The online racing simulator
Quote from Blackout :Well, more important is the fact that the games are optimized to run on that specific hardware setting/combination. On a PC you need to make compromises because there is infinite combination of different components you can find in a computer. On a console system you know it will work on any Xbox or PS3 if it works on one, and therefore it's possible to optimize the code to get the best out of the hardware.

That doesn't stop games from looking just as good on the PC as they do on the consoles. See any multiplatform game, such as Grid. There really is no reason why GT5 or Forza 3 can't be run by a PC. It'd just have to be a pretty good one to run at max settings. It's a shame that neither Turn 10 nor Polyphony seems determined to make their game for the PC as well. It would only help them I'm sure.
Quote from MadCat360 :That doesn't stop games from looking just as good on the PC as they do on the consoles. See any multiplatform game, such as Grid. There really is no reason why GT5 or Forza 3 can't be run by a PC. It'd just have to be a pretty good one to run at max settings. It's a shame that neither Turn 10 nor Polyphony seems determined to make their game for the PC as well. It would only help them I'm sure.

Polyphony are owned by Sony. Wouldn't do their PS3 brand image much good if they didn't showed their faith in it by moving GT5 to PC as well.
Pre-ordered the game today, just shame that there is still 3 months to go until release date

I recently upgraded from a 6 year old tv so a brand new 1080p tv and forza 2 looks good so really looking forward to forza 3. All I hope is that game play has AA so don't get the annoying pixel edges on the cars.

Regarding the 4x4/SUV's while they dont really go in a racing game/sim as unless you look at the bowler don't having racing suv's. However will bring another element to forza 3 and who knows maybe there will be some specific use for the 4x4's cars.
I never got to enjoy Forza 2 whilst it was popular online, but I hope with Forza 3 there are more people racing standard unmodified cars. For me the whole earning credits, exercise of "modifying" a car so that it's exactly the same as all the others because it's the best weapon for that "class" (which is what it would appear everyone does and makes the whole "customisation/modification" thing completely futile) is a real turn off and I can't be bothered with all that.

I also hope there's no more of that slow down when cars leave the road. This might be the first new release I actually buy for the 360 though, it does look pretty good.
Quote from sinbad :I never got to enjoy Forza 2 whilst it was popular online, but I hope with Forza 3 there are more people racing standard unmodified cars.

It does really rule out the modifiying thought part of it does remain. I can't remember the levels but do you race a lower powered car with the aftermarket forza bumpers so you have downforce or leave them off and race a more powerful car. Obviously this only plays a small part but I have had some good racing online in this situation (on the part oval track can't remember the name) where I was quicker through the infield but was slwoer on the oval section.

Quote :I also hope there's no more of that slow down when cars leave the road. This might be the first new release I actually buy for the 360 though, it does look pretty good.

It is rare but you can still find it, I spent a couple of hous recently on full server racing standard cars. The server was set to that the cars ahd to be standard and changed classes every couple of races or forced everyone to the same car. Was made good by tc/stm/abs had to be off and manual gears etc and was some of the best racing I have had on forza 2. Reminded me alot of lfs in times gone by with everyone finishing 5 lap race almost nose to tail with passing then re-passing, 3 or 4 abreast into corners.
After witnessing how much pre-cum fellow hardcore LFSers dripped while giving Forza 2 MP thumbs up, colour me interested in buying a silly conzole for one game.

Since I'm way out of the loop, does Forza3 run on the cheapest possible Xbox360?
Quote from spankmeyer :After witnessing how much pre-cum fellow hardcore LFSers dripped while giving Forza 2 MP thumbs up, colour me interested in buying a silly conzole for one game.

Since I'm way out of the loop, does Forza3 run on the cheapest possible Xbox360?

yes. but its cheaper to buy the normal xbox(250e) you can use the cheaper model on one game, but later on when you start to buy games, you need memory to store them into. i myself found out that the games run alot more smoothly when i install then on xbox and now im happy that i wasnt cheap'o
Quote from spankmeyer :

It will run, yes. It might be a good idea to get one with a hard disk however (save games, car liveries, downloadable content, demos, your own music, etc).
Quote from jibber :It will run, yes. It might be a good idea to get one with a hard disk however (save games, car liveries, downloadable content, demos, your own music, etc).

And especially for Forza 3 because it will come with two disks, which means that you probably want the other be installed on the HD.
I'm a bit sceptical about that second disk install thing. I assume it is just an install disk, since it would make most sense, but with most installs you still need the disk in to access the content. So I'm worried that even if we install the "data" disc we'll still need to physically replace the discs if we want to access that stuff.

Would've been more sensible to make one single-player disc and one multiplayer disc, since you're less likely to flick between them as much.

But I guess they must know what they're doing
As far as I know...........

CD1 is the "game", CD2 is additional content, I think (reading between the lines on the Forza forums), that a HDD is required for FM3 as CD2 requires installation to the HDD.

A HDD was pretty much required for FM2 anyway, as without one, you couldn't view replays.
Just going though the last couple of pages of this and I'm shocked.

SUV's - why the ****, seriously?

Anyway, I still enjoy playing FM2 every now and then, so if FM3 is even a little bit better (no doubt that it'll be a lot better), it will be worth every penny in my eyes.

Looking forward to the confirmed car list, and probably going to pre-order soon.
Quote from danowat :A HDD was pretty much required for FM2 anyway, as without one, you couldn't view replays.

Oh bugger is that why... I did wonder why there wasn't replays available I thought I had a faulty version....
Quote from Dajmin :I'm a bit sceptical about that second disk install thing. I assume it is just an install disk, since it would make most sense, but with most installs you still need the disk in to access the content. So I'm worried that even if we install the "data" disc we'll still need to physically replace the discs if we want to access that stuff.

Would've been more sensible to make one single-player disc and one multiplayer disc, since you're less likely to flick between them as much.

But I guess they must know what they're doing

Don't worry. Oblivion had the same thing with the "game of the year" edition. It came with a DLC disk that just installed about 2 GB worth of extra content, just like if you downloaded it off of the marketplace, so no disk swapping. Forza 3 will do the same thing I'm sure.
i'll probably buy it...even tho i don't have a wheel for the 360. I enjoy being able to customize the tuning of my car in FM2, wouldn't mind having a test play first tho, forza2 was a bit short on older japanese cars (which i like)

i doubt the physics will be any great improvement tbh..

oh and the way the americans say "FORTZA" shits me off lol. there's no T dammit..
The physics will be improved, the tyre model has reiceved alot of work.
depends really, being as i won't be able to use my G25 with it, it's gonna be hard to tell the "feel" of the car with a controller. Also haven't seen much of a detailed explanation as to specific physics changes etc..
You might not be able to feel it, but you should notice the difference in car behaviour. I use a gamepad for LFS and I have played GTR, Rfactor and Netkar using a gamepad, you obviously can't feel the difference but it's still very noticable. I think the tyre physics improvement alone will make the game much better than Forza 2.
some news, from T10 podcast, http://forzamotorsport.net/en- ... o/default.htm#/audio/997/

Quote :Originally Posted by '93TurboD (Forza Central)
-Drift Scoring system
-Rewind will de-certify lap times, not available online
-Auto Brake will not de-certify lap times
-Option to lock out auto brake online
-Clutch button for controller
-Will miss gears if clutch not pressed
-Will damage clutch if not pressed
-Faster shift times with clutch (weird)
-Auto upgrade, not tuning
-Makes a build to a PI target
-Will stop if there is insufficient credits
-Improved multiplayer search options
-search for drift, drag, circuit, drive type, class, etc...
-popular game types will become searchable when they're created
-all multiplayer races are payed (i.e.: will earn credits for all game types)
-single race, timed race, p2p, drag, drift, multi-class, tag mode (tag, keep the IT, virus), cat and mouse, elimination (knockout)...
-change scoring type: timed, drift score, best lap, damage, teams/groups
-change start order/type: by PI, place, ascending or descending, rolling, delayed rolling
-lock groups in specific cars, PI class, etc...
-save-able/nameable game types
-Changed PI system
-all cars get PI, incl R class
-Production cars will upgrade to and through the R classes
-PI is based on the ability of the car and not the AI's ability to drive it
-Should eliminate "missiles"
-more parts for smaller PI increments
-new body kits, rims
-upgradeable race cars
-Cars will be able to be flipped back over after a roll

huh, no more tuning?
Quote from Scrabby :huh, no more tuning?

I dont think it means that, I think its just an extra option, atleast i hope so
It means auto upgrade only upgrades car parts, it doesn't "tune" them
Quote from danowat :It means auto upgrade only upgrades car parts, it doesn't "tune" them

What?, so lets say u want a B700 car, U set it to that and it automaticly buys the parts needed to get to it? ??

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG