The online racing simulator
Quote from Highsider9 :#3 is definatly a 10-20mm Shot.
#5, 6, 7, 8 and 13 Helios?
#10 and 11 could be around 20mm aswell?

Could be totaly wrong though.

You got 3, 10, 11, and 13 right. ;]

edit: nice shot, by the way.
ok im back from mountains i dont have all photos done, but heres quick preview
Attached images
_MG_1330v.jpg
_MG_1327v.jpg
Awesome view!
Hi all..

Had a _very nice_ quiet weekend away at the Lake District. The surroundings are pretty amazing and the 3-star hotel wasn't to be sneezed at either with a lovely view across the lake and a small, but nice balcony.

Here's a selection of pics that I took

Regards,

Ian
More shots out of the K-M.

Nothing special, still learning.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :More shots out of the K-M.
Nothing special, still learning.

Is it possible to get that second picture bigger?
I want it to my desktop.
Couple of uncompressed pics from today
Attached images
_MG_5508.JPG
_MG_5398.JPG
_MG_5549.JPG
_MG_5580.JPG
_MG_5644.JPG
_MG_5591.JPG
_MG_5606.JPG
_MG_5610.JPG
Newest acquisition:

Ahhh I want one of those.. not Tamron though

What are you just on a buying frenzy right now or what lol?!
Seems so!

The Tamron was the best rated across the board out of the ones I checked out (except for the Sigma 70mm, which is too short and too expensive). I'm pretty pleased with the price I got on it.

The only macro I wanted more was the legendary manual Tokina/Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5, but it's impossible to find.

edit: and the Tamron works on full frame, too, which is great for my legion of film cameras.
oooooohhhh that is nice, i'll have to look more into that one

omg looking at prices, WHAT A STEAL!!!

$300 for a 90 2.8 macro, that's beyond nice!

I'll have to do my research and check out all the specs on that thing (focus down to, image quality, etc.)

very good find sir!
Well, it's slightly more expensive than that in the Pentax mount--got mine for $385 used, shipped, w/ CPL and UV filters, box, pouch, original paperwork. It goes for about $450 new. But yeah, still a great buy.

Reviews here, here, and here.
Gear-wankers rejoice! Old/new glass arrived in the form of a beat-up Nikkor 85mm/f1.8 for the low-low price of 250€.

Not sure if I'm keeping this one as the 80-200/2.8 D is just a superb lens.

Pros compared to the 80-200/2.8:
+Much lighter even though I don't pussy around and can carry my camera-grip-tele-combo all day long.
+Focuses closer than the 80-200
+Aperture 1.8 vs. 2.8 (the f1.4 was way out of budget)

Cons:
-Noisy AF (old lens)
-Weaker build quality though optically it's naturally perfect for the price

Bokeh is pretty good for the price. I'm not very fond of the busy Helios (?) bokeh that my Nikkor 50 mm f1.8 tends to do too.

Backgrounds do go 'poof' and I'll probably get my money back nevertheless if I choose to sell it.
I just made 579 shots in 20 minutes, of which 573 were entirely useless, just black. Well that's a poorly equiped storm photographer for you
Fastest lens I own is a 50mm/F1.7 prime, 75mm on my A200 due to the crop. I wish I had a fast wide one, the 18-70 kit lens (F/3.5 - 5.6) was no good

They're not very impressive, in fact they look terrible with all the noise, but I thought I'd share them anyway. This one is probably the best, shows how much energy there is in lightning (bright white sky at 11pm, it's quite something!):
Attached images
DSC08095.jpg
DSC08179.jpg
DSC08315.jpg
DSC08465.jpg
DSC08508.jpg
DSC08606.jpg
spanky, did you consider the newish Korean MF 85/1.4? It's distributed under Samyang, Rokinon, Vivitar Series 1, Bower, and Opteka names--all the same lens. Generally goes for about $250-350 new. Apparently it's a stellar performer. Nikon dudes on dpreview forums love it, Ken Rockwell says it's as sharp as or sharper than the Nikon equivalent.
Gais, I've been feeling super-lazy lately. How about you give me an assigment to do?

Quote from DeadWolfBones :spanky, did you consider the newish Korean MF 85/1.4? It's distributed under Samyang, Rokinon, Vivitar Series 1, Bower, and Opteka names--all the same lens. Generally goes for about $250-350 new. Apparently it's a stellar performer. Nikon dudes on dpreview forums love it, Ken Rockwell says it's as sharp as or sharper than the Nikon equivalent.

Never heard of that lens, shame. I'm not compatible with MF lenses though. Bad eyesight, drunk most of the time etc.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG