The online racing simulator
Formula 1 2009 Chinese GP
Felt like its my turn to produce GP thread. The one already made is kinda sucky...

Last Race (Malaysian Grand Prix)

Race: 1st - Jenson Button (BGP)
2nd - Nick Heidfield (BMW)
3rd - Timo Glock (Toyota)

Race was red flagged with 24 laps to go due to weather conditions, which made it impossible to race. First 8 drivers were rewarded half points because 75% of the race distance was not completed.

Chinese Grand Prix (Shanghai)

Race date - 19th April
Number of laps - 56
Circuit Length - 5.451km
Race distance - 305.066km

Lap record: 1:32.238 - M Schumacher (2004)

2008 Results

1st - Lewis Hamilton (Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes)
2nd - Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
3rd - Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
4th - Fernando Alonso (Renault)
5th - Nick Heidfield (BMW)
6th - Robert Kubica (BMW)
7th - Timo Glock (Toyota)
8th - Nelsinho Piquet (Renault)

2008 Pole position - Lewis Hamilton (1:36.303)

Driver Standings:

Jenson Button - Brawn Mercedes - 15
Rubens Barrichelo - Brawn Merces - 10
Jarno Trulli - Toyota - 8,5
Timo Glock - Toyota - 8
Nick Heidfield - BMW - 4
Fernando Alonso - Renault - 4
Nick Rosberg - Williams - 3,5
Sebastan Buemi - Toro Rosso - 2
Mark Webber - Red Bull - 1,5
Lewis Hamilton - Mclaren Mercedes - 1
Sebastien Bourdais - Toro Rosso - 1

Constructors Championship standings:

Brawn Mercedes - 25
Toyota - 16.5
BMW Sauber - 4
Renault - 4
Williams Toyota - 3,5
Toro Rosso Ferrari - 3
Red Bull Renault - 1,5
Mclaren Mercedes - 1

Weather forecast:

Friday - Cloudy skies
Saturday - Showers
Sunday - Cloudy with drizzle

Latest Big News:

B.Ecclestone Stands by late start time.

"Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone sees no reason to abandon the move to twilight races, despite seeing the Malaysian Grand Prix cut short because of a downpour."

Mosley - No decisions on Mclaren yet

"FIA president Max Mosley says he is awaiting reports from officials before deciding whether or not McLaren will be brought before the World Motor Sport Council to explain why it deliberately misled race stewards."

Results:

1st: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Racing)
2nd: Mark Webber (Red Bull Racing)
3rd: Jenson Button (Brawn GP)
I hope brawn GP 1st and 2nd!
Cant wait!
Quote from DevilDare :2nd - Nick Heidfield (BMW)
5th - Nick Heidfield (BMW)
Nick Heidfield - BMW - 4

:bananadea
Its 2 weeks away. This thread is a bit early isn't it?
Well I think one thing we are almost guaranteed of is more great racing.

I have to say on the basis of the first two races, if things carry on like this the reg changes will have made for a huge improvement in the entertainment factor.

Even if it has meant that some people aren't seeing their favourite drivers/teams at the front.
Toooooo many iiiiiiii.
#9 - wild
It’s certainly looking to be a promising Grand Prix. We’ll have to see what the Brawn duo can do next weekend. Let’s hope that Williams can actually finish in the top 3!

Seriously is there need for all of those silly emoticons?
I smell a Ferrari comeback. They seem to feel humiliated and they'll definetly be in the top 5 in China imo. Brawn will get 1st as usual but Barrichelo this time. I have a feeling he's sick of feeling like the 2nd driver and he'll push to the win. Lewis will probably just cruise around to a points scoring position again, for some weird reason he seems to do that well!
#12 - wild
Quote from evilpimp :I smell a Ferrari comeback. They seem to feel humiliated and they'll definetly be in the top 5 in China imo. Brawn will get 1st as usual but Barrichelo this time. I have a feeling he's sick of feeling like the 2nd driver and he'll push to the win. Lewis will probably just cruise around to a points scoring position again, for some weird reason he seems to do that well!

They may have a comeback, it depends on whether their going to continue making silly mistakes.

I would love to see Barrichello win another GP, he deserves it!

Yep Hamilton does that very well, I wonder if Heikki will actually finish this race?
I'd like to see Kubica and Vettel finishing the race this time too and have a good battle without ruining it!
I'd like to see the race finishing.
Quote from deggis :I'd like to see the race finishing.

+1
I hate anti-climatic endings.
Bah that was a once in a lifetime thing...
#17 - wild
Quote from evilpimp :Bah that was a once in a lifetime thing...

I take it you havn't seen the youtube videos of Adelaide 1991?
I have, I have. Some people die young you know!

But cmon its been almost 20 years lol. Tbh, Bernie seems kinda like one of those crazy fascists who doesn't want to hear anything. What he says goes. He doesn't even regret changing the time to 5 PM even though all the drivers are complaining about it and all the teams as well!
#19 - wild
Quote from evilpimp :I have, I have. Some people die young you know!

But cmon its been almost 20 years lol. Tbh, Bernie seems kinda like one of those crazy fascists who doesn't want to hear anything. What he says goes. He doesn't even regret changing the time to 5 PM even though all the drivers are complaining about it and all the teams as well!

True it's been 17 years :/

F1 is a Dictatorship! What Bernie and Max says go, no arguing otherwise you'll be
Lol, imo the GPDA should take most of the decisions because the drivers shouldn't be forced to doing something that's dangerous for them. If Bernie says something but the drivers don't agree, it shouldn't be done.

Nice review on your website btw, some grammatical mistakes though!
#21 - wild
I totally agree with you on that on Evilpimp. I certinally wouldn't do anything that would pose harm to myself, why should they?

I'll get them sorted! Thank's for checking it out.
EDIT: Post removed, I missed the Malaysian GP
hoping rosberg will have a bit more luck in china
he can definatly win races

and well.. hoping for nakajima to have HUGE amounts to luck to finish anywhere near the points

the car is reliable and pretty fast tho
Bernie prefers the money over the drivers safety ****ing greedy bastard!

Atleast if they put malaysia back an hour or two we can actually finish the ****ing race.

Red Bulls really need to finish the races becuase there up there with Toyota and Williams and they haven't even got the rear diffuser, they said they will have it by around the 4th or 5th round so Brawn could have a challenger.

as it seems Trulli is toe to toe with Button at the momment Glock is a bit behind.
Not really looking forward to this race.
The Chinese circuit is boring as hell and last years race was freaking boring and dull.

Formula 1 2009 Chinese GP
(315 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG