The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Gnomie :How come 'everyone' has vouchers?

A very good friend gave me one, a while ago. Because I don't have a credit card, I wasn't able to use it until now!
i just did a race in the Legends and finished 3rd yet i got - score for my licence. Why? im confused
because you received incident points for car contact/dropping more than 2 tires off track/etc... iRacing expects you to drive perfect.
i dont get why i loose points if someone spins into me?
because god hates you
You ever had somebody land on TOP of you in a race?

About a month ago I was doing the legends at SoBo, started dead last, suddenly I spin on the 5th lap and wreck, then the voice chat is all 'Holy ****!'

I ask what went on, and it turns out I got a guy fly in the air, and lodge on top of my Legend, causing me to wreck.

I got a x4 for that, but...IMO not my fault,I shouldn't have to put radar in to watch for low flying cars should I?
Quote from trebor901 :i dont get why i loose points if someone spins into me?

Because oval sucks & the iracing system isn't refined enough to make close calls. (it often blames the wrong racer)

I had the same thing in oval legends. Some dude changed down too early in front of me & lost the back end, as he came down the track he collected me desperately trying to avoid him & I got -100 irating for an accident that he caused.

I was pissed. When i renew im going to report the incident to try & get my points back.
Quote from anttt69 :. When i renew im going to report the incident to try & get my points back.

Good luck. :thumb3d:
One crash doesn't ruin your safety rating, incident points you collect just by doing silly mistakes will eventually heavily outweight those you get because of others.
Quote from anttt69 :Because oval sucks & the iracing system isn't refined enough to make close calls. (it often blames the wrong racer)

I had the same thing in oval legends. Some dude changed down too early in front of me & lost the back end, as he came down the track he collected me desperately trying to avoid him & I got -100 irating for an accident that he caused.

I was pissed. When i renew im going to report the incident to try & get my points back.

It really does straighten itself out eventually mate. For sure there is less accidents in iRacing than in both other sims and real life racing even?....I know I've been at it nearly a year and seen both the good and the bad
Quote from trebor901 :i just did a race in the Legends and finished 3rd yet i got - score for my licence. Why? im confused

remember its week 13........ between seasons.... Tuesday it starts up again
for the rookie legends and solstice, you still gain SR as normal, right? I just got some from a rookie legends race and from a solstice race where I finished w/ 0 incidences.
Yes, 13th week Solstice and Legends series are official, they influence your iRating and SR.
Quote from anttt69 :Because oval sucks & the iracing system isn't refined enough to make close calls. (it often blames the wrong racer

The SR system doesn't put blame on anyone; everyone involved gets incident points and that's the end of it.
If after 200 races you're still at 8 incidents per race or whatever, then it's absolutely impossible to blame others for that, because if you're a clean racer, most of your races will be clean.
Quote from Crommi :One crash doesn't ruin your safety rating, incident points you collect just by doing silly mistakes will eventually heavily outweight those you get because of others.

I wasnt talking about SR, i am referring to irating & -100 for an accident you didnt cause is pretty bad.

I dont think week 13 is scoring. I just did a race where nobody scored any irating points at all ??
Safety Rating and iRating are not connected in any way. If you finish first and have 1000 incidents you'll still gain iRating...
Quote from anttt69 :I dont think week 13 is scoring. I just did a race where nobody scored any rating points at all ??

It depend on the series. For example, Mixed Class Martial Arts is unofficial.
Quote from spanks :Don't put in the dashes, just numbers and letters. I've used two now and they work perfect

It still doesn't work. Bloody iRacing. :mad:
hi i just got the free trail from radical and just saw the 3 month for £17 so i might get that after my trail has run out but i want to know is the riley prototype any good
Quote from hrtburnout :

By the way, have you seen John lately? I haven't

Yeah he is driving a little again....
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG