Quote from The Very End :Either way, I seem to be able to endure ladies small talk, but these damn mens are just plain anoying. Remember this one time the one of them asked me if I was free the weekend, I mean OH COME ON FOR LOVE OF GOD! Just HOW many times have I not have a nice little fantasy for banging the shit out of a lady in that chair or some other nice stuff, and then the ONE time it happens that I get attention, it's a FREAKIN' hamrider!
Jesus christ please stab me to death, god's irony is bad! :gnasher:

You did it again!
Quote from zeugnimod :You did it again!

No, JESUS CHRIST I did NOT touch him or any man for that sake either!!
#28 - 5haz
Sitting on the bus/train, when a random person sits next to you and starts talking to you.
Quote from 5haz :Sitting on the bus/train, when a random person sits next to you and starts talking to you.

thank god that hasnt happent to me, i can only imagine
Quote from 5haz :Sitting on the bus/train, when a random person sits next to you and starts talking to you.

I had this experience in October, from Waterloo to Southampton. But it made me ask myself: 'why is somebody who just wants to randomly chat seen as some kind of loon?'. I personally didn't see my new friend as that kind of person, although he seemed to know an insane amount about the rail network. Now, at the time I really wasn't in the mood for talking because I was on the way to a really important interview and I just wanted to sit in silence. I think the problem with people who like to talk to random people is that they don't understand social situations properly and miss all of the visual signposts of someone who does not want to talk. So it's not that they are 'loons' but have socialialising problems.
#31 - 5haz
Well yeah it depends on what they're talking about, you can have a pretty interesting chat with a random person, but most are just Forest Gump Types.
I went to a wedding this weekend and heard a funny but terrible story.....

At a wedding in Scotland, the Best Man was wearing a Kilt and as is customary when wearing a kilt, no underwear necessary........... During the reception, the best man thought it would be a great idea to have a picture taken with him sitting on the bride's knee. Sadly, when he got up, there was a rather nasty stain on the Bride's dress where the best man had ommitted to wipe after going to the toilet!

That, I would find socially awkward!!!!
When a girl declares their love for you, and the only response you give is "oh".

When you have to work with someone you don't like, you have to maintain a good enough relationship to work with them, when all you both want to do is punch each other. Which leads to really awkward small talk, that neither of you enjoy.

When people don't move to the right to avoid walking into people, they go left, and then you do that stupid ****ing dance where you both try to get out of each others way but fail to do so, all the time saying "sorry, sorry, oops, sorry!" Always step to the right, it's the law of the pavement.

Bumping into an ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend in a take away, while you're wearing week old jeans and a football top because everything else is in the wash and you couldn't be arsed to shave or shower that day. You're also clutching a new computer game in a HMV bag, and then having to explain you have a shit part time job, while they are at university and about to embark on a world tour envolving a lot of sun, sea and sex.

Accidently engaging a clipboard vulture in conversation, in the hope you could get their phone number, then having to pretend to give a shit about Greenpeace or some other pointless crap.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
When people don't move to the right to avoid walking into people, they go left, and then you do that stupid ****ing dance where you both try to get out of each others way but fail to do so, all the time saying "sorry, sorry, oops, sorry!" Always step to the right, it's the law of the pavement.

I was going to mention this one. Always when I am shopping there comes a time when I am walking directly at someone and we both go right then stop then go left then stop then go right stop left stop right and it ends up as a very embarrassing little jiggle, and each step into each others path comes with an apology and then as we finally get past each other its a sorry with a little chuckle at the end to hide the huge embarrassment.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :

God I really hate when that happens. Even worse, people around my area dont bother to move at all, they just walk straight on and expect you to move out of the way. One time I seriously didnt bother and just bumped into a guy, maybe he got a wake up call.....
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :When a girl declares their love for you, and the only response you give is "oh".

:doh:

Had that one happen to me a few months back. Worst part is that she's a good freind of my girlfreind. I obviously said no to her, and we agreed not to tell my gf, but its still extremely awkward when she comes round to visit. I cant help but try and stay away from her.
Agree with that DD, I canot stand people who just walks straight on ya. I rather do the dance and feel a little embarrassed than beeing walked down. Specially the "attitute" people seems to be the worst, when I have to really jump to the side to not get walked over I really just want to say "Oh comon, move you god damn idiot", but instead I just sillently continue my walk
It's awkward when you're walking around with someone like at a shopping centre and you are browsing around a shop and you start talking to your friend, then when you get no answer you turn around and it's a complete stranger checking the label on a new pair of jeans. You end up apologising but halfway through saying sorry you think that he or she might not have noticed you talking to yourself and your sorry tails off at the end. Then you run of to find your friend and he or she asks why you are blushing just before you start having a go at them for walking off.
LOL. So true.

Im done a similiar thing with one of my mates. He wandered off while i was looking. I turned around, and saw some guy with similiar clothes and similiar build, who i thought was him. After walking behind him for 5 minutes, and not getting a reply when i asked him questions, i grabbed his shoulder and yanked him back saying "OI! YOU DEAF?!" in a playful manner. I was horrified when the face i was greeted with was some random bloke with a face angrier then a wet cat.
Quote from The Very End :Agree with that DD, I cannot stand people who just walks straight on ya. I rather do the dance and feel a little embarrassed than being walked down. Specially the "attitude" people seems to be the worst, when I have to really jump to the side to not get walked over I really just want to say "Oh come on, move you god damn idiot", but instead I just silently continue my walk

you get both types of people in my city... most people have the mentality that they're big shit and therefore don't have to sidestep to share the sidewalk/hallway/etc.
#41 - Osco
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :When a girl declares their love for you, and the only response you give is "oh".

the other way round isn't much better either...
I find this interesting. Here we drive on the right, and walk on the right. There in the UK you drive on the left. I would have thought that you would also walk on the left. Kind of weird how that is.
Poeple who find it impossible to endure silence. My old workplace used to be full of people like this - I'd walk past and this one guy would always say something like 'here he comes' to me. I knwo he was only trying to be friendly, but it's just talking for the the sake of making a noise. he may as well have just made hooting noises.

I absolutely hate this social agreement that for whatever reason you 'have' to talk just for the sake of filling a silence.
Quote from The Very End :Agree with that DD, I canot stand people who just walks straight on ya. I rather do the dance and feel a little embarrassed than beeing walked down. Specially the "attitute" people seems to be the worst, when I have to really jump to the side to not get walked over I really just want to say "Oh comon, move you god damn idiot", but instead I just sillently continue my walk

for those straight walkers, i move a little bit aside, and walk then towards him, you dont fall, but he might
#45 - SamH
Quote from mrodgers :I find this interesting. Here we drive on the right, and walk on the right. There in the UK you drive on the left. I would have thought that you would also walk on the left. Kind of weird how that is.

Nahh.. it's basic! Always face oncoming traffic. If you walk on the left when they're driving on the left, you're not looking in the direction of vehicles that pass closest to you. It's Highway Code, simple observation and self-preservation
When you get a present you hate, but you have to pretend to like it so you don't offend the person who gave you it.

When you're having a light hearted conversation and someone inadvertently brings up something which would kill off the conversation, and you attempt to avoid talking about it but they keep on bringing it up.

When you bump into someone you have not seen in years, and they ask how a relative is doing, not realising that person died a few years ago, and you have to either tell them in the middle of a busy shop, or dodge the question.

Accidently staring at a girls chest, not even in a pervy way, just because you are day dreaming and they sort of walked into your line of sight and you didn't acknowledge what you were looking at.
I was on a train and I saw someone who was a friend of mine at the other end of the carriage (probably 20 metres away or so). I hadn't seen him in a while so I walked up to him and said "Hi" as I sat down. Right at that moment I noticed it wasn't actually my friend but some stranger. Before he could reply to my "Hi" I said "Oh...sorry, I thought you were someone else" and walked away. That was awkward.

Another one on trains is when you're sitting in a booth facing someone and you're both looking out of the window to avoid making conversation or eye contact. However, you make eye contact in the window glass then you both have to do look away at something else quickly.
Quote from amp88 :Another one on trains is when you're sitting in a booth facing someone and you're both looking out of the window to avoid making conversation or eye contact. However, you make eye contact in the window glass then you both have to do look away at something else quickly.

This one has happened to me a lot on buses xD it's really annoying but sometimes i just keep staring as if I was looking outside instead of the reflection!
Yeah I got that one a lot too when I used to commute to London. It's easier to deal with if you have your earphones in and can just play ignorant.
I had a nice encounter on a train a while ago. I was going through the railway in the centre of Manchester where lots of tracks meet and just staring out of the window. My train pulled alongside another train travelling at the same speed as us and there was a girl on her own on this other train also staring out of the window. For a second we made eye contact and I grinned and stuck my tongue out and she laughed, then our trains parted and went off away from each other. I like the idea that just for a second I cheered someone up but we had no idea who each other was and almost certainly will never see each other again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG