The online racing simulator
Peugeot withdraws Audi Protest

I was surprised by this move, but after reading the brief snippet posted there, Peugeot has regained a little respect from me, as it was not a hissy-fit but a mode of obtaining more communication; a method which has worked (apparently). While I don't, personally, see the need for more information from the ACO regarding the rules (as this will inherently limit some of the freedom through the use of more defined rules, closing of some loopholes maybe) I can see the attractiveness in such an endeavor.
Peugeot worried about the possibility to see the aerodynamic things that we could have seen in F1 in the LMP1 category...
Quote from MoMo92i :Peugeot worried about the possibility to see the aerodynamic things that we could have seen in F1 in the LMP1 category...

well... that hole through the nose of the audi was copied from last year's ferrari.
no K+K?
-
(Zdenek CZE) DELETED by Zdenek CZE
Quote from BenjiMC :no K+K?

K+K:
On July 25 and 26, 2009 the 24 Hours of Spa car race, which is also the fourth race of the serial FIA GT CHAMPIONSHIP is going to take place.

Compared to the last year, there are going to be some changes. Like in the last year the race is counted to the classification of the championship FIA GT for the cars GT1 and GT2. But compared to the last year there is one cardinal change. In 2008 the sequence of the cars was awarded with double number of points compared to the common two-hour races. This year the winning car will get only ten points, which is the same amount like in any other race of the championship.

The team K plus K motorsport from Česká Třebová had been considering for quite a long period of time to have two cars starting in the race. Three main issues were taken into account.

The main issue was the state of the cars after the race. Here it is especially necessary to consider the fact that after 24 hours race the car is virtually ripe for a general repair. This does not make it at all easy to prepare for the subsequent race because the car Saleen uses mainly American parts and the team K plus K motorsport has the motors tuned in the USA. Also for the whole serial of races FIA GT only three motors per season are allowed and for example the car of Adam Lacko already has the third motor in this season.

The second issue was the value of the earned points. If the twenty-four-hours race is evaluated with the same amount of points as any other race, it is clear that the costs of possible point profit are completely disproportionate.

The third issue would be the number of participating cars. In the category GT1 there will be probably maximum of eight cars of this specification on the start, of which three cars will be in the colors of the stable Vitaphore and some other participating stables and cars are not even the continual participants of the serial.

Our whole team had been discussing all pros and cons of the participation in the 24 Hours of Spa for quite a long time. Finally after through consideration of all circumstances the team K plus K motorsport decided not to participate on the race in Spa and to dedicate all endeavors and efforts in preparation of the cars to the other races in the season, in which the team would like to pick up its results from the beginning of the season.
pff, Well that sucks. Damn credit crunch!
spa 24hr broadcast in 5 mins

http://www.gt1live.tv/

45 mins rather, time zone confusions
Good afternoon interweb
lol, funny commentators . they are very casual it's like an igtc broadcast
The scheduling fail is quite amusing tbh
some really great racing in the first hour, ruined by the rain
Corvetta number 8 is KO.
just startet raining like mad
It´s raining, safety car is on the track.
been watching it for a while now, helps stave of the boredom of a non-descript saturday evening
Do you have someone live-stream please???
nothing else then They are the actual broadcasting company so if they aren't streaming, nobody is.
Quote from BenjiMC :nothing else then They are the actual broadcasting company so if they aren't streaming, nobody is.

OK. I have live-timing...
Just looking at live timing, #1 maserati is out the race some 68 laps ago. PK corvette is leading from the #2 maserati and then the SRT vette is just under 2 seconds behind that. top three have all done 9 pit stops.

The 4th place overall car is actually the G3 audi R8!!! followed by the nismo GTR in 2010 spec.

Leading GT2 is #51 af corsa ferrari followed by the #50 sister car.
Maserati number 1: hits the armco at T12 and rejoins slowly. Front and rear right damages. Tyre off the rim. Front right suspension and axle damaged.
I cant believe how close this race is. The top 3 have been racing for almost 18hours & they are only separated by 1 lap.

live coverage still not up yet
-
(Zdenek CZE) DELETED by Zdenek CZE

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans/FIA GT 2009
(948 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG