TimeAdjustment=1370

Track=AS2
Car=UFB
TimeAdjustment=1900

Track=FE2
Car=UFB
TimeAdjustment=1280

OK ?
Looks OK, but DefaultCar is also good to have defined (maybe on server level), because newly connected just type !sb and get track+UFB listing, which is correct.

One more note: To check the time adjustments are just about correct, type !good which shows good/great split/lap times. The values shown should be close to top UFB server split/lap times, not off by several seconds.
yes, i specify the default UFB car.

!good
Good/Great/Top/WR times (FE2+UFB) :
L1 : 24.49 46.66 1:19.52 (24.49 22.17 32.86)
L2 : 24.25 46.21 1:18.74 (24.25 21.95 32.53)
L3 : 24.13 45.98 1:18.35 (24.13 21.84 32.37)
WR : 24.01 45.75 1:17.96 (24.01 21.73 32.21)

!tb
Server best theoretical laps - FE2/UFB (23)
1. 1:18.54 PLZ-Sypher 23.71 22.72 32.11
2. 1:18.68 PLZ-Ulisse 23.70 22.67 32.31
3. 1:18.72 PLZ-Sklero83 23.74 22.73 32.25
4. 1:18.84 LIT mc0676 23.69 22.78 32.37
5. 1:19.17 Fasterkid 23.84 22.77 32.56
6. 1:19.43 PLZ-Bossforce 23.94 22.92 32.57
7. 1:19.61 PLZ-AleXio 24.01 22.91 32.69
8. 1:19.82 LIT DrifterK 24.37 22.88 32.57
9. 1:20.60 PLZ-Unitsas 24.88 23.00 32.72
10. 1:20.69 PLZ-FLASH 24.96 23.03 32.70

Are ok ?
Quote from michele0676 :
WR : 24.01 45.75 1:17.96 (24.01 21.73 32.21)
1. 1:18.54 PLZ-Sypher 23.71 22.72 32.11

The WR here is actualy Virtual Record, because there's no true UFB WR record available. It is time-adjusted UFR WR.

I believe the settings are OK, best UFB time on your server is a bit worse than virtual UFB WR, but not by much. If you have one day a beter time than WR, just lower a bit the TimeAdjustment value for that track.

Note in the sector times that UFB loses time in sector 2. The same as for tracks applies here: In twisty sectors UFB will lose only a bit, in straight sectors much more comparing to UFR.
I was wondering if it is possible to show your and the best reaction time at the start?
1) There's no exact indication when the green lights actualy appear.

2) Car positions including speeds (which would probably be used for the reaction time) are on server updated just 4 or 5 times per second at best, and especially at race start the lags are clearly visible.

=> On server it would be pure chance if your reaction is seen as 0.02 or 0.2 seconds.
hmm... but a list of the best acceleration 0-100kmh could be done...
Hmm... I like the idea of using custom cars!

But I did not get it right until now

If one Airio controls several servers how do I configure it to force the use of the custom car only on one server?

1.) I create the custom car like this: CustomCars=MyCar|OriginalCar,30,0
2.) I create a time Adjustment valid for all tracks:

Car=MyCar

TimeAdjustment=750

(of course there is some testing needed to get the correct value for the adjustment)

3.) force guests only to use "MyCar" on only one server... ??? HOW???

If I define it like this:
Track=
Car=OriginalCar
IntakeRestriction=30
AddedMass=0

I am not able to use the non restricted OriginalCar on the other servers, right?
You got it right, and even your deductions are very correct. A few notes:

1) "MyCar" must always have only 3 characters, just like all other LFS cars.

2) Indeed if you define a certain restriction in TCD file, it is applied to all servers. The option here is to apply the restriction only for certain tracks, if they are unique for the server where restrictions should be used.

3) The other option is not to restrict the original car, but make it a prohibited car on certain server. This is from default SRV file:

# Car types separated by space that cannot be used on server - string
# You may use this setting e.g. to allow only custom cars to join
# race - when you define UFB, you may restrict joins with UFR here.
ProhibitedCars=

4) You can also use the !/cars command, it is converting custom cars to standard ones and manipulating with the above config item. Say you have UFB defined as a restricted UFR. By typing !/cars UFB only UFR will be available in selection screen, but it will be restricted at the same time, alowing joins only with UFB. If both cars should be available, you type !/cars UFR+UFB.

5) Using restricted cars requires defining additional strong welcome text and similar measures, because people are usually confused, do not read any messages (saying why they were spectated), and generally do not like any restrictions.

6) Very useful is the !cars command (different from !/cars mentioned above), because it summarizes all defined custom cars and car categories.

Hope this helps.
On another note: Airio 2.3.1 is released.
  • The FREE version contains << Previous and Following >> buttons allowing easy listing through any multi-page output, such as the help system, !sb, !ptt and similar.

• The FULL version gives limads/admins Kick/Ban/Act buttons in !players and !recent lists, making all the management actions much easier (no !ban typing is necessary now). All such actions require confirmation or some input (such as ban length or its reason). The Act button combines spectating and penalizing.

• There is also a command allowing to cancel approaching race restart/end action, handy sometimes.
Enjoy!
CFG TCD and SRV files of 2.2.9 are 100% compatible with 2.3.1 ?
Can i use and is this works?

CustomCars=UF-BR|UFR,45,0
CarCategories=UF-BR|UFR
CarGroups=UF-BR|UFR

I like old CTRA servers car name
Hmm... I discovered a problem and I don´t know how to solve it:

I would like to setup 2 Demo servers - one with XFG/XRG, one with restricted FBM and normal FBM.

But you should be allowed to drive the XRG only if you gained enough points with the XFG, then you should be allowed to drive the restricted FBM if you gained enough points with the XRG and finally the full FBM if you gained enough points with the restricted FBM.

So far so good... But Setting this up does not work as suggested

It only is possible to allow a car if you have a special rank - no matter how you gained it...

And as Limad4 (isAdmin) you are able to drive every car - no matter which rank you have...

Would it be possible to change the Car by rank option that way that you can specify with which car the rank/points have do be gained?

Which option do I have to turn off to disallow Admins (Level4 AND 5 if possible) to drive cars above their gained points - I would also like to stay in my rules...

Next question I have concerns this setting in the CFG file:
Quote :# Days to cycle (clear) points/data gathered from races - integers
# Relevant point data are zeroed for all players on server midnight
# in the set intervals. 0 means never.
DaysChamp=7
DaysTotal=0

What does it exactly mean? What is a champ and Total here? If I set Total to 30 all points will be cleared once a month, right? But then all racers that gained enough points to race the faster cars will have to start again, or am I wrong?
Quote from JustForFunRacing :Hmm... I discovered a problem and I don´t know how to solve it:

I would like to setup 2 Demo servers - one with XFG/XRG, one with restricted FBM and normal FBM.

But you should be allowed to drive the XRG only if you gained enough points with the XFG, then you should be allowed to drive the restricted FBM if you gained enough points with the XRG and finally the full FBM if you gained enough points with the restricted FBM.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that a feature in the full airio?
right - it is a FULL feature...

Quote :EQWorry:
About the restricted (spectating) and limited (ignoring that lap) zones: Certainly it is possible to define those for every track (or even specific track/car combinations). Drive to one end of such a zone, type !loca, read the X and Y numbers. Drive to opposite end, type it again. Calculate center and radius of the circular zone, enter it at the appropriate place in Airio.tcd.txt file.

It is just sort of manual work, but you need to make sure by experiments the zones are correctly places. By default they are included only for demo tracks because layouts (tyres, barriers) are not possible there. I have no zones for other tracks available, never needed those. But especially limited zones may be useful there, because you can cut in emergency without crashing and Airio will just ignore your lap time. They are good way to have stats free of cutting lap times...

And I have a question to the restricted / limited zones: If you enter a limited zone in a race the lap does not count. Does it mean you are one lap back then? I can´t imagine that! I think this means only the lap time will be ignored in the Airio stats. But what about LFSW then?? But gaining a position by cutting is bad too - and who cares if the laptime is ignored in the Airio stats for the case you gained some positions...

On the other hand specing for entering a restricted zone might be good on Demo servers... but at S2 servers I would suggest just to give a drive through penalty for that...

Would be nice to find an option to specify the penalty for entering a restricted zone - server separated in the SRV file
Quote from michele0676 :CFG TCD and SRV files of 2.2.9 are 100% compatible with 2.3.1 ?

Well, yes, only the 2.2.9 config files are missing some items added later. You'll find all such items mentioned in changelog, it is also good and fast to compare your present config files with the current default ones to see any differences.

Quote from Okram :Can i use and is this works?

CustomCars=UF-BR|UFR,45,0
CarCategories=UF-BR|UFR
CarGroups=UF-BR|UFR

I like old CTRA servers car name

No, that would not work. First, all custom cars must have only 3 characters, e.g. UFB, not 5 like you have. So these entries would be correct:

CustomCars=UFB|UFR,45,0
CarGroups=UFB+UFR

But groupinig UFB and UFR is strange, because this is used for approx. equal cars that may compete together, which is not the case of UFR and UFB. Same for CarCategories, they are used for grouping cars into categories usable in commands like !sb and similar, such as !sb gtr or !sb tbo.

Quote from JustForFunRacing :I would like to setup 2 Demo servers - one with XFG/XRG, one with restricted FBM and normal FBM. But you should be allowed to drive the XRG only if you gained enough points with the XFG, then you should be allowed to drive the restricted FBM if you gained enough points with the XRG and finally the full FBM if you gained enough points with the restricted FBM.

First, limiting cars per points/ranks is really a FULL version feature. Second, you're right under one Airio this scheme is not currently possible, because rank is derived from total points of any track/car combination. This is a known issue, I'm currently trying to come with some scheme to allow the limitation you suggest, allowing one kind of cars based on points gained in another group of cars. When it is implemented (say in one or two weeks), it will very probably still be a FULL version feature.

Quote from JustForFunRacing :And as Limad4 (isAdmin) you are able to drive every car - no matter which rank you have...

In CFG file find item AllowJoining and set it to 6. It would mean only limads of level 6 will be able to always join races, regardless of restrictions and other limits. And there are no limads level 6 in Airio, level 5 is currently maximum.

Quote from JustForFunRacing :What does it exactly mean? What is a champ and Total here? If I set Total to 30 all points will be cleared once a month, right? But then all racers that gained enough points to race the faster cars will have to start again, or am I wrong?

Points and other data (lap time, race time, drift score, podiums, later also starts/finishes, maybe also average time) for each driver and track/car combination is stored on two levels called total (which should be never erased) and champ (by default erased once a week).

Commands displaying the data always have two forms plus alternates, such as !ptt (points total, !total) and !ptc (points champ, !champ), !btl (best total lap or !laps), !bcl (best champ lap time or !lap), !btr (best total race time or !races), !bcr (best champ [last week] race time, !race), etc...

Yes, if you delete total stats, nobody will have any points, no ranks, so do not do it. If you want some time-limited competition, use the champ level, erased by !clrc command.

By setting DaysChamp=30 the champ data will be erased every 30th day, regular monthly erase is not supported this way, only scheduled commands may be used for that. But monthly erasure is best done manually, you'll also have a chance to capture the results e.g. as screen shots. Ability to export champ results before erasure is also planned, at least in some limited form.

Quote from JustForFunRacing :And I have a question to the restricted / limited zones: If you enter a limited zone in a race the lap does not count. Does it mean you are one lap back then? I can´t imagine that! I think this means only the lap time will be ignored in the Airio stats. But what about LFSW then?? But gaining a position by cutting is bad too - and who cares if the laptime is ignored in the Airio stats for the case you gained some positions...

Indeed you're not a lap back, that would not be (realistically) possible. Also Airio has no control over LFSW, I believe you'll see improvement there even if some penalty is applied for cutting. But LFSW data are not absolutely reliable anyway.

Prohibited zones are by default used only at places where cutting creates major troubles, such as on the inside of T1 on BL1, favorite crashers spot and place of many accidents. Restricted zones really only ignore that lap in Airio, they are created to have "clean" times in Airio stats, e.g. when qualifying for some event.

But you're right an option to define zones with penalties would be nice to have, maybe another independent item could be used for that in TCD file with penalties defined on SRV level...
Quote :In CFG file find item AllowJoining and set it to 6. It would mean only limads of level 6 will be able to always join races, regardless of restrictions and other limits. And there are no limads level 6 in Airio, level 5 is currently maximum.

Thanks for the answer. Well but this would mean that Admins cannot drive on a PB locked server too... I need to think about that...
Quote from JustForFunRacing :Thanks for the answer. Well but this would mean that Admins cannot drive on a PB locked server too... I need to think about that...

True it is hard to satisfy every need, but maybe the AllowJoining item is too general and should be split into two, one for applying required ranks-licences, one for other limits like time lock or limited joining. I guess car restrictions should be always applied, without questions.
Swearfilter
We discovered some minor problems with the swearfilter:

for example:

Curse=arsch (german word for ass, arse)

Quote :
driver xyz : ... war schön so ganz allein
driver xyz - KICK - Cursing : arsch
driver xyz : KICKED FOR BAD LANGUAGE

"war schön so ganz allein" means "driving alone was nice".

At the moment we bypass this with
Excep=war schön
Excep=war schon

Same problem with Curse=con (french insult)
Players will be kicked vor chatting "connection", "controls", concept" or similiar words.

Would be nice if AIRIO could be a tiny bit more sensitive...

Oh, and thx alot for the new features in 2.3.1.
Quote from EQ Worry :I guess car restrictions should be always applied, without questions.

i thought that was already done, i remember being spectated for bad setup while being a limad4.
Quote from VoiD :We discovered some minor problems with the swearfilter...

Yes, the filter is a touchy matter, but as always it depends on settings. On every text first character replacements are applied, by default all spaces and punctuations are removed, but you may change that. If you leave spaces in text, no one would be warned/kicked for unlucky combination of words, but also the filter would not capture e.g. "shi t". So it is a trade-off. Basically, too short and general words like "con" cannot be defined, it is a far too common combination of letters.
Ok, no problem...

Btw: is it possible to have a "!pi"-button next to the "!ban"-button (under !recent)...?

Would be pretty handy for (lazy) limads...
Quote from VoiD :Btw: is it possible to have a "!pi"-button next to the "!ban"-button (under !recent)...? Would be pretty handy for (lazy) limads...

Oh yes, the buttons there are pretty new, containing what just came to mind as useful. Your idea sounds good as well. There will also be unban (and maybe pi) buttons beside the ban list, which was already required by other lazy limads.

Have patience though, I have now many requests for smaller or more substantial updates from several sides and also I will be offline now for several days. When I'm back I'll see what can be done, update the buttons and maybe come with other small improvements, nothing major though, as I'd like to fully debug and clean this version (and give everyone a break with constant updates).
TimeAdjustment for UFB, FX2, XR2 and FZ2
I make TimeAdjustment for UFB, FX2, XR2 and FZ2. based on CTRA best lap time and WR time in LFS. I'm not sure, is this correct. CTRA lap times from here.
There is two TimeAdjustment time.
TimeAdjustment in green: is Excel calculation
[SIZE=2]=INT(([B]CTRA seconds[/B]/[B]WR seconds[/B]-1)*10000)[/SIZE]

TimeAdjustment in red: is Excel function make my self. In race you don't drive WR times. Added some seconds.
Function tm(ctra, wr)
' (c) 2009 Okram
' Calculates TimeAdjustment for Airio, based on CTRA best laptime and WR time
' Forum link [URL]http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1211945#post1211945[/URL]
' How do use funtion?
' in cell write [B]=tm(CTRA;WR) [/B]or [B]=tm(CTRA,WR)[/B] where
' CTRA is lap time in seconds
' WR time in seconds
' [B]=tm(CTRA,WR) [/B]this in english version i think, but not sure.

' If wr time is less or 30 (sec) add ctra time +1 sec
If wr <= 30 Then
ctra = ctra + 1
answer = Int((ctra / wr - 1) * 10000)
End If
' If wr time is more than 30 (sec) and less or 60 add ctra time +1.5 sec
If wr > 30 And wr <= 60 Then
ctra = ctra + 1.5
End If
' If wr time is more than 60 (sec) and less or 90 add ctra time +2 sec
If wr > 60 And wr <= 90 Then
ctra = ctra + 2
End If
' If wr time is more than 90 (sec) and less or 120 add ctra time +2.5 sec
If wr > 90 And wr <= 120 Then
ctra = ctra + 2.5
End If
' If wr time is more than 120 (sec) and less or 150 add ctra time +3 sec
If wr > 120 And wr <= 150 Then
ctra = ctra + 3
End If
' If wr time is more than 150 (sec) and less or 180 add ctra time +3.5 sec
If wr > 150 And wr <= 180 Then
ctra = ctra + 3.5
End If
' If wr time is more than 180 (sec) add ctra time +4 sec
If wr > 180 Then
ctra = ctra + 4
End If

' get result
tm = answer
End Function

Seconds added

WR time 0-30 sec added +1 sec
WR time 31-60 sekundit added +1,5 sec
WR time 61-90 sekundit added +2 sec
WR time 91-120 sec added +2,5 sec
WR time 121-150 sec added +3 sec
WR time 151-180 sec added +3,5 sec
WR time more than 180 sec added 4 sec

Attached images
UFB_TimeAdjustment.jpg
FX2_TimeAdjustment.jpg
XR2_TimeAdjustment.jpg
FZ2_TimeAdjustment.jpg
Good work Okram !!!

EQ Worry one question for u:

If i use:
LapsPoints=0
All peoples take point ?

There is a simple "way" to use ONLY the intake restriction with Airio ?
Without Airio is impossible force the restriction, right ?

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG