The online racing simulator
The Race – What is there to say? It was fantastic!

It’s a shame about Massa’s race, Ferrari’s various reliability problems need to be sorted soon. According to Formula1.com it was an electrical problem he suffered.

Sutil drove a fantastic race no question about that. It’s a shame the way it ended, I’m not really sure if it was his fault to be honest. The car aquaplaned?

The Commentary - Well … Brundle was excellent as usual. As for Legard well he wasn’t that good, I feel he’s slightly improving every race we go to. I’m sure he’ll stop doing his ‘radio’ commentary by the end of this year hopefully.

I’m still surprised at the sheer speed of the RB5 today. If it’s so good in the wet why isn’t it so good in the dry, I’ve always been confused about that. It’s the same with the Brawn it’s excellent in the dry but not so good in the wet. If they could find a balance

Overall a fantastic race once again, I thoroughly enjoyed it besides a few bits and bobs here and there. Come on Bahrain!
Quote from bunder9999 :i'm still rather surprised at how many times hamilton spun his car, i don't remember him being that bad at fuji when it rained...

He admitted his style pretty much eats the tyres and on a one stop strategy it wasn't going to be favourable. Considering how many times he spun or came off the fact he finished 6th is mystifying. Compare that to Alonso who started 2nd and somehow remained out of contention. People can say what they want about Hamilton but no one gave him a hope in hell to have 3 out of 3 (2 officially now) scoring finishes.

Everyone had moments though to be fair and it was only Vettel and Webber he managed to keep it planted for most of the race.
I have read an interview with Hamilton on Autosport and he was saying that there still wasn't enough downforce to keep the car on the track and that it was incredibly hard to control it. He also said that yes, he was pushing the car beyond it's limits all weekend.

How good do you reckon Red Bull and Brawn will be when Mclaren have their car sorted out? I reckon the front runners at the moment will be chasing the Mclaren, I'm not saying this because I'm a Hamilton fan, I'm saying this because Mclaren have a lot more money and better resources to produce a lot better car. Hopefully their new aero package which should be ready in time for the Spanish GP will put them back on the front row.
Too bad Sutil crashed.
Quote from sam93 :How good do you reckon Red Bull and Brawn will be when Mclaren have their car sorted out? I reckon the front runners at the moment will be chasing the Mclaren, I'm not saying this because I'm a Hamilton fan, I'm saying this because Mclaren have a lot more money and better resources to produce a lot better car. Hopefully their new aero package which should be ready in time for the Spanish GP will put them back on the front row.

I seriously doubt that Brawn will be chasing down McLaren. Fair enough McLaren have the money to through at the problem compared with the smaller teams, but why should they pay their way out of their problems? Formula 1 in the current state it’s enough is all about cost cutting, not Ferrari + McLaren buying themselves out of situations.

They are so confident that it will be finished by Spain. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had some reliability problems, due to them rushing to meet the deadline.

We’ll have to wait and see but I’ve got my money on Brawn still being ahead for the majority of the season.
careful, thats 2 positive posts about hamilton. Might scare people away.
Quote from BenjiMC :change commentary, imo davidson is better than brundle, He knows the cars better and always gives his own insight into what it's like with past experiences and little jokes. you don't miss anything imo

you have to be bloody kidding right?

IMO Brundle is the best thing to happen to the armchair F1 fan......

his dry wit, his experience, and the fact he cocks up very little makes him the best, heck, id have him over M Walker.

Love his grid walks.......for me, he makes the show what it is.

long may he reign!
Quote from wild :I seriously doubt that Brawn will be chasing down McLaren. Fair enough McLaren have the money to through at the problem compared with the smaller teams, but why should they pay their way out of their problems? Formula 1 in the current state it’s enough is all about cost cutting, not Ferrari + McLaren buying themselves out of situations.

They are so confident that it will be finished by Spain. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had some reliability problems, due to them rushing to meet the deadline.

We’ll have to wait and see but I’ve got my money on Brawn still being ahead for the majority of the season.

I don't see how they will have reliability issues from rushing to make a new aero package as their Mechanical parts have been fine. BrawnGP are using a Mercedes engine and their car is mechanically fine so far. Mclaren just need a new aero package, their engine seems to be fine and it seems they are having the most luck with KERS. So, with the new aero package and using the current engine and KERS they will have the overall best package as not a lot of teams are making the use of KERS.
Agree, Brundle is amazing. Legard, well, hes good if you want to kill your ears....

About Hamilton going off, well Martin Whitmarsh said to the BBC his tyres were absolutely shredded near the end because of 1 stop strategy and his aggresive style of driving. While Kovalainen drives the car more smoothly, and keeps the tyres alive for longer.
Quote from sam93 :I don't see how they will have reliability issues from rushing to make a new aero package as their Mechanical parts have been fine. BrawnGP are using a Mercedes engine and their car is mechanically fine so far. Mclaren just need a new aero package, their engine seems to be fine and it seems they are having the most luck with KERS. So, with the new aero package and using the current engine and KERS they will have the overall best package as not a lot of teams are making the use of KERS.

I’m not sure all these new aerodynamic upgrades will make it better than the Brawn. I agree the engine is sound.

I agree they probably have the best KERS package out there; we’ll have to see how the Williams one is. It certainly is sounding promising from what I’ve heard so far.
aren't mclaren using a flywheel kers system?
Quote from wild :I’m not sure all these new aerodynamic upgrades will make it better than the Brawn. I agree the engine is sound.

Why wont it? If Mclaren make a better aero package then Brawn, Mclaren should be better, as they both have the same engines but if Mclaren create a better aero package they should be better.

Also what I am wondering is, as Mercedes provide Force India and Brawn with engines are they exactly the same to the one thats in the Mclaren cars, as I would have thought that Mclaren would have a slightly better engine.
the mclaren has shite amounts of downforce, so the way i see it is that the car is sliding all over the place because of this, destroying tyres.
I still maintain Sutil as being my favourite F1 driver, his awesome underdog-ness and somehow can drive 9/10ths of a race perfectly, then either gets taken out by something outside of his control.
Quote from DeKo :the mclaren has shite amounts of downforce, so the way i see it is that the car is sliding all over the place because of this, destroying tyres.

Have you been watching the races, Mclaren don't have no where near as much downforce for their car to be a front runner. Mclaren have even said themselves that they are lacking downforce, that is why they are currently working hard on developing a new aero package.
Anybody have Video with Hymn Mistake ?
Quote from NoFear1989 :Anybody have Video with Hymn Mistake ?

I don't think it was a mistake. I'm pretty sure it was the German one for Vettel and the British one for Red Bull. Maybe I'm wrong?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I still maintain Sutil as being my favourite F1 driver, his awesome underdog-ness and somehow can drive 9/10ths of a race perfectly, then either gets taken out by something outside of his control.

In this case it was himself that was outside of his control
Quote from Becky Rose :In this case it was himself that was outside of his control

IMO it was more of a brutal freak spin, rather than complete noobish unforced error.
Quote from mr grady :you have to be bloody kidding right?

IMO Brundle is the best thing to happen to the armchair F1 fan......

his dry wit, his experience, and the fact he cocks up very little makes him the best, heck, id have him over M Walker.

Love his grid walks.......for me, he makes the show what it is.

long may he reign!

100% Agree. He never gets it wrong, and he shows geniune passion and enthusiasm for F1, not like Legard who seems to be one of those commentators who must commentate for many different things and holds no real interest in F1.
Quote from sam93 :Why wont it? If Mclaren make a better aero package then Brawn, Mclaren should be better, as they both have the same engines but if Mclaren create a better aero package they should be better.

Also what I am wondering is, as Mercedes provide Force India and Brawn with engines are they exactly the same to the one thats in the Mclaren cars, as I would have thought that Mclaren would have a slightly better engine.

Do you know what an aero package is, or how one is created? Or are you using words that don't mean anything to you? Because what you say is rubbish - it's not just a case of bolting on shiny new parts. It's about getting it all working together - and remember than will millions of pounds, thousand of hours, and plenty of testing they didn't make a good one to start with - why should they be able to rush one out that is any better without any testing?

But then, I'm sure you knew that. You only pretend to be ignorant.

Formula 1 2009 Chinese GP
(315 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG