The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
It's 150hp WITH the turbo of course. But i think it would be possible to go way over 200hp, depending on boost pressure and turbo size.

Imagine a Moto-X bike with like 100kg weight and 40hp (or do they have more these days?). It's about the same... only that the harley goes without having to reach higher revs first... and it feels a "little" different too when the bike is 360kg. I think i would kill myself sooner or later.
yes but if simulation puts a turbo on his gsxr then thats 150hp + turbo.
It's a 600, it makes ~100-110 HP at the rear wheel stock. I won't get into the silliness of putting a turbo on a 600 when you can just get a 1000, nor the silliness of non-linearizing your throttle response with a turbo.
It must feel really odd with a turbo on a bike. I can only imagine someone putting throttle on the exit of a corner, the turbo starts spooling, and then the back end just spins round. Ah well. Your money. Your bike.
Do you often see cars with turbo engines that spin out at corner exits?

A bike engine with a turbo is no different from a car engine with a turbo... it's not like you couldn't adjust the throttle position on a bike.

I see your point tho, if one isn't careful, it sure is very easy to loose the rear end with a turbo bike. Then again, it also depends on the engine and turbo. The harley i've ridden for example... there was a point when the boost "kicked in" a little, but overall, it was a very smooth power build up. On dry road, in an easy corner, you won't lose the rear end if you hit full throttle.
Quote from jibber :Do you often see cars with turbo engines that spin out at corner exits?

A bike engine with a turbo is no different from a car engine with a turbo... it's not like you couldn't adjust the throttle position on a bike.

I see your point tho, if one isn't careful, it sure is very easy to loose the rear end with a turbo bike. Then again, it also depends on the engine and turbo. The harley i've ridden for example... there was a point when the boost "kicked in" a little, but overall, it was a very smooth power build up. On dry road, in an easy corner, you won't lose the rear end if you hit full throttle.

True point, although since a bike has 2 wheels (one front and one rear) and a car has 4 (2 at front and back, 2 left and 2 right.. motorcycles are already unstable because of physics and trying to accelerate will just try to either spin the rear up or lift the front, or a combination of both...this inevitably equals BIG MOTHER****ING CRASH OR SHIT YOUR PANTS MOMENT!

Either way boost on a bike is harder to modulate than in a car and most turbo'd bikes are used for straight line speed rather than speed around a track.

on topic.. see attachment.
Attached images
moto_0153.jpg
moto_0154.jpg
asd
Quote from Forbin :I won't get into the silliness of putting a turbo on a 600 when you can just get a 1000

+1

Now a 1000 with a turbo
But it's just cheaper power to put a turbo, piston, better cooling system etc...than to buy a new bike...and the bigger bikes..I.e hayabusa or honda cbr 1000 RR tend to be quite higher in the price department.
Brand new, a 1000 only costs about $2-3k more than a 600. I'm sure that gap carries over proportionately to the used market. You'll be spending at least that much on a turbo with custom exhaust, custom intake, and other engine work. Not to mention it'll probably end up weighing as much as a 1000 anyway, so the benefits of a 600 go out the window.
Quote from jibber :Do you often see cars with turbo engines that spin out at corner exits?

Im not saying that every time you come out of a corner exit, it would do it.
Sure, it depends on the setup of the turbo, and how/when the boost comes in, but im sure it could happen. With a car, its different. Your on four wheels, with power being distributed between 2 or 4 wheels. When going round corners, the tyres would still have a contact patch with the road. As the tyres hunker down from the force, the contact patch grows wider. With a bike, your pivoting on a very small patch of tyre with power going through just one wheel, which although bike tyres are usually a very sticky, soft compound, you could still slip up. All im saying is that it must be very hard to regulate your throttle through corners, especially if your at the part of the rev range where boost is coming on.

And yes, i have seen people spin there cars when boost comes on mid-corner. Poorly skilled drivers. Which is why i was saying someone on a bike, with poor skill may do the same.
I have enough trouble with my bike trying to swap ends under hard acceleration leant over as it is, I could imagine being leant over and a turbo coming on boost............
I know someone near by with an old GSXR1100 with a turbo, he's running 237rwhp and he rides it all year, wet or dry, without any problems. Just have to be smart about how much power you put down coming out of corners!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDA2faBtXgk
Well yeah as you may guess.. Thanks to Sinbad for the recommendation.. although I need new chain/sprockets, new clutch cover+gasket to sort the oil weeping (Model problem, not this bike's fault) and new pads which I hope to fit over the weekend.

Need to polish up the forks to get rid off the pitting and peeling and it was given a new oil and filter yesterday so

Done about 900 miles on it since I picked it up, including the 220 mile ride back down.

Will be getting Pazzo levers and I'll probably get rid of the full fairing for a bellypan once the oil weeping has been sorted.. replace it with a blue bellypan and eventually some Gixer 750 USD forks... woohoo!
Attached images
moto_0156.jpg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well yeah as you may guess.. Thanks to Sinbad for the recommendation.. although I need new chain/sprockets, new clutch cover+gasket to sort the oil weeping (Model problem, not this bike's fault) and new pads which I hope to fit over the weekend.

Need to polish up the forks to get rid off the pitting and peeling and it was given a new oil and filter yesterday so

Done about 900 miles on it since I picked it up, including the 220 mile ride back down.

Will be getting Pazzo levers and I'll probably get rid of the full fairing for a bellypan once the oil weeping has been sorted.. replace it with a blue bellypan and eventually some Gixer 750 USD forks... woohoo!

Liking the glowing rear disc
Looks very nice there S14 Congrats on new bike
Hahaha yeah it's just reflection and thanks DD Hopefully I won't wreck that one too! (inb4 jonathon)
That is one good looking bike!

Currently im dreaming about a Triumph 675. One day....
Quote from sil3ntwar :That is one good looking bike!

Currently im dreaming about a Triumph 675. One day....

Hmm, street Triple or 675 is my next bike.. after 2 years it's only £302 to insure for me.
'tis a beauty you got there jamie. Hope you have a less troublesome time with this one!
finally new rear tire.. i am happy with handling they are awesome!

Nice pics jin

Michelin pilot sport? And you fitted it yourself?
Talking of rear tyre, I need one now.

Doube postage.. excuse the quality, taken on my phone
Attached images
moto_0160.jpg
moto_0161.jpg
moto_0162.jpg
moto_0167.jpg
moto_0169.jpg
moto_0176.jpg
moto_0181.jpg
was thinking what kinda moped should i take and this crossed into my mind, how about an moped that looks like this?

i really like the shape of those bikes, i just dont know the right word for them. anyway is there some mopeds that are kinda like those? and if anyone has one, is there any downsides or anything else to know about them?NOTE:im not looking for chinese bikes, any other mancuafer is good
Aprilia RS50?

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG