The online racing simulator
The reason they don't do anything is because they are just harming each other.

Lowes - Brad and Denny are racing and Denny gets mad, tears up Brad's fender under caution. No others involved.

Dover - Denny trys to diamond the corner, guess who is on his inside? Denny spins. No others involved.

Phoenix - Denny knocks Brad out of the way in T1 and takes the position. Brad falls in behind and going into T3 he gives the nudge right back to Denny, who moves up the track. Brad goes to take the position, Denny comes back down, and oh look we have another spin. No others involved.

Post race - Denny rambles on how he is going to intentionally take out Brad.

Homestead - Both cars minding their own business and then Denny just runs him over exiting T4. Brad spins across the track, saving his car.

It's the fact that he said he was intentionally going to wreck him. Brad might have moved Denny quite a few times but that was just payback from a previous incident in corner. Denny straight said (and he's the "veteren".....) that he was going to wreck him and he did.
Quote from PMD9409 :The reason they don't do anything is because they are just harming each other.

Just because no one else became an innocent victim doesnt mean that intentional wrecking should be allowed or encouraged.

Quote from PMD9409 :It's the fact that he said he was intentionally going to wreck him. Brad might have moved Denny quite a few times but that was just payback from a previous incident in corner. Denny straight said (and he's the "veteren".....) that he was going to wreck him and he did.

Well

1. I'm a little more angry that the penalty was so lenient.
2. Ok fine, Denny painted his own hand red. But NASCAR has penalized before for "aggressive driving" on incidents that are arguably just racing incidents before. the best example I can think of right now would be Tony Stewart's penalty when he came down onto Bowyer (bowyer and edwards wrecked as a result). To me that was obviously not intentional wrecking because Tony put out a hand letting Bowyer know that he will be coming down and it doesnt make sense that someone would intentionally take someone out by coming down onto them like that. BK's incidents are so much more blatant and BK isn't penalized?

This isn't the first time that NASCAR has let go intentional wrecking. Remember Hamlin taking out Reutimann earlier this year?
They don't refer to BK's bumper use as intentional, for reasons I explained in previous post.
Quote from PMD9409 :They don't refer to BK's bumper use as intentional, for reasons I explained in previous post.

What would be NASCAR's criteria for intentional wrecking?
Quote from lizardfolk :What would be NASCAR's criteria for intentional wrecking?

Ask them, I'm just a viewer.
Rofl that crash just looked like the guy behind lost track of where his front bumper was and it just happened.
tony stewarts a cock xD

montoya so gna pwn his ass and wreck that tard at daytona xD
Does anyone actually do any racing in NASCAR these days? :rolleyes:
5haz were u even watching homestead?

was epic racing
I was just coming in here to say the same thing, Homestead was a surprisingly good race. Denny did kind of run away at the end, but there was plenty of decent racing throughout the day. Watching Junior run an inch from the wall was also pretty entertaining.

I want to be pissed at Montoya for wrecking Stewart, but he kind of had it coming. Sure Stewart was mad at Montoya for running into the back of him, but his payback was a little harsh. And if I saw Montoya coming up behind me after he was in the garage for so long, I would have gotten the hell out of the way before he got to my bumper.

Congrats to Jimmie I guess. I didn't want to see him win, but you have to respect the guy for winning 4 in a row.

Thankfully the Nascar off-season is ridiculously short, only a few months and they'll be firing them up in Daytona.
Quote from UncleBenny :I was just coming in here to say the same thing, Homestead was a surprisingly good race. Denny did kind of run away at the end, but there was plenty of decent racing throughout the day. Watching Junior run an inch from the wall was also pretty entertaining.

I want to be pissed at Montoya for wrecking Stewart, but he kind of had it coming. Sure Stewart was mad at Montoya for running into the back of him, but his payback was a little harsh. And if I saw Montoya coming up behind me after he was in the garage for so long, I would have gotten the hell out of the way before he got to my bumper.

Congrats to Jimmie I guess. I didn't want to see him win, but you have to respect the guy for winning 4 in a row.

Thankfully the Nascar off-season is ridiculously short, only a few months and they'll be firing them up in Daytona.

montoya was on outside had more speed stweart slid up montoya nowhere to go unless brake but then that woulda been mega chain reaction.

i guess 2 short fuse's make no fuse at all and just anger xD
Eh, like they said right on the broadcast, what Stewart did is pretty common, he put the slide job on Montoya. Montoya just didn't like it, he could have easily let off the throttle if he wanted to, he chose not to. I don't remember there being anyone right on Montoya's bumper that would have caused a chain reaction.

Interestingly enough, the EXACT same thing happened to me in iRacing the other day. Got the "clear" call from my spotter, slid up with room to fit in, guy behind me had a run since he was running the high line and decided not to let off when he got to my bumper. Needless to say, I was pissed.
Quote from 5haz :Does anyone actually do any racing in NASCAR these days? :rolleyes:

HAHAHA that's great
Quote from BreadC :5haz were u even watching homestead?

was epic racing

Nahhh, used to watch NASCAR quite a lot a while back. The point is, if a complete stranger came to this thread of late they'd think NASCAR is some kind of banger racing. Not really a good image if you're trying to attract racing fans, but NASCAR aren't really trying to attract racing enthusiasts are they.
Quote from 5haz :Nahhh, used to watch NASCAR quite a lot a while back. The point is, if a complete stranger came to this thread of late they'd think NASCAR is some kind of banger racing. Not really a good image if you're trying to attract racing fans, but NASCAR aren't really trying to attract racing enthusiasts are they.

So what made you stop i wonder?
Quote from lizardfolk :So what made you stop i wonder?

Dunno, I just stopped watching motorsport on TV, perhaps my attention span shortened.
i loled when denny spun brad.
hopefully there's more lolz at daytona.

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG