The online racing simulator
Formation finish
LOL at the Corvette team pulling the car in garage, not to repair, but to clean it Commentary: "They're quite proud team ya know"
Well it deserves a proper goodbye, so well done to them to make it nice and clean

Now watch someone crash into it
WoW....

What another great Le Mans! Watched 22h of the race and enjoyed every second of it. Phenominal stuff from all drivers. Pug's were on fire this weekend, even with those early race shinanigans when it seemd that lady bad luck is back haunting them again. They did it, broken down the Audi dominance.

Audi screwed up badly, no speed, crashes, failures...... It was all against them.

However, you have to feel happy for the Pugs. That shot of the 3 Peugeots on the main straight right next to each other driving to the flag. Amazing

Also, Astons! What a comeback from them!
What a beautiful finish. This is what motorsport is about!
So glad ONE HD showd it this year i just wish it had more air time But i really enjoyd watching the night racing the weary pit crews.
And how about the team that had only 2 drivers for the full 24 hours good on them.
Gratz to the Fappers for winning

AMR FTW next year
ahhh, there's nothing quite like Le Mans.

No rostrum for my beloved Aston Martins (although I think a privateer gets on GT1), but irrespective I always love this race.

Phenomenal event.
Commentator said 'we race for blood' but then went on to say 'they're all gentlemen'. Friendly vampires, that's what motorsport is.
So weird not to see the Audis coming in first, great result for Aston.

Now lets hope the FOCA teams join in, Mclaren and Ferrari LMPs? Nice.
:banana: #007 :bannana_g
Nice race
Peugeot rulz, Audi just... lost it.
007 is the 4th

It was nice race and I look forward to the next year. I still am looking forward to this year's Spa 24 hours in Spa, where I will cheer K+K Motorsport.
Quote from Zdenek CZE :
...this year's Spa 24 hours in Spa...

of course its at spa ! where else would it be then ? =P

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEUGEOT 1-2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so happy ! Audi is down, finally.

next year's race is going to be epic.
Quote from ACCAkut :LOL at the Corvette team pulling the car in garage, not to repair, but to clean it Commentary: "They're quite proud team ya know"

I remember the works porsches at daytona coming into the pits to change all the body work they could to make them clean for the finish, washing the rest and replacing all the decals before going out for a formation 1 2 3 finish.

also one year at le mans they had a perfect run for the lead car until at the last pit stop all the comentators got excited as they stopped and raised the rear bodywork. after making sure they had been noticed, they lowered the body work, turned and bowed to the crowd before sending the car on its way.

mind you in those days you could have decent size pit crews on the cars without going into the garage, think their record for the 936 was fill tanks, change driver, wheels and front brake pads in under a minute !
That's what I love about Le Mans, it's a spectacle. F1 is racing, technology, money, and unobtainable. Le Mans is sport and showmanship, and I love that.
Yep, the atmosphere of this event is really incredible, and I love watching it every year. There always is and will be something special about it, something which are majority of todays racing series simply missing. I would love to go there and see it live, if I'll have enough money of course - which is quite hardly possible. :ernaehrun

Again some nice motorsport weekend, shame about those major accidents and also Japan guys in LMP2 with their Porsche... that was really bad luck, so close to finish.

Already looking forward to 2010, but that's way far away, blah...
Quote from AstroBoy :And how about the team that had only 2 drivers for the full 24 hours good on them.

They didn't actually. It was the 009 Aston Martin. Stewart Hall was excluded for crashing another car, which left only Harold Primat and Peter Kox to drive. Then Primat spun and crashed out. Result: DNF on lap 252.

David Richards is not happy about the situation: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76192
that driver deserved a penalty, but not a 24h ban. maybe just 12h ban. but still... he kinda deserved it

@ samj: i love your avatar, i am really looking foward to see that version of the 908 at Le Mans next year..... imagine a grid with 7-8 908's .....
Quote from AtomAnt :Here he cums into the chiccane, he pulls back and re-enters.....

Oh my god. LOL
Quote from el pibe :@ samj: i love your avatar, i am really looking foward to see that version of the 908 at Le Mans next year..... imagine a grid with 7-8 908's .....

I don't fancy seeing that many 908s, but some hybrids should be nice to see. A much better contribution to the development of alternative propulsion than F1's ridiculous KERS poop.

Interestingly, I've just found out that Panoz ran a hybrid in the Petit Le Mans (the Panoz Q9) in 1998, qualifying and finishing second. Battery technology wasn't good enough back then, so the cockpit was half filled with batteries.
Quote from samjh :They didn't actually. It was the 009 Aston Martin. Stewart Hall was excluded for crashing another car, which left only Harold Primat and Peter Kox to drive. Then Primat spun and crashed out. Result: DNF on lap 252.

David Richards is not happy about the situation: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76192

He is talking about the Kolles audi that Kartikaein(?) was meant to drive but popped his shoulder.
Quote from samjh :They didn't actually. It was the 009 Aston Martin. Stewart Hall was excluded for crashing another car, which left only Harold Primat and Peter Kox to drive. Then Primat spun and crashed out. Result: DNF on lap 252.

Erm... No, the 009 had 3 drivers, all 3 drove, they just happened to wreck a Radical. The car with 2 drivers was the Kolles Audi R10, #14. Karthikeyan dislocated his shoulder while walking to the car to do the start
Yes, although I agree with what David Richard's said about the 009 car, that kind of unplanned situation mid-race is very difficult to adapt too because your driver rotation needs to be adapted mid-race and it's luck of the draw as to when it happens whether your drivers will go through a dangerous period of fatigue.

Even as a die hard Aston fan I accept that accident was utterly Hall's fault, and agree that giving a penalty was a fair outcome, but I do think the nature of the penalty the ACO gave was irresponsible.

I did a 24 hour kart race where we lost 2 drivers (one got stomach sickness, one injured in a crash in the twilight). We where lucky to have 4 drivers and a qualified reserve, I consider drivers to be as much a spare part as any other part on the kart. I do wonder why teams enter 3 driver cars, and whilst I agree with Richards, I do think all the teams should look at this - perhaps even the ACO should allow a floating reserve driver for each team.
Anyone else get a heart attack when bourdais slowed down with 20 minutes left?

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans/FIA GT 2009
(948 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG