The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
SilverArrows77: Interesting news, thanks
Now let us wait for the prices to drop (financial crisis helping) - time is on our side it seems...
Quote from Jertje :I love the car, but still a bit gutted that we are forced to run it on the 'free' tracks. It'll get boring after one season, if not faster :\

But then after 13 weeks they might just see its popularity and do a more custom track based season

Quote from SilverArrows77 :random iracing question...

What is the approx size of the initial download of iRacing?
Im on fairly tight download usage limits at moment, so having a rough idea of the size will be handy when i do look at getting into iRacing.

the size of the initial download is about 173,860 Kb before the latest update so maybe a little higher now
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Is that all? Thats really quite reasonable then, for some reason i imagined it being much more. Thanks for info

I might be wrong but I think that's the initial program to get you up and running. I think you then download the content like tracks and cars seperately. That I think will be about 500 meg or something like that......

I'd allow for a gig though overall!
My iracing folder is 2 gigs, but I've got a lot of stuff.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Is that all? Thats really quite reasonable then, for some reason i imagined it being much more. Thanks for info

That's just a basic program skeleton with no cars/tracks (maybe except basic rookie content). Any other purchased content must be downloaded separately on demand like this.
well on some other advice ive bought the Skip Barber and it drives really nice, better than i thought it would anyway
i can see a lot of racers racing down in the SRF till we get leagues, just a pity they'll be on the rookie tracks and rookie length unless they keep throwing 24hrs of fun races with it at us
Damn it (or great). Ive just found this. http://www-water4gas-com.blogs ... -special-3-months-of.html

This is an awesome deal. If only I had resisted iRacing a little longer I could of had three months for $25/£17 instead of the free one month trial via Radical sport cars.

If anyone is still thinking ... "i'm gona try iRacing when the prices come down"
this looks like a very good deal. It is only the standard content but with the SRF being free! the only extra content you may be tempted to buy would be a few extra tracks.
Quote from anttt69 :Damn it (or great). Ive just found this. http://www-water4gas-com.blogs ... -special-3-months-of.html

This is an awesome deal. If only I had resisted iRacing a little longer I could of had three months for $25/£17 instead of the free one month trial via Radical sport cars.

If anyone is still thinking ... "i'm gona try iRacing when the prices come down"
this looks like a very good deal. It is only the standard content but with the SRF being free! the only extra content you may be tempted to buy would be a few extra tracks.

:jawdrop: going to buy this soon

E: nvm, only for new members
is road atlanta any good just saw it on news
iR Formula Mazda @ Road Atlanta onboard lap.
The riley is quite...exciting around RA

Scary as hell!

I thought I would know the track pretty well because I've ran so much in forza...however theres no blind spots in forza like there are in iRacing lol
I'm loving Road Atlanta more in iRacing than ever before. Took a bit to get used to the blind entrances that Rfactor, Forza, etc., don't have. You're pretty much hanging on in every car, and the Mazda through the esses is A LOT of fun.
FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

I have a $20 iRAGING voucher, which I can finally use because it finally supports Paypal. For some reason however, it doesn't seem to work. I entered the code, but it doesn't lower the price of a subscription :mad:.
Quote from brt900 :is road atlanta any good just saw it on news

RA is absolutely stunning and incredible to drive!!!! The radical is amazing there.......
Quote from hrtburnout :FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

I have a $20 iRAGING voucher, which I can finally use because it finally supports Paypal. For some reason however, it doesn't seem to work. I entered the code, but it doesn't lower the price of a subscription :mad:.

Don't put in the dashes, just numbers and letters. I've used two now and they work perfect

A couple vids from today :] Nose cam makes everything look way more exciting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaHhj-vHQIY&fmt=22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGv3A1oRRZQ&fmt=22
How come 'everyone' has vouchers?
Crisis is striking, iRacing can not lower prices now taking the risk of infuriating premium subscribers so they are handing out vouchers and discounts everywhere.
If they don't reconsider their pricing the userbase will decrease, that would be dramatic.
I am quite impressed with the marketing solutions found by iRacing to go through the deep - very clever!
where are people getting vouchers from?
yeah i want vouchers & discounts, gimme gimme.
Quote from anttt69 :Damn it (or great). Ive just found this. http://www-water4gas-com.blogs ... -special-3-months-of.html

indycar is also doing a 3 months for $25 deal

http://www.virtualr.net/iracingcom-indycars-coming-soon/

The code is "PR-INDY". Try and Enter this AFTER you try the autoweek thing
hmm I was talking about gift certificates
It's a shame the promo's only apply to new customers . (i even thought of creating a separate account but there would be hardly any point in building up my SR & gaining a C licence only to leave the account dormant afterwards)
I keep getting package errors when downloading then had my sound vanish in mid-download.
well i'd been looking forward to a day of enjoyable racing but thanks to teacher training and a son who's decided he wants to be a large green lumpy thing on warcraft i've not managed to get near the desktop pc all day
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG