The online racing simulator
Cleanup : Spam
(694 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Feffe85 : it aint a HACK in any way. its an emulator, not a hack..

WINE = Wine Is Not Emulator.
-
(ergekc) DELETED by franky500
-
(J@tko) DELETED by franky500
-
(ergekc) DELETED by franky500
Hahah Bob, nice Avatar!
Well to be honest I am sorry then that I did not read the Z10 - or any other Test-Patch threads yet...

Just saw it while watching this guy doing donuts while others were trying to qualify... I wanted to spec him but did not hit the "T" key so my view jumped to custom view as I typed the "V" in his name. Normally I use the cockpit view so this "problem" might never got to my attention...
Quote from Crady :Well to be honest I am sorry then that I did not read the Z10 - or any other Test-Patch threads yet...

Just saw it while watching this guy doing donuts while others were trying to qualify... .....

Well the disc brakes rotate now, to stop FPS death on some PC's the insides of the brake discs are no longer visible. (I believe)

Not a bug.

Bob's comment killed me =)
Quote from Bob Smith :More worryingly, most of your car seems to be invisible. Sort that out and the rendering optimisation on the wheels ceases to be relevant.

Nice avatar
Thats a pretty nice patch, but i dont see big changes. Reverse ABS is only difference i saw between Z10 and Z13 Anyways, atleast Scawen is alive ... and workin? o,O
Quote from ponczak :Is changing full lock from 36* to 45* in RWD road cars so much harder? It's only disabling existing restriction. (45* was in S1)

its NOT a drifting simulator, and its totally unrealistic to have 45 degrees lock on normal raodcars. Also it gives an advantage to have more lock while racing, go cry anywhere else mmmkay?
Would be nice to add the demo server filter too
Why would you want a demo filter?

In my opinion the idea was to remove the separation between S2 and demo users, making it easier to mix... and give a better taste of S2 to demo users, by the great display of skills and racecraft offered by S2 users (hint of irony) as well as lovely skins. You know, like marketing the product for demo users!
In parallel Scawen introduced the "demo license" thing to reduce the % of deliberate wreckers from the demo - that has improved from what I can see.

Filter out demo cars and you have a demo filter?
Quote from Mille Sabords :Why would you want a demo filter?

In my opinion the idea was to remove the separation between S2 and demo users, making it easier to mix... and give a better taste of S2 to demo users, by the great display of skills and racecraft offered by S2 users (hint of irony) as well as lovely skins. You know, like marketing the product for demo users!
In parallel Scawen introduced the "demo license" thing to reduce the % of deliberate wreckers from the demo - that has improved from what I can see.

Filter out demo cars and you have a demo filter?

Filtering the demo cars would remove S2 servers such as SR GTi Racing and LR Race Centre, both of which have been providing excellent racing recently.

LFSWorld server browser still has the ability to exclude demo servers, I use this now that BFS no longer works.
Quote from The Very End :May I ask why? Would just end up with a lot of corrupted skin files in the skin folder :/
Edit : was aimed for Shadowww

I mean so it will complete current skin, but won't download any next skins.
I see. Alltho I don't see it as a bad thing, I canot find a very good reason for why it should be such and option. Give me reasons why
Quote from The Very End :I see. Alltho I don't see it as a bad thing, I canot find a very good reason for why it should be such and option. Give me reasons why

e.g. you enter server and see 64 skins to be downloaded.
You are like o_O. 64 skins = 64 * 400kb = ~25mb = can take a while.
Quote from Shadowww :e.g. you enter server and see 64 skins to be downloaded.

But you make a skin 1024x1024 at 400kb max limit.
Ingame you download 512x512 skins, so it's 200kb or probably lower.
And there's room for only 32 (or 36? can't remember) drivers on grid, so it's actually much less to download

To lazy to do the math.
Don't forget helmets
Oh yes... And I forgot hi-res skin option... o well... silly me

Yea, maybe cancel button would be nice to have
But I think it would be still downloading the skins once you are on the server which might cause some lag then?
Quote from three_jump :But I think it would be still downloading the skins once you are on the server which might cause some lag then?

maybe a little, but i would imagine they put some code in there so that skin dl's whilst online would be downloaded slower than ones downloaded whilst connecting.
Quote from Shadowww :e.g. you enter server and see 64 skins to be downloaded.

For people with slow connection that would be a problem I agree.. Hmm, well sure, +1 I agree with you. Alltho the reasonable thing would be to either disable skin download, chose low ress skins or just get faster ADSL line, still - some people would probally find such an option usefull.
Ability to stop skin downloads could be useful.

When joining IGTC mid race to take over a car, you only have 1 lap to get connected and be ready to drive. If you have some of the normal connection issues and need to retry a few times, then download skins for cars and helmets, you could miss the opportunity to take over the car.

If you had your teammate shouting over VOIP to get your ass in ASAP, you could click the button to cancel remaining downloads.
Quote from three_jump :But I think it would be still downloading the skins once you are on the server which might cause some lag then?

Maybe to disable skin downloading while you're on the actual server.
Just pre-joining and from replays.

If that's even possible but again, this isn't test patch matter, it's a valid suggestion.
Quote from Bean0 :Ability to stop skin downloads could be useful.

When joining IGTC mid race to take over a car, you only have 1 lap to get connected and be ready to drive. If you have some of the normal connection issues and need to retry a few times, then download skins for cars and helmets, you could miss the opportunity to take over the car.

If you had your teammate shouting over VOIP to get your ass in ASAP, you could click the button to cancel remaining downloads.

You're doing it wrong. The better ways are either you download the high res skins and get the game to convert them to dds, or you get part of a replay (either quali/race start) with all the skins in it and download them "offline" as it were.
Thanks Scawen!!! nice work made
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Spam
(694 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG