The online racing simulator
Sweet!

Cant wait.
I realised that FIA GT is on Motors TV now for UK viewers It was a good race too, even though it was at hungaroring.
I'll give ALMS 2 years before the GT2 class goes south
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I'll give ALMS 2 years before the GT2 class goes south

And this is based on what? The GT2 class has only gotten stronger. Fantastic action in there.
quite true. GT2 is the flagship class of ALMS, it's LMP which is in trouble imo.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I'll give ALMS 2 years before the GT2 class goes south

I disagree, GT2 action in ALMS is fantastic. I even still watch old vids of the Flying Lizards duel against Ferraris

I think Rolex might be the one in trouble...
I think we might see the mazda in GT2 soon enough... Or i hope rather
Unless all the manufactor's feet are wet with cement, the vettes will brutally rape the class to death. But i could be wrong.
Porsche have been their for years, i doubt they will get demolished. they support their GT2 program quite strongly, unlike Ferrari. Ferrari need to release a new car imo.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Unless all the manufactor's feet are wet with cement, the vettes will brutally rape the class to death. But i could be wrong.

Doubt it, the vettes have just scored their first victory. I'm sure this is going to be a hell of a couple of years for GT2. Looking forward to the excitement.

Quote from BenjiMC :Porsche have been their for years, i doubt they will get demolished. they support their GT2 program quite strongly, unlike Ferrari. Ferrari need to release a new car imo.

Porsche is the one who needs the new car I think. The (lone?) Ferrari from Risi has been doing fantastically. In either case, Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette and BMW all have very good machines all capable of winning any given event. Very good racing going on, this weekend's race at Mosport was incredible to watch.

I'd like to see Panoz, Aston Martin and the Ford GT step up their game to bring some more attention, but we'll see how it goes.
Quote from MAGGOT :Doubt it, the vettes have just scored their first victory. I'm sure this is going to be a hell of a couple of years for GT2. Looking forward to the excitement.

Porsche is the one who needs the new car I think. The (lone?) Ferrari from Risi has been doing fantastically. In either case, Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette and BMW all have very good machines all capable of winning any given event. Very good racing going on, this weekend's race at Mosport was incredible to watch.

I'd like to see Panoz, Aston Martin and the Ford GT step up their game to bring some more attention, but we'll see how it goes.

Porsche have produced a new car for this season, it's just not been reliable while showing great pace. For example they would of won Le Mans had it not been for reliability, and the porsche in the hands of Westbrook and Collard in FIA GT is doing pretty well I'd say considering who they're up against.

The Aston Martin is, afaik not a FULL factory effort, Just something by Drayson Engineering same for the Ford GT and whoever is running their car. Fact is nobody in GT2 has the support of the Porsche teams and Chevrolet will most likely give the same kind of support as they did with the C6R
Emmanuelle Collard is a VERY underrated driver.
I also forgot the fact that Flying Lizards are leading in ALMS too
Anyone going to Silverstone this weekend to watch the final race?
Quote from Bob Smith :Anyone going to Silverstone this weekend to watch the final race?

sadly not, My dad booked a camping holiday with his girlfriend so i got no transport. I am not paying for a taxi from the train station again!
Quote from Bob Smith :Anyone going to Silverstone this weekend to watch the final race?

No, it´s so far.
Anyone following 1000km of Silverstone? So far it looks like LMP1 007 Aston Martin will win the championship, again some nice moments and traffic incidents but all in all good race. Oreca's pace after their comeback is quite impressive. Such a shame that this is last race of the season... It's much more entertaining than F1.
There's still ALMS
/cry

Absolutely forgot about LMS today

I went, it was good. Classic race on Saturday was awesome!

Apart from they had this lap time comp to win a pair of BTCC tickets i asked the bloke what sim they were using, he said 'Rfactor' you should of seen my face.
Then i saw the price £10 :eye-poppi! I promptly walked away thinking i could buy two copies of Rfactor for ten pounds. I mean if they wana charge that much then they should have a decent prize on offer or a real good sim to play on.
Quote from anttt69 :I went, it was good. Classic race on Saturday was awesome!

Apart from they had this lap time comp to win a pair of BTCC tickets i asked the bloke what sim they were using, he said 'Rfactor' you should of seen my face.
Then i saw the price £10 :eye-poppi! I promptly walked away thinking i could buy two copies of Rfactor for ten pounds. I mean if they wana charge that much then they should have a decent prize on offer or a real good sim to play on.

you should of looked at it as 2 really cheap btcc tickets
http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/news-focus-2399.html

David Richards is talking about completely new car for 2011. I am surprised. I was thinking they will run these cars one more year and then go back to GTs.

But they have same problem like Peugeot: what are they going to do next year because of the kinda badly timed regulation change.
Quote from deggis :http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/news-focus-2399.html

David Richards is talking about completely new car for 2011. I am surprised. I was thinking they will run these cars one more year and then go back to GTs.

But they have same problem like Peugeot: what are they going to do next year because of the kinda badly timed regulation change.

What are the reg changes? And doesn't these changes affect the Audi's too?

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans/FIA GT 2009
(948 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG