The online racing simulator
1 down, 1 to go
Quote from Mustafur :ok, all ill say is this, watch out for the name Marcus Ambrose when they get to circut racing.

Quote from Mustafur :

We'll see how well he does among the cup drivers

GO LALLY, ANDRETTI AND PAPIS!!!!
Am i the only one that thinks Kyle is a sore looser having a brush up with Ambrose lucky he didnt pull a pit on him after that race that escapes me.
kyle is just a looser in general, he thinks hes the best on the field with hes first or nothing attitude but really look at him hes not even in the top 12.

Untill he relises no one cares how much he loves him self, he will never be a good racer.
Strangly i do agree with the Looser part, but i enjoy that when his not coming first hes doing something stupid that keeps me remotly entertaind to see if he messes up or not
Quote from Mustafur :kyle is just a looser in general, he thinks hes the best on the field with hes first or nothing attitude but really look at him hes not even in the top 12.

Untill he relises no one cares how much he loves him self, he will never be a good racer.

He has surpassed the "good racer" status, saying he is under that is laughable. He can control the cars just fine, just not his mouth.
great is what i ment, hes got the pace to be up the front nearly every race but hes attitude kills it for him in alot of them.
They should seriously add rain tires to the cup cars because this wait is soo long.

what can be risked here with rain tires really?
Quote from Mustafur :They should seriously add rain tires to the cup cars because this wait is soo long.

what can be risked here with rain tires really?

AFAIK, goodyear didn't develop rain tires to use on the CoT cup cars atm. Only rain tires are available for nationwide on road courses. However, I will agree with you that they definitely should start to give the cup cars rain tires/wipers/rear lights as they do in nationwide in Montreal.

Sure it may only be once a year...but Nationwide goes to Montreal once a year as well and that's really the only place they need it.

NASCAR's rained out oval races are annoying but unfortunately unavoidable. NASCAR road course rained out races are definitely avoidable imho..and to not do anything about it would be stupid of NASCAR
#262 - Zay
I love Robby. He is the only driver with the balls to stand up to NASCAR, and 9 times out of 10 he's right.
Quote from Falcon140 :I love Robby. He is the only driver with the balls to stand up to NASCAR, and 9 times out of 10 he's right.

Perhaps when he's bashing NASCAR's questionable calls on conditions...

But it's very different when it comes to his conduct and incidents on track. Remember when he threw a piece of debris on a track to force a caution? That was pure LOL!!!! He was even caught on red handed on camera doing it...

and not to mention is multiple take outs...spinning P.J. Jones, overly blocking Boris Said, brake checking Michael Waltrip, smashing Travis Kvapil, blatantly spinning out Marcos Ambrose, his laughable track conduct with David Stremme (although Stremme was also at fault for this as well) and more recently taking out Joey Logano during a caution...I'm sure there's many more but these are all i can remember of the top of my head
Quote from AstroBoy :And you just stated why Nascar can be interesting

Bah, controversy is overrated.

I watch NASCAR for the close fights and finishes and that is perhaps one of the few reasons why I watch NASCAR over F1. I want clean good competition. Not some gray area demolition derby racing... which is unfortunately the image that NASCAR has (warranted or unwarranted).

I dont mind contact. But I do mind malicious contact which is what Robbie Gordon is know for and it seems also what quite a few NASCAR fans root for...
Might want to do some background checks on other drivers.

Try to find out why people hate/hated Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, Dale Earnhardt, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle/Kurt Busch, Denny Hamlin, Dale Jarrett, Carl Edwards, and the list goes on.

Many drivers are bigger idiots than you think, Robby's name is just bashed on the most.

Do you know he was penalised because of a mistake by a manufacturer? He appealed, and they took away his suspension, but they fined him for 150,000. Both sides make mistakes, and dumb ones at that.
Quote from PMD9409 :@Benny - 2 words "Freaking lucky" - and have a nice weekend.

Lucky until it rained all day yesterday. I'll be following the race from my cubicle today instead haha.
Quote from lizardfolk :AFAIK, goodyear didn't develop rain tires to use on the CoT cup cars atm. Only rain tires are available for nationwide on road courses. However, I will agree with you that they definitely should start to give the cup cars rain tires/wipers/rear lights as they do in nationwide in Montreal.

Sure it may only be once a year...but Nationwide goes to Montreal once a year as well and that's really the only place they need it.

NASCAR's rained out oval races are annoying but unfortunately unavoidable. NASCAR road course rained out races are definitely avoidable imho..and to not do anything about it would be stupid of NASCAR

+1^50

It wouldn't be MUCH different developing rain tires for the COT right?

MSNBC/NASCAR.com have an article up where a few drivers actually want to race in the rian.
Thats rotten, if a race gets rained out and you can't make it if they reschedule it, do you get the option of a refund?

And racing in the rain is fun, if you're leading.
What they should have done is took out a couple CoT backup cars yesterday, throw some Nationwide rain tires on them(pretty sure they'd fit) and see what happens. Nothing was going on at the track in the rain anyway, and it would give the fans something to watch. Tell the drivers not to get out of control so no one wrecks their cars. I know those tires are built for the lighter Nationwide cars but they wouldn't be going that fast in the rain so I don't see it becoming a huge issue for a couple of test laps. Just sucks sitting in the rain for hours and never get to see a car on the track the entire day.

I don't actually think the tires are the biggest issue though. I think its mostly visibility, which is why Nascar could just mandate windshield wipers and defrosters on road courses in the even of rain. That brings up the issue of cost though, because you're basically only going to MAYBE need them one weekend a year, at Watkins, because racing in the rain on ovals would be a very bad idea, and it doesn't rain in California so the other road course is safe. So is it really cost effective to develop this stuff for one week a year rather than just have the teams stay an extra day? Probably not, which is why they don't do it. Until they put more road courses on the schedule(probably never), it's just not worth it to try and put together a rain package for these cars. Sucks but its the truth.

OT: Does the IRL race in the rain? I feel like they would, but I can't think of it happening any time recently.
Quote from UncleBenny :

OT: Does the IRL race in the rain? I feel like they would, but I can't think of it happening any time recently.

I uhh....actually dont know....I know they tried to race in the rain on the oval back in 1975...but that was a massive fail.

EDIT: Nvm, found a video on youtube and according to the video, they raced in the rain at St. Petersburg street in 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnXIKXc4P1U
Quote from lizardfolk :I uhh....actually dont know....I know they tried to race in the rain on the oval back in 1975...but that was a massive fail.

EDIT: Nvm, found a video on youtube and according to the video, they raced in the rain at St. Petersburg street in 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnXIKXc4P1U

They also did practice sessions (and mabye qualifying) at Toronto this year. IRL always race in the rain (unless its an oval)

Got NASCAR on stream now
Also Watkins a few years back
Ouch! Thats a big one for Hornish and Gordon.

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG