The online racing simulator
Ivlo really thanks mate.
I update mono to 1.9.1 using your link and now Airio work fine.

If u pass from Italy, near Siena, call me. There is a good coffee for u.
Quote from michele0676 :Ivlo really thanks mate.
I update mono to 1.9.1 using your link and now Airio work fine.

If u pass from Italy, near Siena, call me. There is a good coffee for u.

Happy to help mate I will keep your call in my mind
A "ban" question.

If i've a txt file containing an username list, u i can use this file to make a "ban" using Airio ?

Is there some method ?

Thanks.
Well you could create a set file for your server (Airio.set.1.1.txt or example) and then you could load this file with the !si 1 command.

The set file should contain these commands:

!ban time name (e.g. !ban 10 badguy).

but perhaps EQWorry could create an extra config option in the CFG or en extra file to disallow guys to connect to the servers. It could work like configuring the limads: e.g. unwanted=badguy...
Quote from Crady :Well you could create a set file for your server (Airio.set.1.1.txt or example) and then you could load this file with the !si 1 command.

The set file should contain these commands:

!ban time name (e.g. !ban 10 badguy).

but perhaps EQWorry could create an extra config option in the CFG or en extra file to disallow guys to connect to the servers. It could work like configuring the limads: e.g. unwanted=badguy...

Thanks.
I've airio with 4 instances.
Can i create a single .set file and i lounch it from one server or i need to create 4 set files ?
In my view the question is why use some external ban file. You can ban all those usernames just once for a looong time and then backup the server BAN file and use it in case system is reinstalled.

If you really for some reason want to use an external file, you may actually create a SET file with specific !ban commands and run that file manually using the !si command.

FULL version adds two features usable in this case: 1) The !ban commands may be optionally sent to all connected servers, so that only one SET file is needed. 2) Using scheduled actions this file may be invoked in regular intervals, say once a day.

In the FREE version it is not possible to propagate !ban (and !unban) commands to all servers and also it is not possible to create one common SET file usable by all servers. Unless you're using one common LFS ban file on all servers, which is possible, you'd need to create 4 separate SET files.

A hint: The servers would use one common ban file, if they are run from the same directory, using different cfg files (LFS files, not Airio). In this arrangement all bans and unbans are common, valid immediatelly on all servers...
Quote :In my view the question is why use some external ban file. You can ban all those usernames just once for a looong time and then backup the server BAN file and use it in case system is reinstalled.

Well in my opinion Airio left the beta status long ago ans has its own good working backup system. LFS still is in alpha status... And the maximum ban time is 999 days.

I believe most Server admins are not running their servers from one directory. So you need to backup and take care of several BAN files - having Airio controlling itm it would be much easier to handle... Also as far as I know it is not possible to view or edit the BAN file.

Well I think a complete ban management by Airio (deleting names from the list when the ban time is over, saving a ban reason etc.) might be way too much!

But a kind of:

ban= licencename

would be great!

If a guy in this list wants to connect he gets a defineable message and becomes kicked after let´s say 10 sec.
Quote from michele0676 :Finally my script now is really complete.

Fantastic! Haven't tested it myself yet but I'll certainly do that. Thanks, Michele, for your work & development.
what is the command to display the rules (dumb question cant find it
Quote from jvalley201 :what is the command to display the rules (dumb question cant find it

It is not a command, people need to click on the Server Rules button in the personal preferences screen displayed by pressing Shift+i.
Airio 2.2.7 is released, again improving some older things and adding new ones.
          As always, you'll find more complete descriptions in the changelog.
          Quote from michele0676 :For me use i've done a php script that work with airio.sta.un.txt and airio.sta.cr.txt and it display in a web page the time and best time.

Did u like it ? Do u think that i need share beacuse i can help someone or not ?

- Show online time

Hi Michele, I have just got your script working on my server, all looks pretty good, the only problem I have is that my latest Airio data files are on 500 Servers at a login protected IP address: port/path, and the PHP script is on my web site (where I have MySQL) at a separate location. Is there any way to directly get to the latest files in the lines $file = "Airio.sta.cr.txt"; and $file2 = "Airio.sta.un.txt"; To test the script I just copied the files from 500 servers to my PC and then up to my web server, and I have an FTP package which I can set up to do that periodically, but I just wondered if there is any syntax I can use to go straight across to the live files from the script?
          No problem mate.
          U have to open a ticket to 500servers and ask the "direct link" of airio file.
          It's free and they provide you a link same this:

$file = "http://xx.xx.xxx.xxx/mc0676/GameServers/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Airio/Airio.sta.cr.txt";

Don't public this link in the forum beacuse u can link directly the airio.con.1.txt and this is not safety for your server.

Today how u know 500server is down, damm.
          Thanks I will ask them for the direct path.
          Just a quick note: Airio 2.2.7 has been updated a bit (one small bug fix, solving a possible issue). To use it just download the archive again and update EXE and PDB files.

Please also note there are for some time already new/updated language files available. You can update the existing language files just by extracting new MSG files into Airio folder and typing the !rld command, no Airio restart is necessary.

Especially if you choose some other language than English as the default language (assigned to new drivers and to the server itself), make sure you use the latest translations. I saw Finnish language used by default, but because obsolete and incomplete language files were used, the output did not look particularly good.
          And there is a bug!...

Well again I discovered my Airio.set.1.txt file reseted to the standard one:

pass=
          !ch on

I guess the following went wrong:

When I update Airio to a new version I extract the zip and then I copy all files and folders from the old version in to the folder of the new version - except for the Airio.exe and the Airio.pdb of course. So I do not loose any settings, PBs etc.

Now I can start the new Airio to hold the downtime rather short.

Then I open the confing files directly from the ZIP with PSPad and compare it with my current config files. So I see the new options and copy/paste them in to the current config file. If ther is something interesting to configure I do it and then I just reload the Airio settings with !rld - done

BUT...

I also copy the SET folder into the folder of the new Airio version and I have no Airio.set.1.txt in the root folder of Airio....

So I guess Airio does not see a Airio.set.1.txt in the root, creates one and copies it in to the SET folder. But here the still existing file becomes overwritten...

This is just a guess... But it would be nice if someone could test and confirm this issue.
          You're completely right, all SET, MSG, LOG, and ZIP files found in Airio root folder on start, reload, and some other actions are simply copied to appropriate subfolders, overwriting the existing files. That's usually the required and expected behavior, say in case of updating MSG files from new language pack. But you're also right sometimes this may lead to certain issues, such as with the default SET file.

Now there's the question about what can be done. The easiest solution is not to copy default SET file from the updated Airio archive. Take just EXE and PBD, and also check what's new in standard config files, that is CFG, TCD, and SRV.

Another option would be to automatically create a backup copy of files already existing in subfolders in case new files with the same name are found in root. But they really need to be copied and must take precedence over the existing files, or some other features (such as remote updating using !dld command) will cease to function.
          Ah! Then Airio only copies the Airio.set.1.txt file if it exists in the root folder?

Hmm... then I would suggest to do the following:

1.) provide the Airio ZIP with already existing SET folder which includes the Airio.set.1.txt in the standard version.

1.) Check if there is an Airio.set.1.txt in the root.

2.) If so copy to SET folder. (This is the case you are updating an rather old Version without SET folder)

3.) Check if there is a Airio.set.1.txt in the set folder.

4.) If so do nothing.

5.) else create the standard one.

Other Language MSG are not provided in the current ZIP. But if they are some time I would suggst to do the same. Just Imagine someone is running Airio with customized different languages (as I do)... You would kill the hard work of reading and editing about 400 txt lines.
          Quote from Crady :Ah! Then Airio only copies the Airio.set.1.txt file if it exists in the root folder?

Indeed.

Quote from Crady :Hmm... then I would suggest to do the following: ...

Uhm, sounds kind of complicated. But certainly something along those lines can be implemented.

Quote from Crady :Other Language MSG are not provided in the current ZIP. But if they are some time I would suggst to do the same. Just Imagine someone is running Airio with customized different languages (as I do)... You would kill the hard work of reading and editing about 400 txt lines.

Right, simply taking MSG (or SET, maybe others in the future) files from root and overwriting the existing files in subfolder is not always the expected and desired behavior. I think I'll remove the default SET file completely from the archive, I'll just leave mention about its possible use in the configuration suggestions.

But files in root must take precedence and must be moved to subfolders because of other features. The best way to ensure you'll not lose your work suddenly is, in my view, renaming the existing files before copying new ones. Thus the required behavior is preserved and even after erroneous update you have the option to delete/rename files and use previous configuration.

Worth mentioning is the fact that FULL version creates daily backup of all TXT (configuration, stats, log) files, optionally sending it to other FTP location. Reverting to old config including customized messages or broken stats is then easy.
          On 500 Servers, after their server reload at the weekend, I see the Airio log is full of this, every minute:

09.06.22 08:55:14 AIRIO ERROR: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
          at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Aegio.Strings.GetBytes(String str) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Aegio\InSimStrings.cs:line 228
          at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.timerMin_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e) in c:\Development Files\LFS_Airio2\Timer.cs:line 200

Any ideas? Still on 2.2.5 there.
          This is a thing that I discovered only recently and corrected in the latest 2.2.7 compile. The error means (probably) you're trying to handle strings larger than 256 bytes/characters. Make sure you're not using such extensive text in config files for now (and when possible, update to the latest 2.2.7). But it is strange the error appeared suddenly, if you did not make any config changes...
          Quote :Right, simply taking MSG (or SET, maybe others in the future) files from root and overwriting the existing files in subfolder is not always the expected and desired behavior. I think I'll remove the default SET file completely from the archive, I'll just leave mention about its possible use in the configuration suggestions.

But files in root must take precedence and must be moved to subfolders because of other features. The best way to ensure you'll not lose your work suddenly is, in my view, renaming the existing files before copying new ones. Thus the required behavior is preserved and even after erroneous update you have the option to delete/rename files and use previous configuration.

Worth mentioning is the fact that FULL version creates daily backup of all TXT (configuration, stats, log) files, optionally sending it to other FTP location. Reverting to old config including customized messages or broken stats is then easy.

I guess removing these files might be the best solution. My problem is not that I don´t have a backup to restore me prior settings! My Problem is that I have a private server running Airio. If after an update the default set file is called automatically (I set Airio to restore default server settings 30 minutes after the last player left) the server suddenly is public (/pass= )...
          Quote from EQ Worry :This is a thing that I discovered only recently and corrected in the latest 2.2.7 compile. The error means (probably) you're trying to handle strings larger than 256 bytes/characters. Make sure you're not using such extensive text in config files for now (and when possible, update to the latest 2.2.7). But it is strange the error appeared suddenly, if you did not make any config changes...

I don't have any long strings as far as I can see, and there is no option to upgrade yet. But assuming it's not actually stopping Airio from working then no worries.
          Quote from Crady :I guess removing these files might be the best solution. My problem is not that I don´t have a backup to restore me prior settings! My Problem is that I have a private server running Airio. If after an update the default set file is called automatically (I set Airio to restore default server settings 30 minutes after the last player left) the server suddenly is public (/pass= )...

Aaaah, right, so the /pass= is not an ideal example of usable command. Sorry for that, I believe this explains some earlier troubles you mentioned.

Quote from modelmotorracing :I don't have any long strings as far as I can see, and there is no option to upgrade yet. But assuming it's not actually stopping Airio from working then no worries.

Well, errors are bad. They are always captured and reported, but some routines do not complete because of errors. In most cases it wont hurt much, but it may lead to unexpected bahavior in other situations. I'm trying to deal with every single error that appears in the application, however rare and unimportant it may be, and however smoothly it is dealt with. Airio system log is marvelous tool for this.

Due to recent updates (and because I do not keep old source code), I'm not able to say where exactly the error appears, but there are in fact only two candidates: 1) Please check the TimedMotd items in SRV file(s), make sure they're not too long. 2) If you're running some external script regularly, check its output (returned to Airio for processing) for length. Or try stopping the script (see ScriptTimed in SRV) and watch if that error suddenly disappears.

Again note that this "string length limit" bug is removed from Airio 2.2.7, entered and used strings can have any length.

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
          (2384 posts, started )
          FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG