The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from mcintyrej :I've just tried to do this but it doesn't seem to work? I enter the promotion code at the box at the top, click apply and nothing happens to the prices down below.

Am I just being a silly git or doesn't it work anymore?

You can use this one, it should work: PR-REFERRAL-May-2009. It's from the iRacing member site and has the same $25/3 months deal.
Quote from anttt69 :Well if you ask me thats just asking for trouble.

Uh oh i'm pretty sure its new accounts only so it would be wise to go with the 3 month deal if u still can. (i wish i had known this offer was coming up )

Not only do you get 3 months for £17 you also get some free 'I' dollars to help with purchasing content.

i will start a new acc as this one now is in my dads paypal name which is rather annoying and im saving £43
Well I've been playing for about 20 minutes and I'm pretty into it already. The damage is brilliant - the first time I crashed my car into the wall I was suprised at how realistic the hit was and the damage caused.

Starting my first qualy session now!
Quote from mcintyrej :Well I've been playing for about 20 minutes and I'm pretty into it already. The damage is brilliant - the first time I crashed my car into the wall I was suprised at how realistic the hit was and the damage caused.

Starting my first qualy session now!

Well, it's more realistic than LfS' model, but it's still flawed: too much damage dealt at low speeds, and still not enough at really big impacts (due mostly to no tyres falling off and no aero-affecting damage)...
yeah the damage is excessive @ low impact sometimes. I remember sometimes i'll slightly brush against another car in the Solstice, and my whole front will loook like i was in a 30mph crash into a solid brick wall.
There's one thing that I'm wondering about. I don't understand that MPR system. Did some Oval Racing to get my rating above 3.0 and it says that I have all the requirements to get the promotion. So that's fine. But in Road Racing, it says that I have to drive at least 4 more races to get the promotion. So I thought 'Ok, let's do some Road Racing then.' So I did some races, but the MPR still says, that I have to drive 4 races or more. Is there something wrong or did I missed something? Has it something to do with the class you're racing in? I'm a Rookie in Oval and Class D in Road.
Quote from Checkout :There's one thing that I'm wondering about. I don't understand that MPR system. Did some Oval Racing to get my rating above 3.0 and it says that I have all the requirements to get the promotion. So that's fine. But in Road Racing, it says that I have to drive at least 4 more races to get the promotion. So I thought 'Ok, let's do some Road Racing then.' So I did some races, but the MPR still says, that I have to drive 4 races or more. Is there something wrong or did I missed something? Has it something to do with the class you're racing in? I'm a Rookie in Oval and Class D in Road.

Yes, only official races in your licence class (or upper) count towards your MPR... Also, I've heard no races in the 13th week will count towards your MPR, you can only boost your Safety Rating...
Aww damn... That means I will get stuck on Class D for now and for the next season. Didn't know about that MPR before to be honest, must be new I think? Just renewed my subscription yesterday. Haven't played for months though.
that's how its been for as long as i can remember...
Announcing:

LFS'ers who iRace Drivers Club.

With the arrival of a new (free) race car in iRacing & the amount of LFS'ers who will be running it, i thought it would be a good idea to start up a thread so that we can chat about SRF racing & meet up for some races.

For some reason SamH closed my thread down (even though this is the off topic section of the forum & we are free to discuss anything we like).

So I have moved the thread over to iRacing forum for you guys to use.
http://members.iracing.com/iforum/thread.jspa?threadID=34845

Hope you will drop by.
better place to put it, here mate..... less hassle!
Yeah Sam locked it and said it would be better off at the iRacing forum. Funny because no-one's ever bothered when we have BATracer clubs and other stuff on this forum.
If anyone wants to try iRacing I have a promotion code for 3 months for 50% off (25 bucks) which includes all the rookie content for road and oval, plus now the awesome Spec Racer Ford. All I ask is you put my email in for the referral, I'm in 3rd place for the referral contest that ends this month and if I can make it to first I get a 3 day trip to Skip Barber racing school! Referral code: PR-REFERRAL-May-2009 And enter my email in the referrer field: griev0r@gmail.com Help send me to Skip Barber school! If your already an iRacer maybe I've had some good races with ya, name is Patrick Spence.
Quote from count.bazley :Yeah Sam locked it and said it would be better off at the iRacing forum. Funny because no-one's ever bothered when we have BATracer clubs and other stuff on this forum.

As far as I'm aware, we've only ever had one BATracer thread current at any one time.

We have an iRacing thread on this forum already - this one. This is the LFS forum and while I don't have any issue whatsoever with an iRacing thread here - and I enjoy reading it - nevertheless, I find it a bit bloody cheeky taking advantage of the relatively free and under-moderated nature of the LFS forum to promote activities in other sims. That's why I closed the thread and suggested that the discussion be migrated to the iRacing forum. It's not an unreasonable stance, and I have no plans to change it or apologise for it.
Reposting this so it doesn't get buried in the old pages. If anyone wants to try iRacing I have a promotion code for 3 months for 50% off (25 bucks) which includes all the rookie content for road and oval, plus now the awesome Spec Racer Ford. All I ask is you put my email in for the referral, I'm in 3rd place for the referral contest that ends this month and if I can make it to first I get a 3 day trip to Skip Barber racing school! Referral code: PR-REFERRAL-May-2009 And enter my email in the referrer field: griev0r@gmail.com Help send me to Skip Barber school! If your already an iRacer maybe I've had some good races with ya, name is Patrick Spence.
how do you know if you're in 3rd place?
On the member page there is an update and it says I'm tied for third, any current members can see it. I'm Patrick Spence.
Quote from SamH :
We have an iRacing thread on this forum already - this one. This is the LFS forum and while I don't have any issue whatsoever with an iRacing thread here - and I enjoy reading it - nevertheless, I find it a bit bloody cheeky taking advantage of the relatively free and under-moderated nature of the LFS forum to promote activities in other sims.

Whilst im not going to argue with you about this I object to your harsh reactions.
You call me cheeky & then accuse me of taking advantage of the forum. If i am not mistaken this forum is here to be used by all of us. I haven't broken any of the forum rules so I dont see the problem. Why not just move it to the thread that YOU want it in?

If your so bothered about people using the forum to promote other sims then why are there so many other threads that encourage people to try out other sims.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 356&highlight=rfactor

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 114&highlight=rfactor

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 0190&highlight=netkar

+ many many more. I just dont understand your sudden outburst?
Quote from anttt69 :Whilst im not going to argue with you about this I object to your harsh reactions.
You call me cheeky & then accuse me of taking advantage of the forum. If i am not mistaken this forum is here to be used by all of us. I haven't broken any of the forum rules so I dont see the problem. Why not just move it to the thread that YOU want it in?

If your so bothered about people using the forum to promote other sims then why are there so many other threads that encourage people to try out other sims.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 356&highlight=rfactor

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 114&highlight=rfactor

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 0190&highlight=netkar

Not putting words into Sam's mouth here, but I think he doesn't have an issue with an iRacing thread, but doesn't see the need for another thread when there is already one in progress. The one's you linked to are more a general discussion and updates which is beyond what the original thread started, much like this thread has evolved from what it started as.
has anyone else bothered to go back to the first few pages of this thread? quite funny to see how we all said it wouldn't work
Quote from anttt69 :Whilst im not going to argue with you about this I object to your harsh reactions.

He's looking after the Dev's in essence. I do see his point and really, the thread should be within the iracing forums directed at iRacing members that also play LFS.

However, as you rightly put, you're not breaking a rule and the personal opinions of a moderator should not come in to the moderating of a post or thread, particularly when you don't break a rule!

=====================

On the subject of whether iRacing is a success, I do think the real crunch time comes in June and July when those that bought a year, come to renew. How many will be doing that?

I have the year and I think I agree with what the last post said, had I not got the year, I would more than likely have cancelled to do odd month's here and there...... I think the downturn in the economy has and will have a huge influence on people's purchasing power, especially in a service like iRacing. I hope it does do well. The tracks are fantastic to drive on and a lot of the cars are just great fun to drive. While the system certyainly has its flaws, from the SR to the rating system, I've had more clean and fun races there with what's in place than anywhere else. I can't imagine what LFS would be like if they had a voice feature ingame! Crikey me!

After driving Road Atlanta for years in Forza, trying it in iRacing has been a revolution, especially in the Mazda!
I don`t like the bigger cars so much, so most of my time is in Skip Barber..But I can still enjoy a race in the Radical or Riley....or the Mazda..
Season 1 there was ONLY 178 with a A license, this season there are 565! I`m talking about Road..

There are 225 drivers with a B license who can drive License A car because they are above 4.0 in SR... So in total there should be 790 who could race the Riley..right now..

So it should be a lot more easy to find drivers in License A this season..

I have not had any problems finding enough drivers in license B and down so far..
Quote from richard dk :I don`t like the bigger cars so much, so most of my time is in Skip Barber..But I can still enjoy a race in the Radical or Riley....or the Mazda..

Great stats....

I just wondered... what don't you like about the Mazda..... is it that it's a bit too easy to drive compared to the Skippy or the level of competition?

Will you be driving the Spec Racer this season? I think that should be quite a popular series...

======================

I like the shorter races more than long races (as RSR knows!!! ) but the Mazda is about right in race length I think at about 45 mins! I'd like to do more radical but at race lengths of about 1 hour + its a bit much for my concentration
I like the Mazda on some tracks like Road America and Road Atalanta and I will maybe race on them. But I have never liked downforce Formulas so much. In LFS I really HATE the BMW Sauber and the Fo8. They are fun on ovals but not on roads. If there was more ovals in LFS I would have driven them more often.
In iRacing i`m looking forward to Indy Cars..
I think Mazda is great on Milwaukee and Phoenix..a Formula oval series would be very welcome imo..and I think we will see it in next season..

Also I can`t drive too many things at the same time.. oval racing is taking so much time... and I got hooked at it in my second season of iRacing..

I don`t think the Mazda is more difficult or easier to drive than the Skip Barber, it`s just that I ain`t hooked so much on the downforce cars. I like the Skip Barber and thinks the car is very easy to drive. I loose iRating points in Mazda and gains a lot of points in the Skip Barber.. Never driven any Formula like the Skip Barber in any Sim..it`s just the best...

I don`t wanna race the Spec Racer Ford this season. I don`t like the idea going down in the Rookie class, but i`m sure I will drive SRF when private leagues are coming..it`s such a great and rewarding car to drive and I think the sound is the best in iRacing...

I will for sure renew my yearly membership in two months time - no doubt about that..
Quote from richard dk :I like the Mazda on some tracks like Road America and Road Atalanta and I will maybe race on them. But I have never liked downforce Formulas so much. In LFS I really HATE the BMW Sauber and the Fo8. They are fun on ovals but not on roads. If there was more ovals in LFS I would have driven them more often.
In iRacing i`m looking forward to Indy Cars..
I think Mazda is great on Milwaukee and Phoenix..a Formula oval series would be very welcome imo..and I think we will see it in next season..

Also I can`t drive too many things at the same time.. oval racing is taking so much time... and I got hooked at it in my second season of iRacing..

I don`t think the Mazda is more difficult or easier to drive than the Skip Barber, it`s just that I ain`t hooked so much on the downforce cars. I like the Skip Barber and thinks the car is very easy to drive. I loose iRating points in Mazda and gains a lot of points in the Skip Barber.. Never driven any Formula like the Skip Barber in any Sim..it`s just the best...

I don`t wanna race the Spec Racer Ford this season. I don`t like the idea going down in the Rookie class, but i`m sure I will drive SRF when private leagues are coming..it`s such a great and rewarding car to drive and I think the sound is the best in iRacing...

I will for sure renew my yearly membership in two months time - no doubt about that..

ROFL!!!! I tell you, the INDYCAR sounds awesome! I love the oval racing for some reason on iRacing. The system works very smoothly. My driving is the opposite though and I am rarely smooth turning left all the time
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG