send an E-Mail? - Could work: enter SMTP and a list of E-Mail addresses....
Or best would be to send a message to an Admin (or LIMADs since a level 3) who races on an other server... I dunno if it is possible to reach someone racing on a server somewhere else... but if a Admin or Limad3 is online on one of the by Ario managed servers it should be possible...

Last suggestion:

RestartBtn and QualifyBtn are both showing up for 10 sek. ... Well for the RacestartBtn it is too long... Could you shorten this time or just create it adjustable?
Quote from Crady :Could you please shortly explain how the safety (rate(s)) work? I have no Idea what I should do with it...

The system tries to assess drivers' ability to drive in a clean fashion as a percentage between 100 (best driver) to 0 (worst). The rating raises a bit on every finished lap and finished race, goes down a bit with each yellow flag caused in race and bad language. These items have configurable weights. Weight of 0 means no change to the rating, positive weights raise the rating, negative lower it.

If a driver has currently rating level of 50 percent, then a rating event with weight of 100 raises the rating by 1 percent of the current rating, that is to 50.50. But the higher the rating, the less is added (making 100 percent impossible to reach). If someone has rating of 75 percent, then an event with weight of 100 raises the rating only to 75.25 while e.g. yellow flag will lower it to 74.25.

The same is true for the opposite side of the rating spectrum. Zero percent is impossible to reach and the lower your rating the less important yellow flags are and the easier it is to climb back. Overall, I think the default values function pretty well. Reasonable drivers would climb up from 50 percent to around 70. Going up from there to 80 or even 90 percent is not easy, gains accumulated over several laps and finished races may be lost by one bad accident.

And yup, I know simply counting yellow flags in races is not always just because you cause yellow flag even when the crash is not your fault. The point is it is a reliable indication over time, when people have several hundreds of rating events (shown in []). It is also possible to evade yellow flags e.g. by fast spectating/pitting when crash is inevitable, which could help keep the track clean.

Quote from Crady :I really like the Idea of the !admin (!ad) command... but we don´t use IRC... Would it somehow be possible to use MSN instead? - I guess no... Or would it be possible to send an E-Mail? - Could work: enter SMTP and a list of E-Mail addresses....

Well, with IRC I use external DLL library. If such exists for MSN, it could be supported too. I guess e-mail support would be easier to add, but you'd risk being flooded with help requests several hours or days old.

Quote from Crady :Or best would be to send a message to an Admin (or LIMADs since a level 3) who races on an other server... I dunno if it is possible to reach someone racing on a server somewhere else... but if a Admin or Limad3 is online on one of the by Ario managed servers it should be possible...

Indeed admins on other connected servers managed by one instance may be reached rather easily. I'll try to think of some framework to make this possible.

Quote from Crady :RestartBtn and QualifyBtn are both showing up for 10 sek. ... Well for the RacestartBtn it is too long... Could you shorten this time or just create it adjustable?

I added a ButtonShowTime item into SRV file allowing to define the time. But now I think I may remove it and come with a better solution. See below:

The problem is races with low number of drivers are started rather fast. The default value of 10 seconds fits there, but it is tight. Races with 30 drivers take much longer to start, I guess it is a matter of synchronizing many LFS instances. In such cases 15 seconds could be used easily. So I even think about making the value dynamic, something between 5 and 15 seconds depending on number of cars on start. I guess that would be better than having a fixed value...

[EDIT] I did that dynamic display thing. Base value is 6 seconds, raised by one second for every 4 drivers on the start grid, reaching max. 9 seconds in demo configs and 14 seconds in S2 full grid...
Great Great Great!...

Quote :I guess e-mail support would be easier to add, but you'd risk being flooded with help requests several hours or days old.

You are right... this would cause too much spam.

Well if there is a MSN library: Great!

Else contacting an Admin (or at least a limad) on an other by one instance controlled server would be nice.

btw... inst´t it possible to send a message to a racer, no matter where he is online? I think I have seen something like that in LFSworld somewhere... But I may be mistaken.
Err.... I discovered some texts that are not translated in the language files yet like: Acceleration Data, Support Points e.g.

There are only language files with the version 18f online. Does that mean, they are for Airio V1.8 ? Well we are now at 2.2.4... so could you please upload an updated English language file so that the remaining language files could be updated too?

Or better just upload the changed texts since the last version and after translating them we just can copy them into our existing language files...
Quote from Crady :Well if there is a MSN library: Great!

There is in fact, and very up-to-date. But its use would require some studying of the example code, experimentation, corrections, etc. So, MSN support may be added one day, but I'm afraid that day is quite far in the future (months).

Quote from Crady :Else connecting an Admin (or at least a limad) on an other by one instance controlled server would be nice.

You mean notifying? He must connect himself. Some chat (and messages) can be in fact redirected/sent between connected servers, but it would be rather for fun that for some useful aim. Still, allowing textual communication between servers (e.g. via private messages) is a planned feature.

Quote from Crady :btw... inst´t it possible to send a message to a racer, no matter where he is online? I think I have seen something like that in LFSworld somewhere... But I may be mistaken.

Dunno, never looked for this.

Quote from Crady :Err.... I discovered some texts that are not translated in the language files yet like: Acceleration Data, Support Points e.g.

Yup, there's quite a few untranslated messages, basically all added from 1.8 to 2.2. It is only 2 days since I compiled complete new EN messages file, checked what is generally missing and sent the new messages to all the original translators. Some already responded and confirmed they'll do the translation, some are still silent.

So, updated translations are in progress. Lets wait for a few days and see if I receive new messages. Then I'll see what is missing in individual files and I hope to gradually offer language pack for 2.2. This all of course depends on people willing to sit about 30 minutes at the computer, translating silly messages.
Quote :You mean notifying? He must connect himself. Some chat (and messages) can be in fact redirected/sent between connected servers, but it would be rather for fun that for some useful aim. Still, allowing textual communication between servers (e.g. via private messages) is a planned feature.

Yea typo... I meant "contacting"... lol

Well ok, let´s see what the future brings
Well I found a bug in the German translation:

TrackNext=Nächste Strecke rückwärts

Translated that into English would mean: Next reverse Track

I would suggest just to write: Nächste Strecke

All of you using a German language file can correct this with a normal editor.
i just got my LFS server and running Airio, server had 2.1.3 on it and RaceSIM kindly updated it to 2.2.4, but only replaced the Airio.exe and the Airio.pdb files which i asked them to do in support ticket, but i can't get the !rc messages in colour.....can anyone please explain how to do this....i've seen the messages on airattack server in red at start of race warning drivers to take it easy at T1. I have typed !rc ^1TEST,
but when i type !rc 10 for message to show it shows as ^1TEST in white colour.....but in LFS clours ^1 should be red.
All help appreciated.

Nighthawk.
The solution is simple: When defining the message using first !rc text command define colors exactly as you'd do it in your nickname or other text - that means press Ctrl, select color, type text. The message will be remembered including colors and e.g. !rc 10 will display it to everyone for 10 seconds, including used colors...

If you just started your server, I'd suggest you delete all old config files, everything except EXE and PDB (and CON). Then copy into Airio directory new config files and start making configuration in those. With such major update as in your case his would be much better. You'll have all latest items available and up-to-date config files.
Hi EQ Worry, thanks for the help with colours it's appreciated......as for your second piece of advice....lol, have you been reading my mind......as that was exactly what i did.....deleted all old files except Airio.exe and pdb files and uploaded the newer files from 2.2.4.

Thanks again.....Nighthawk.
hey eq, i wanted to bounce something off you...

Quote :09.05.22 19:32:03 Warning : Global stats not received...
09.05.22 19:33:03 Warning : Global stats not received...

i get this message a lot... what's it mean and how can i fix it?

thanks
Looks like you haven't put your lfs pubstat id into airio.cfg.txt file
that might be it... :ices_rofl

i added it, we'll see what happens.

edit: nope, it's still logging it.
Once a minute some data about your Airio instance are send as a Web request, this table is constructed from the data. Response to this info/request contains global Airio usage data (number of instances/servers and connections/drivers) that people may see in !ver command output.

The "Warning : Global stats not received..." message simply means that communication with airio.eu site was not successful, request timed out and response did not arrive within 5 seconds. There's nothing you can do about it, unfortunately my airio.eu provider has sometimes troubles, usually the situation improves in a while.

It is nothing to be worried about, just your data in the mentioned table will not be up to date or will time out (disappear) and !ver command output would also be made of old data, but that's all. As soon as the service is running again, the data will be updated.

The PubStat key is used for downloading data from LFSW and that is a very reliable service...
that could also explain the outgoing packets i occasionally see in my firewall log.

Quote :02:21:42 eth0 » eth2 TCP 192.168.0.10 42921 » 88.86.103.165 80(WWW-HTTP)

it's not blocking them, and i'm not entirely sure why it's logging them... on the other hand, i used to see the same type of log entries for lapper.

thanks
I'm not sure as well why the requests should be logged. But they are really requests to www.airio.eu. Maybe they're logged because they timed out? Or because some data were coming back? You can always check the !ver command output and if there are some global data it is clear the communication with www.airio.eu was successful.

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG