The online racing simulator
Hmm.. i thought it was the pig flue that delayed the patch j/k
Quote from Sponge :Hmm.. i thought it was the pig flue that delayed the patch j/k

You better be joking.... can you imagine a Scirocco with swine flu?
Nope...
Attached images
ski rocky.jpg
lol!!!!
i will say "hurray hurray" on the first of may; outdoor fscking starts that day.

so may 2 for the vws then?
If truth be known , I would like the patch yes but for the other stuff other than the car , the limited set up options on road cars intrests me the most .

And just fyi i want the patch when its finished , not now

BUT

An offical progress post would be nice , its obvious they having problems and thats fine really fine

if its gonna be another 2 months thats fine , no probs at all !

I'll be like " keep at it guys ... way to go " !!

Flame on , im just being honest
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
I believe that the delay is rather a question of licensing and contract(s) between Scavier and Volkswagen. Maybe the car is finished, but cannot be released before something (iRacing release? fRactor official mod? no idea). In my opinion, that is also why the test patch has been released without the car, so that we can at least play with the rest.

I don't think that Scawen would be that "reckless" to announce a car without being sure that he can actually make it until his own deadline. More like it had something to do with some unexpected "outside interference" (VW possibly changing their mind about something?).

Maybe the devs are already working on S3 content, judging by their business model. Either they have some other primary source of income or they will need to milk the LFS franchise a little more...by releasing another "S" for which many (including me) will gladly pay.

Who knows, I am looking forward to seeing the conclusion to this. Oh and I'd like to remind you that these are all just opinions, so take them as such (I'm writing this at 3:40am so don't take them seriously at all )
If indeed it was a licensing issue, I think they would have said..

Because at the very least, they'd have lied and been sat on a ready car..

Who cares about updates now anyway, live for today and plan for tommorow. IE going out with mates not sat trolling a forum for a pixel car in a pixel game.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If indeed it was a licensing issue, I think they would have said..

Because at the very least, they'd have lied and been sat on a ready car..

Who cares about updates now anyway, live for today and plan for tommorow. IE going out with mates not sat trolling a forum for a pixel car in a pixel game.

With 8k + posts , i hope its irony you were aiming 4
(Disclaimer: post not directed to anyone particularly.)
Come on. It is NOT a licensing problem. Definitely not. It's not even plausible at all. Look at Scawen's post history and see his posts when he talks about the Scirocco.

Quote from Scawen :VW wanted us to do the car in time for the GC and we made sure we could do it on our terms.

Quote from Scawen :Just to be clear, we need to take this kind of opportunity when it arises. If we can put a real car in LFS on our terms, that is a good thing.

Quote from Scawen :We are sorry to have to announce that the VW Scirocco will not be released this week as planned. Unfortunately we are unable to continue working into the following week, and it has turned out impossible to reach the required standard in the time available.

This is for two reasons :

1) The compatible test patches had more bugs than expected. Although the recent graphical improvements had worked very well in private testing, when released to the public and tested by hundreds of people, it turned out that there were problems on some graphics cards. One of these has been solved completely and another has been partially fixed. There is also an issue where LFS sometimes causes a crash - this has not yet been resolved and there are some other minor bugs to sort out before we can release an official version.

2) Refining and finalising the Scirocco is taking longer than expected. Although we have made good improvements recently, up to the date of the previous announcement, there were still outstanding issues that proved harder to fix than expected. This is on the mechanical side and the electronic side. We are trying to make a good simulation of the traction control systems and the stability control systems, well known to be a very good feature of VW cars.

Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco, for example tyre pressures and toe settings. This will mean that the racing should be closer than usual and rely on driver skill, without the need to search for the best setups. Of course this means we need to get the setup as good as possible so it is comparable with the real car.

We are confident that we can fix all the issues and make the car a really good one to drive in the near future, but as various things that need to be done will take an unknown amount of time, we had to make the decision to postpone the release until next year, rather than release something in a rush that is really not as good as it can be.

We know this will disappoint many of you who have waited a long time for the Scirocco, and we are sorry about that. We plan to fix the bugs and continue developing the Scirocco suspension and electronic control systems, to give you a good patch early in 2009

Anything other than these two reasons or anything that hasn't been said by Scavier is simply someone else's invention for lack of anything better to do.
iRacing just got a contract with VW.
Nah, iRacing just has the Jetta TDI.
and after all, what you think ? will it come out on 1st of May?
Quote from Kristi :and after all, what you think ? will it come out on 1st of May?

Online magic 8-ball says...

Christ, is this thread still going?, you'd have thought after 66 pages of tripe people would start getting the message..............
can that magic ball say anything other than "No way!" ?
I just asked if `Scirocco coming tomorrow?` and it said definitely!
And to "Is VWS coming soon?" - "My sources say no"

I got "definately" and "absolutely" in the first two tries.
Quote from BlackEye :And to "Is VWS coming soon?" - "My sources say no"

because you formulated the question wrong. tomorrow is not soon, tomorrow is tomorrow. soon would be next week or so. as it`s coming tomorrow, next week is not relevant anymore.

Oh right, OK then

Need to go buy some beers and whatnot to celebrate tomorrow
I just asked if "i'm gay"... it said "definately"... either this 8ball suck, or there is something i don't know about myself...
:weeping:
Attached images
VWS-Ball.jpg
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG