The online racing simulator
wow....what a finish
That was the first full NASCAR race I've watched live, and uh...I think I'm going to be waatching some more.

What a finish! The first thing that went through my mind was 'Shit, is Edwards okay?' Then I saw him moving, and the awesomeness of the last lap sunk in! Brilliant!

The wreck wasn't Brad's fault, and he was deserving of the win, well done to him. And Edwards skipping across the line just topped it off perfectly.

Now I've got to watch a few more races and learn the drivers, so I can have the added excitement (and misery) of supporting someone.
Sweet Jesus that was immense

Just as well the catch fencing held up, I often wondered if it would be able to withstand the full weight of a car. No fault can be blamed on the incident, just good honest hard racing to the end.

Quote from Timdpr :
And Edwards skipping across the line just topped it off perfectly.

Reminded me of a certain movie that
i might start watching nascar again
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Reminded me of a certain movie that

Quote from lizardfolk :But actually the crash was a bit serious, it injured 8 people: http://www.nascar.com/2009/new ... adega.cedwards/index.html

Yeah, despite what the commentators said, I did see some debris flying into the crowd. Luckily the injuries aren't life threatening or anything - cuts, bruises, a broken jaw and some possible fractures. But the fact that the driver was fine was great, the cars seem to be extremely safe! Well, they have to be at those speeds really.
Marcos Ambrose finished 4th, now 19th in standings.

Gotta feel for Carl Edwards and Ryan Newman tho, he had a good car. I thought Brad's move was (statement withdrawn), but I admit he can drive well.
Scariest stuff I've seen for a while.
That was scary, haven't seen something like that before, live anyway. Have to feel for Carl but it is quite amazing how he managed to get out of the crash fine. Shows how good those cars are,

But who thinks Carl has been watching Talladega Nights
Quote from DeKo :how is that a save? he totally binned it.

Because he managed somehow to avoid nailing David Stremme in the 12...it was by all accounts a great save, just that he couldn’t hold on to it afterwards, but still great avoidance of hit Stremme there.

The race was great to watch, maybe the first time in a while. Jimmy Johnstone just had the best car in the field, but in the last 8 laps it looked as if Tony Stewart was going to make his car just wide enough. Can I ask those in the know…what the heck is going on with the 88. 3 different crew chiefs in the weekend seem a tad OTT.
Mackie-

Well, Tony Jr. is out for good. I'm not sure if he will take another position in the company, or just retire. The new guy (at Dover) has been with Hendrick for a long time, and has been in this position before. I do recall that he spent a few weeks as crew chief for JJ when Chad Knaus was suspended a couple years ago. The guy that is coming in this weekend at Pocono is supposed to be perminant for the 88 team.

I don't really know the logic behind the temporary solution at Dover, but I suppose it has something to do with the new crew chief being unavailable due to other obligations. What do you think of the chances that he had a salon appointment that weekend?
@PA: Tony Jr. is now in the Hendrick R&D program.

@Mackie: Dale Jr. is popular, which brings in money. Hendrick are trying to get the #88 team up to par with the other teams. Dale Jr. being a good driver + popularity = money, money, money.
Quote from UncleBenny :Now I'm hoping Pocono doesn't get rained out on Sunday, don't want to make the drive down there for nothing.

Looks like it should be clear. We had rain all day yesterday yesterday (ended in central PA a little after 2am or so). What a great day it was for me to spend at the Ford show at Carlisle. lol
Double file restarts seemed to work pretty well, we were in the infield on the fence in turn one so it was definitely more exciting having them come by 3-wide on the restarts. I wasn't listening to the broadcast most of the race but it seemed like the lap down cars can use some rule to get their lap back by not pitting under caution? Seems strange but will probably only work on a couple tracks.

Awesome to see Tony get the win, we had a lot of Stewart fans in our group so it was pretty exciting getting to see him work his way up through the pack. Then with one to go the radio guys said he was out of fuel and we were all flipping out, only to have him come back past us still going strong.
Quote from UncleBenny :I wasn't listening to the broadcast most of the race but it seemed like the lap down cars can use some rule to get their lap back by not pitting under caution? Seems strange but will probably only work on a couple tracks.

If you're a lap down, and don't pit, you get the waveby with 2 to go by the pacecar, so you're at the tailend of the lead lap. This is so that the leader is actually the car behind the safetycar. This will work on all tracks, but is best on long tracks where you don't automatically lose a lap pitting under green.
On the smaller tracks, you may decide to stay out, get a lap back, and then pit under the next caution. It's a gamble, but may be worth a win.
Infineon Raceway next week OH YEAH!

Marcus Ambrose and Montoya should be really good here.
lets hope JPM can stop burning those tyres.
i don't normally like races being decided by fuel but that was a brilliant finish
I don't know whether to be happy, laugh, or be like WTF!

Grats to Martin!
First win for Petty Enterprises in ten years! Gratz Kasey!
Ambrose was really strong as expected, good race.

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG