The online racing simulator
Quote from DieKolkrabe :+1

Also bring back Eli Gold and Bob Jenkins (even tho he does Indy Lights now)

Do you think NASCAR could work with 1990s bodies/tech, but today's safety?

You just said many people's dreams!
Quote from PMD9409 :You just said many people's dreams!

DAMN RIGHT!

IMO Nascar was better in the mid to late 80s/early 90s. Races started within 10 mins of the program start time, no 1hr long preview show, no naming sponsors every 5s, you had actual personalities, for instance you had playboys (Tim Richmond, Delma Cowart) mixing it with the 'new kids' of the time (Earnhardt, Kyle Petty), surprise winners (Phil Parsons, Talladega)...I could go on. But IMO NASCAR was better mid/late 80s till early 90s. I bet anyone who was at Darlington in 1985 and saw Bill win the million would agree...

Go to Youtube, look up Battalionfan888 and racermac1988 (I posted battalion's stuff before), they both have old NASCAR, 80s/90s stuff, and other series.

But yeah, bring back the dream team, Bob Jenkins, Ned Jarrett, Eli Gold, Buddy Baker in the booth (Ever noticed how auto racing always seems to work well with more commentators? I point to the Indy 500 Page/Unser/Posey trio as evidence), Jerry Punch on pit road.

Heck, if Mark Martin can win at 50, and Harry Gant won 4 in a row in 1991 at 50, why not get Rusty and Dale Jarrett back in the cockpit?

ALSO CHANGE THE RULES! Go back to the 1989 body shapes and restrictor plate sizes, with the modern safety. One of the most vivid images I have in my mind is the 1990 Daytona 500. Of course, we can't bring the Intimidator back, but Kyle is doing a rather nice job of going after his mantle.

I'm waffling...I'll go do something constructive...
Bump

Mayfield tested positive for/accused of doing meth (Source: http://www.bostonherald.com/sp ... =home&position=recent)

Damn, I know he's American, but I have a strong suspicion his mother in law (?) is lying about this, she allegedly saw him doing meth in 1999, however I think she's lying to try to hurt him.
Mayfield's assertion that NASCAR is out to get him is hard to swallow. Until the meth busts, Mayfield was one of the "feel-good" stories of this season - a fairly competitive team put together in little time using other teams' cast-offs.

I would think the ideal situation for NASCAR would have been to have a strict drug policy and then have everyone test cleanly.
Quote from Falcon140 :Don't we all. ESPN is a lot better than TNT, but nothing beats FOX, excluding that damn gopher of course..

Yup, FOX wins hands down. May sound weird, but they have the best sound team out of all the networks and that's why I love their coverage, everything sounds 100 times better when its on FOX for me. Makes me feel like I'm actually at the track when I crank up my surround sound, I love it. It would be even better if I could just turn off the commentary and listen to the cars for 4 hours, their "Crank it up" is nice though.
What i loved about FOX was the "Chad on the Couch" segment.
For FOX to be pure awesome, they should bring back the 2001-2007 theme song, or they could use that instrumental song "NASCAR Thunder."
Quote from Danke :
I would think the ideal situation for NASCAR would have been to have a strict drug policy and then have everyone test cleanly.

I think that the ideal situation is for NASCAR to adopt WADA testing/policies.

@Benny: Fox may win now, but PLEASE...Get rid of Digger! And clean up the screen, it's like they're doing too much
NASCAR fans and followers. With the Montreal race coming, is NASCAR allowing rain tires on road courses now as standard procedure?

I really want to see another NASCAR rain race and i hope NASCAR doesnt abandon this. (And maybe eventually lead up to Sprint)
#209 - Zay
Ok,since I havn't checked this thread in a while,I have a fare bit to say.
First,who is surprised to see montoya doing so well.Its like:where did he come from?
second,I really think NASCAR should have more than just two road courses. Thier are lots of suitable road courses throughout the united states that would work well for NASCARs.Does anyone else think the same?
third, As far as I'm concerened,logano should DEFINATELY get rookie of the year.I will be stunned if he doesnt.
fourth,NICE NATIONWIDE WIN CARL!!!
and last, I agree,FOX is the best.
Quote from Zay :Ok,since I havn't checked this thread in a while,I have a fare bit to say.
First,who is surprised to see montoya doing so well.Its like:where did he come from?
second,I really think NASCAR should have more than just two road courses. Thier are lots of suitable road courses throughout the united states that would work well for NASCARs.Does anyone else think the same?
third, As far as I'm concerened,logano should DEFINATELY get rookie of the year.I will be stunned if he doesnt.
fourth,NICE NATIONWIDE WIN CARL!!!
and last, I agree,FOX is the best.

+1 to more road courses. Go to Mexico with the Nationwide series. Maybe Mid Ohio and Lime Rock too? Or how about a street course?
Personally I'd rather see NASCAR go a little more international and go to Japan Motegi, Rockingham UK, and Eurospeedway.
Quote from lizardfolk :Personally I'd rather see NASCAR go a little more international and go to Japan Motegi, Rockingham UK, and Eurospeedway.

No-one would turn up to Rockingham.
Or just keep it in the US with Miller, VIR, Laguna, Mid Ohio, Road America, Road Atlanta, or even Portland.

There's plenty in the US, that's not the problem.
you can't leave the US the Rednecks will go mad.
Quote from Mustafur :you can't leave the US the Rednecks will go mad.

Shhh, we're ignoring those

They hare starting to watcing USAR more than NASCAR anyways.

Regardless of what anyone says NASCAR will remain as American as V8 Supercar will always remain Australian. Even if NASCAR now goes to Mexico and Montreal while V8 goes to Bahrain.

Really nothing to complain about imho. Wish the sprint cup would go to other ventures still
Calder park Clockwise oval?
Nascar, Bathurst. YES
^ Agreed. But I have a feeling the track would be butchered for NASCAR
Quote from lizardfolk :A race in Australia would be good as well.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :Nascar, Bathurst. YES

Would be great, the problem is the transportation. Bathurst, Motegi, Eurospeedway Oval, all of these would be great tracks, but 43 (or 43+) cars to send there would take time and lots of money. =/
Quote from HalleMarques :Would be great, the problem is the transportation. Bathurst, Motegi, Eurospeedway Oval, all of these would be great tracks, but 43 (or 43+) cars to send there would take time and lots of money. =/

Yeah, and quite a few Sprint Cup teams just don't have the money to travel overseas.
#223 - Zay
Quote from h3adbang3r :Yeah, and quite a few Sprint Cup teams just don't have the money to travel overseas.

what he said
I'm a little more concerned with whether NASCAR will continue to use rain tires on rainy road courses. Anyone has the answer to that?
#225 - Zay
nice win johnson!(my favourite driver)also good run for martin he is on fire

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG