The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Does anyone know why it runs somewhat smoothly on a 7600GT, when the minimum's a 7900?
Quote from LFSn00b :... Interesting
http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/enbseries_gta4_v0076a.zip

Boris is at it again, post here if it works as i havent tested it yet

Will try this out later, but in other way if its already on native resolution then switch on the 'hdmi mode?' and it already looks good, a bit too blurry but it looks better. Anyways, i will try later. Im on better card now too with 1gb ram on it so i guess it should work for me =] ... Also, ppl read the readme file please, some important notes over there
Quote from Velociround :This is an Antialiasing test. It allows you to use antialiasing in GTA IV.
Click for picture

Wow, thats amazing. It has a new look already, on me - even if i play it on native resolution and highest settings, the picture seems like its made of boxes. That is awesome, i wonder how much fps it will eat
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Specifically around how much FPS will my specs get for the game? I'm aiming for 30 with the newest 1.03 patch.

The newest patch is 1.0.4.0, and it is obligatory to play multi player (and even single player: GFWL won't let you play if you don't update ).

Well, depending on what graphic settings you use, you'll be able to keep it on 30FPS or higher at most times, but if you want to get "the better look" (aka put higher possible graphic options) you'll get values close to 30fps, but not much higher. That's just an estimative, though. You can go trial and error: try some graphic settings, if you don't get the FPS you're aiming for, lower or higher the graphics until you manage so.
I heard somewhere that the Anti-Aliasing mod can only be used in windowed mod. True?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I heard somewhere that the Anti-Aliasing mod can only be used in windowed mod. True?

Yep, its also written in the readme file

But, running windowed mode in full resolution equals the same i guess. Just the annoyng sides and stuff. Startbar and those.
Im starting to get really good at shooting the choppers side turrets. Tonight was awesome. I was in a party with 3 mates. I was flying and shooting the turrets, one freind was throwing grenades, and the other two providing alternate fire out of the sides.

It was AWESOME! We were destroying absolutely everything in sight, and it was real fun chasing the other guys down. There was this one kid, who probably wasn't older than 8 years old. He was screaming everytime i chased him in the chopper laying down fire, and started to get real upset, telling me to leave him alone.

:ices_rofl
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Im starting to get really good at shooting the choppers side turrets. Tonight was awesome. I was in a party with 3 mates. I was flying and shooting the turrets, one freind was throwing grenades, and the other two providing alternate fire out of the sides.

It was AWESOME! We were destroying absolutely everything in sight, and it was real fun chasing the other guys down. There was this one kid, who probably wasn't older than 8 years old. He was screaming everytime i chased him in the chopper laying down fire, and started to get real upset, telling me to leave him alone.

Bully!
Quote from Bladerunner :Bully!

hes doing the right thing, getting the screaming kids away from gta iv and other live games
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Im starting to get really good at shooting the choppers side turrets. Tonight was awesome. I was in a party with 3 mates. I was flying and shooting the turrets, one freind was throwing grenades, and the other two providing alternate fire out of the sides.

Apocalyps Now?
Quote from Bladerunner :Bully!

Quote from DieKolkrabe :Apocalyps Now?

Hell's yea!

Im gonna be doing it tonight if anyone fancys joining me? Headset would be preferable, and if you could send me a message saying who you are from the forum and if your up for it, then that would be helpful.

So, anyone fancy it?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :

Hell's yea!

Im gonna be doing it tonight if anyone fancys joining me? Headset would be preferable, and if you could send me a message saying who you are from the forum and if your up for it, then that would be helpful.

So, anyone fancy it?

What time is "tonight" ? (GMT)
I'll join you depending on what time
Now.

I'm usually on the xbox anywhere after 6-6:30PM GMT. It'll be tomorow now though as im going to bed shortly.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Now.

I'm usually on the xbox anywhere after 6-6:30PM GMT. It'll be tomorow now though as im going to bed shortly.

i think you deleted me off your friends list
GT: muttski11lz
If I buy it for PS3, is it better than PC (stability, frame rate)?
solely depends on your system.

aiming and control is still better off with mouse and keyboard imo.
Quote from JJ72 :solely depends on your system.

aiming and control is still better off with mouse and keyboard imo.

i dont like driving via keyboard, so i do prefer xbox
Quote from batteryy :i dont like driving via keyboard, so i do prefer xbox

Perfick solution = Mousey and Keyboard for shooting, and grab a Xbox controller for the driving....thats the way I do it
If you already have a Xbox, just plug the contoller in your PC....easy!
Quote from Bladerunner :Perfick solution = Mousey and Keyboard for shooting, and grab a Xbox controller for the driving....thats the way I do it
If you already have a Xbox, just plug the contoller in your PC....easy!

not so easy to plug, theyd make me buy a wireless xbox device reciever ot smthing
Quote from batteryy :not so easy to plug, theyd make me buy a wireless xbox device reciever ot smthing

Then get a PS3 controller and download the driver , I use mine for LFS
All those console controllers suck. Keyboard + mouse is way better.
Grabbed it for ps3 here, loving it. Awesome moment, barrel rolling over the broken bridge, landing, cops going down, firing an rpg down.

Then I drove off the side
Highlight of the night was when I was on my bike and went over a hill just to hit a taxi cab while in the air. As my guy went to get up, Nathan French comes plowing over the hill. Unfotunately his car, like my bike, was airborne. Even less fortunate was when it managed to land just before me and procede to make my guts end up all over the road.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG