The online racing simulator

Quote from spankmeyer :Gais, I've been feeling super-lazy lately. How about you give me an assigment to do?

Um, take 5 shots with every lens you own that show off their best/most unique qualities?
No you want to do an assignment.. pick up what I started doing this new years (I had to stop because I was running out of time etc. [exams were getting close and I just couldn't keep it up] started falling behind so I just stopped while I was ahead)

360 project; take a photo every day and make up a quote for it.. it's fun, makes you get out and think a little!
Quote from spankmeyer :
Never heard of that lens, shame. I'm not compatible with MF lenses though. Bad eyesight, drunk most of the time etc.

So you are not just a photographer, but an artist.
That and make the shots meaningful I'm starting to see too many folks posting shots showing off the equipment rather than showing off the artistic side. I don't care about how fantastic the bokeh is when it's a simple shot of a pen sitting on a desk with the computer blurred in the background

Let's see some more artistic sides!

That said, I haven't picked up the camera in months really. I'd like to get out some, but wifey works evenings now and it's just me and the kids. Too much home stuff to do to go anywhere for photography. I need to take a trip out to the lake by myself so I have time to do my own thing.

I'm so out of targets right now!! Taking random shots
Attached images
_MG_5772s.jpg
_MG_5553s.jpg
_MG_5609s.jpg
A couple of my recent ones.
Attached images
Orange_Flower.jpg
Sunset_silhouette.jpg

Attached images
_MG_5904s.jpg
_MG_5815ss.jpg
Just took some random mediocre pictures in the garden. First pictures I've taken with my DSLR that weren't stop motion animation or taking pictures of my dad to annoy him
Attached images
IMG_0861w.jpg
IMG_0854w.jpg
IMG_0870w.jpg
IMG_0877w.jpg
Well, I finally broke down and bought an external flash, the Metz 48 AF-1. After missing lots of shots at a friend's wedding reception and then getting roped into acting as "official" photographer for some other friends' annual "flip-flop formal," I decided it was time.

Apparently, part of the festivities at the flip-flop formal typically involve a bunch of drunk people posing with various props and having their pictures taken while making wacky faces. To be honest, this wasn't how I wanted to be spending a party, but it turned out to be more fun than I expected.

I definitely learned a lot about flash shooting over the course of the evening, and I definitely still have a long way to go (especially w/r/t reducing shadows).

Here are a few shots, all with the DA 21mm Limited (best option I had to go wide in such a confined space). Unfortunately, the room was very small, and had various distracting objects on the walls, and I haven't mastered the Photoshop clone tool yet. :o

I intentionally post-processed for a sort of "high-key" look with these:

Some closer up stuff. Will try and get a decent macro lens for this kind of thing soon.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Some closer up stuff. Will try and get a decent macro lens for this kind of thing soon.

Regards,

Ian

I like the second one very much, I would have focused on the clock "gauges" though
The first looks likes the camera shook a bit, am I right?
From a long time I'm thinking about buying ultra wide lens.
I've got Sony A300 so it can be APS-C lens but I'd rather go for full-frame.
Got any ideas?
I'm thinking about Tamron 10-24 but it's APS-C. Sigma 12-24 cost too much nowadays. If I wouldn't know prices from a year ago I'll buy sigma 12-24 but now is just too expensive.
Tamron 11-18 is cheaper but 10-24 seems to be better. I don't care about how much zoom it has. It can be even fixed lens about 12mm but there's none like this (ofcourse I can be wrong)
I don't want to buy fish-eye lens.
Quote from diNOSaur :From a long time I'm thinking about buying ultra wide lens.
I've got Sony A300 so it can be APS-C lens but I'd rather go for full-frame.
Got any ideas?
I'm thinking about Tamron 10-24 but it's APS-C. Sigma 12-24 cost too much nowadays. If I wouldn't know prices from a year ago I'll buy sigma 12-24 but now is just too expensive.
Tamron 11-18 is cheaper but 10-24 seems to be better. I don't care about how much zoom it has. It can be even fixed lens about 12mm but there's none like this (ofcourse I can be wrong)
I don't want to buy fish-eye lens.

The Tokina 12-24mm would be my pick, but it's APS-C as well.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The Tokina 12-24mm would be my pick, but it's APS-C as well.

yea but Tokina lenses aren't with alpha mount atm.
But maybe this year it will be changed.
Took some pics of the Octavia II facelift car we had over yesterday for a testdrive. We are going to buy this one but as sedan and in black,

1.8l turbo engine 160ps

8 sec to 100
228km/H topspeed
Attached images
img_8114.jpg
img_8126.jpg
Quote from baSh0r :Took some pics of the Octavia II facelift car we had over yesterday for a testdrive. We are going to buy this one but as sedan and in black,

1.8l turbo engine 160ps

8 sec to 100
228km/H topspeed

skoda
Quote from diNOSaur :yea but Tokina lenses aren't with alpha mount atm.
But maybe this year it will be changed.

Oh, true... forgot that.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I like the second one very much, I would have focused on the clock "gauges" though
The first looks likes the camera shook a bit, am I right?

Looking at it more closely, I think quite possibly. Not always got the steadiest of hands

Regards,

Ian

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG