The online racing simulator
At least he can't crash deliberately again. He should go into touring cars

Actually. Wait, I recall a few drivers wrecking to win in Nascar.....
I liked the Bob Varsha quote during the F1 race regarding the Piquet truck test. "Apparently F1 has become a stepping stone to the Camping World Truck Series."
Quote from Danke :I liked the Bob Varsha quote during the F1 race regarding the Piquet truck test. "Apparently F1 has become a stepping stone to the Camping World Truck Series."

Haha.
Quote from tinvek :maybe he's working on the principal that most F1 circuits run clockwise so maybe it's turning right that causes him the most problems ?

Ouch, that means he can't run straight in a NASCAR.
Quote from PMD9409 :Ouch, that means he can't run straight in a NASCAR.

lol

maybe just maybe he'll prove to be a hit (as opposed to hitting everything else) it could be that it was the whole F1 telemetry and settings that caused him the problems as he must have a reasonable amount of talent to get to where he got to what ever his name was.

the trucks with their emphasis on driver input may be more his thing though obviously it'll take time for him to learn all the little nuences of its setup and he'll be very dependent on his crew chief
Quote from DieKolkrabe :At least he can't crash deliberately again.

He wouldn't need to in Nascar, just throw a piece of roll bar padding on the track and they'll throw a caution.
True,but he'd need a meeting in the hauler to dicuss which lap :P
great advertisement for tropicana tho :P
Indeed, Piquet could fix a race and a sponsorship deal at the same time.
lol reports that trulli also tests in nascar for MWR
Quote from 5haz :Indeed, Piquet could fix a race and a sponsorship deal at the same time.

True,then again Brazilians have a crap record in NASCAR
The new Nationwide CoT looks good, and in 2011 changes are gonna be made to the Sprint Cup CoT.

Chevrolet is also going to drop the Impala SS from NASCAR, replacing it with the Impala, sicne the SS is being phased out next year.
WTF?

NASCAR is legislating out racing...THEN wondering why the ratings and ticket sales are dropping?

Wake up people
The end of the Talladega race was pretty terrible with everyone running out of fuel under caution and the two wrecks. I was really hoping they were actually going to make it through those last 10 laps without a big wreck, but I wasn't all that surprised when they started wrecking. I was pretty pissed at Ambrose for taking out both my guys (Newman and Stewart). Also, Johnson didn't get taken out which I was really hoping for. He's pretty much got the championship wrapped up now unless something goes terribly wrong, which doesn't seem to happen to him in the chase. Time to start looking forward to next year.

Also, who else thinks its complete BS that Addington is getting replaced on the 18? I thought he was a real good crew chief and seemed to keep Busch relatively under control, and they miss the chase one year and he's out? Oh well, I'm sure he won't have trouble finding another job, always seemed like a smart dude to me.
Quote from UncleBenny :The end of the Talladega race was pretty terrible with everyone running out of fuel under caution and the two wrecks. I was really hoping they were actually going to make it through those last 10 laps without a big wreck, but I wasn't all that surprised when they started wrecking. I was pretty pissed at Ambrose for taking out both my guys (Newman and Stewart). Also, Johnson didn't get taken out which I was really hoping for. He's pretty much got the championship wrapped up now unless something goes terribly wrong, which doesn't seem to happen to him in the chase. Time to start looking forward to next year.

Also, who else thinks its complete BS that Addington is getting replaced on the 18? I thought he was a real good crew chief and seemed to keep Busch relatively under control, and they miss the chase one year and he's out? Oh well, I'm sure he won't have trouble finding another job, always seemed like a smart dude to me.

No no, not the end, the WHOLE race was terrible.
Well, the Talladega race was my first NASCAR live streamed race I watched on the net. Despite of the fact that I didn't watch the entire race but only cca last 80 laps, I was fairly thrilled of the race, because I has used to watch only Formula 1 so far. The last 20-10 laps were quite interesting for me, especially the 4-wide or single-file situations. And I love the mass pitstops, when the teams are fighting for every hundredth of a second! It's good they have those extra wide pit lanes, unlike those for F1

I will try to not miss the next race in Texas (if I read correctly)
Quote from PMD9409 :No no, not the end, the WHOLE race was terrible.

Yeah, sure.

I don't know what people expect from Talladega? There were plenty of racey portions when they were getting ready for pit stops, or after cautions. Any 4 hour long race is going to have boring parts, whether they're running single file at Talladega or just riding around at some other track. I'm just really getting sick of the bitching about restrictor plate races being boring. This is not directed towards you particularly, but just a general statement since I see this attitude everywhere.

What exactly do you want them to do?(this part is for you to answer) Let them ride on people's bumpers whole race so there's a wreck every 10 laps? Oh I know, take the plates off, so then the whole field gets strung out, because that will be waaaaayyyyy more exciting than what we have now.

Whatever, its a plate race, and if you don't like it then it only happens 4 times a year, just tune in for the end if you want and maybe you'll get a good finish. Chances are you'll just get a big wreck though.

I'm not saying its the most exciting race out there, but none of the races really are. Nascar won't be thrilling until they shorten every race to a 100-150 mile shootout where guys have to get up and go from the drop of the green flag. I don't care what race I'm watching throughout the year, it gets boring in the middle of the race when nothings going on. Talladega is no different in my opinion. When they get strung out single file, I turn up the sound and go about cleaning my apartment or something while I'm listening to the race. Perfect Sunday for me.

Again, not trying to be harsh towards you, I see the "boring" complaint all over the place and this is just my general opinion on the matter.

Quote from Flame CZE :Well, the Talladega race was my first NASCAR live streamed race I watched on the net. Despite of the fact that I didn't watch the entire race but only cca last 80 laps, I was fairly thrilled of the race, because I has used to watch only Formula 1 so far. The last 20-10 laps were quite interesting for me, especially the 4-wide or single-file situations. And I love the mass pitstops, when the teams are fighting for every hundredth of a second! It's good they have those extra wide pit lanes, unlike those for F1

I will try to not miss the next race in Texas (if I read correctly)

Cool, its always nice to see people give Nascar a chance and realize that its not just cars going in a circle like it gets portrayed all the time. Well it is cars going in a circle, but there is some excitement in there too. Definitely watch Texas, its a whole different kind of racing than Talladega.
was dissapointed with nascar ruling no bump drafting mid corner..

basically 2 wrecks happened coz car behind had to leave daylight infront of other car so when they went and bumped them str8 after corner the closing speed was too fast as they had to leave a gap and boem BAI
Quote from UncleBenny :Blah that I agree with.

I think I might be arguing wrong since I agree with all your points.

Obviously the restrictor plates have to stay (safety). The banking as it is now makes it pretty much wide open with good tires 24/7 (unlike daytona). I don't complain about daytona because you actually have to handle there, unlike talladega.

Restricting the "pushing" in corners, IMO, was a very dumb decision. I agree with Ryan Newman (pretty much everything he said) about how they think drivers aren't able to respect each other now. Not allowing the pushing in corners seem to make the drivers more aggressive in the bumping on the straights (lose one, make up with the another).

The 500 miles of 300 mile boredom is what gets to me really. No one gets aggressive until the end, which I know everyone wants to save their car. But you can race without destroying the field. Line it up 2 by 2 for 50 laps, at least it'll be more exciting. Sure at other tracks it gets boring about 200 miles into the race, but there is still a race going on because they can't just lineup. You still have to drive hard to stay on the lead lap etc.

Just listen to the interview with Ryan Newman, that's pretty much how I feel. And also.... if I knew how to fix it Benny, I'd be a NASCAR Official.
for me.. jpm provides most excitement, and he made jeff gordon say sorry xD lawl
Quote from BreadC :for me.. jpm provides most excitement, and he made jeff gordon say sorry xD lawl

LOL yeah. Gordon thought he was mad at him or something.
xD

"dunno what i did to upset him must of done something he dont do that to jimmy"

or smth like that he said xD

NASCAR 2009 Season-Talk Chat
(467 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG