The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :/me shouts at the telly, "Oh shut the foxtrot up and let Brundle speak, he's trying to speak with something interesting, let him speak dammit, shut it, shut it now, please SHUT UP!"

telly responds with "it's a corner that goes right right right right right right right"...

car onscreen has started turning left already

..."right right right right right"...

I scream "SHUT UP PLEASE AND LET BRUNDLE SPEAK!"

..."right right right"

At least Leggard has me shouting at the screen again, that's got to be something positive right?

Brundle is seen as a technical commentator, so the pressumption is he needs a screamer to sit next to him. The thing is I think Brundle screams better than his co-commentators anyway, I think they should try someone like DC next to him or something, anything, anything at all, but more of Mr Right Right Right.

Aside from the endless frustrations over the man who is single handedly killing my endless enthusiasm for the sport, whome I have given a few races grace to learn the ropes but am papa oscared now, I think it might have been a good race.

The only problem with the race was the commentary left me so depressed by race end i'd subcontiously put on black face makeup, dyed my hair purple and slashed my wrists.

I know the Beeb give us alternative commentary, but I really like Martin Brundle.

Oh what to do ?

And how would you be watching the coverage Becky considering you stated a long time ago you do not have a TV Licence ?

What to do? Well the BBC is a publicly funded company so write a letter of complaint.

Personally I would MUCH rather not have the BBC at all because it has a monopoly on the TV market and that means over independent more efficient TV stations can't actually provide a feasible business. But as we appear to be stuck with them write a letter. they have to read it and eventually they should respond because you PAY for it!

BBC Complaints,
PO Box 1922
Glasgow
G2 3WT

I use the R5 commentary but I heard Legarsd in quali. When Vettel got pole. "Vettel... he's FASTTTEEERR" He even sounds liek James Allen ffs but how could someone be worse? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Quote from count.bazley :Actually Massa did an awesome job today, he worked his way up past Webber by the time the car broke down, and from 13th on the grid with one of the heaviest fuel loads.

how heavy was his fuel load btw.
I saw him break down and I was like, PLEASE don't say you ran out of fuel.
Quote from Intrepid :And how would you be watching the coverage Becky considering you stated a long time ago you do not have a TV Licence ?

I goto my parents house to watch the Grand Prix although when I move I am considering getting a TV again, and despite my dubious moral code I do usually do things by the book unless i've a reason not too.

Quote :Personally I would MUCH rather not have the BBC at all because it has a monopoly on the TV market and that means over independent more efficient TV stations can't actually provide a feasible business. But as we appear to be stuck with them write a letter. they have to read it and eventually they should respond because you PAY for it!

Neh the advert breaks on ITV drove me nuts, and although Allen (self infatuated idiot) was less boring than Leggard (makes ontrack action dull and monotonous) so on balance i'll take the Beeb. Having said that, i'd rather rant about it than actually do something. I feel better for ranting, for now atleast...
We have a pretty ok commentator for Formula 1 on RTL7.
We do get commercial breaks though, but the commentator is on the track and doesn't just tells what he sees what's happening, but also tells background information, looking at the stats and such.
He made a bit of a mistake previous year though, when he thought Massa won the WDC, but that wasn't completely his fault.
Quote from Becky Rose :Neh the advert breaks on ITV drove me nuts, and although Allen (self infatuated idiot) was less boring than Leggard (makes ontrack action dull and monotonous) so on balance i'll take the Beeb. Having said that, i'd rather rant about it than actually do something. I feel better for ranting, for now atleast...

Your assuming ITV would be the only company to buy the rights to the coverage! Because the system we have ITV is one of only 3 terrestrial stations that could afford to even think about buying F1 rights. If we didn't have the BBC we would be able to pick and choose what we watch. Yes it won't be free, but neither is the BBC. And because ITV doesn't receive licence payers money or any subscription they HAVE to have adverts.

You have to pay to watch premiership football on Sky and I am damn sure they don't ad breaks on during the game.

Last time I checked the licence is 100+ a year! I would rather have control of what I want to watch than some suits in London if I have to watch some 3rd rate new brit comedy show on BBC3 I will go freakin' mad! OK we might get a new The Office once in a blue moon but most of the output is w4nk and we have to pay for this pish!

For example Bernie tried that station years ago. it never took off because of the monopoly terrestrial TV coverage has in the UK.

BUT credit where it's due. The BBCs coverage is VERY good minus a few bits and bobs... but they can AFFORD to have good coverage and have zero consequences if it's below par because they don't have investors etc... to face up to.

</rant>
Quote from DevilDare :

My drivers of the day:

Vettel
Webber
Buemi
Kovalainen
Hamilton

just want to add Sutil - shame that he crashed
Hamilton looked quite lost and uncertain in the race it was quite funny

Overall a very borring start to the race. Safety car should have gone to pits alot sooner. Great race after that. Nice job RBR
Quote from Intrepid :You have to pay to watch premiership football on Sky and I am damn sure they don't ad breaks on during the game.

Bernie has stated repeatedly that he wont sell the rights to a subscription based service, if Sky want it, they'd have to put it on a free to access channel. That leaves the Beeb and ITV. C4 is not in that kind of market and 5's previous attempts to cover motor racing as if it is a minority interest extreme sport have been rather less than spectacular, and I doubt they've the budget for F1.

Quote :I would rather have control of what I want to watch than some suits in London if I have to watch some 3rd rate new brit comedy show on BBC3 I will go freakin' mad!

And the state loosing the single most effective propaganda machinery in history? It'd take a revolution to get rid of the Beeb, and revolutions never come without caveats.
Quote from Alles :just want to add Sutil - shame that he crashed
Hamilton looked quite lost and uncertain in the race it was quite funny

Overall a very borring start to the race. Safety car should have gone to pits alot sooner. Great race after that. Nice job RBR

Yep your right. Forgot about Sutil.
Sutil crashed, by himself. I wanted him to do well, I wanted him to finish in 6th, but he isn't my driver of the day on account of throwing it away. No if's, no but's, he made a huge error and blew it. Better luck next time.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Hamilton did a good job today.
Massa didn't do a good job today.

Hamilton: some good overtakes, several dumb spins at the same spot.
Massa: some good overtakes, car stops working, no spins.

Exactly how did Hamilton do a better job?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :how heavy was his fuel load btw.
I saw him break down and I was like, PLEASE don't say you ran out of fuel.

The published weight was 690kg. For reference Hamilton was 679 and Kovalainen 697.

Kovalainen did pretty well today I thought, managed to keep it on the track unlike Hamilton. I think Lewis has brilliant skill in the wet but his driving style is too aggressive for some circuits - he seemed to be attacking the kerbs as if the track was bone dry.
Quote from Jertje :Exactly how did Hamilton do a better job?

I dont see how this race justifies a Mass to Hamilton comparison, although personally I wondered if Hamilton had 3 balls at some points, the fact is he ended up off the road way too often for a champion. Massa on the otherhand was hard to spot in the spray of the midfielders he trailed behind.

They're both being a bit crap tbh. If we're going to discuss crap drivers then can we talk about Raikonnen, that guy is doing even worse and he has a championship to his name too, or what about Nakajima... the driver who makes us ordinary folk think "yes, actually, I think I could do a better job than him" and be sure in the knowledge that we're most probably correct.
Quote from Becky Rose :Massa on the otherhand was hard to spot in the spray of the midfielders he trailed behind.

Huh? Massa was overtaking quite fine and dragged himself passed the Hamilton/Trulli/Kovalainen battle quite early on. He was the highest non-Brawn/RBR car before the safety car came out, and then managed to jump Webber and Barrichello thanks to the one-stop strategy.

Edit: Infact he jumped Webber even before the safety car!
Vettel - Fantastic
Webber - Great
Button - Great
Barrichello - Slightly lacking
Kovalainen - Not impressive
Hamilton - *** LUCKY ***
Buemi - Shame about the nose cone, would have liked to have him finish higher
Sutil - Well, this time his own doing

Overall, while eventful, I would have preferred conditions where it was possible to more than just hang on. I don't particularly enjoy races where drivers literally cannot see other cars until they're right in the front wing.
Quote from DevilDare :Lol @ Massa.....

Quote :
Also happy to see Ferrari somewhere out there in the mist, being done by every team left and right

You have a serious problem you know that??

I've never seen someone have so much hatred and ill feeling towards a driver and team... and then you go on about hamilton haters when you're exactly the same.

Laughing at peoples bad luck/errors really is rather pathetic. I'm really sure that your hero would just love to know people like you support him. Seriously, get councelling and grow up, it's just a sport.
Don't think i've even listened to the commentating during a race yet, i just press the red button - select "onboard and main", and just have the onboard video and sounds of the cars all race long, with a smaller tv stream below. Awesome stuff
Quote from gezmoor :You have a serious problem you know that??

I've never seen someone have so much hatred and ill feeling towards a driver and team... and then you go on about hamilton haters when you're exactly the same.

Laughing at peoples bad luck/errors really is rather pathetic. I'm really sure that your hero would just love to know people like you support him. Seriously, get councelling and grow up, it's just a sport.

Really? Hmm, i am pretty sure i read comments like mine when McLaren screw up. Yes, pretty sure i have....
Quote from Doorman :There's always The BBC online
Terrific quality.

It's a moot point. I've broken lots of laws but oddly enough i've never broken the TV licence one. Although with my broadband connection at the moment video online is a bite of a sore point...
hamilton drove absolutly crap when he was crap, and brilliant when he was brilliant. Typical hamilton drive lol.

Kovalainen did what i expected him to do once he got passed the first lap. i think he would of been ahead of hamilton in the other 2 races too maybe, or at least malaysia anyway.

massa was unlucky, did a good job until then and rikonen is just lol.

where were the brawn guys? imo, this proves that they are just about the car, not at all the driver skill. vettel and webber beat them there imo, and the great equaliser that rain is, proved that.

Sutil
Quote from BenjiMC :

where were the brawn guys? imo, this proves that they are just about the car, not at all the driver skill. vettel and webber beat them there imo, and the great equaliser that rain is, proved that.

You could say the exact same thing but the other way round; it doesn't mean the Brawn drivers are crap in the rain, it could simply mean that the Red Bull team have a far superior car when it gets wet. Can read into it however you want basically.
Quote from BenjiMC :hamilton drove absolutely crap when he was crap, and brilliant when he was brilliant. Typical hamilton drive lol.

massa was unlucky, did a good job until then and raikkonen is just lol.

Sutil

i'm still rather surprised at how many times hamilton spun his car, i don't remember him being that bad at fuji when it rained...

massa is just too sketchy (he's getting faster though), raikkonen usually finds himself a sweet spot between the fastest and the slowest drivers and waits for someone to pit or crash...

and sutil is just terrible.

that said, i'm not surprised by today's race, except for the RBR 1-2 finish.
Jesus christ Jonathan Legard! I can see how the cars are going round the track, that's what the bloody cameras are for!! I don't want to switch to a different commentry and lose Brundle's insightes but its seriously tempting...

Other than that it was a good race, but for once I'm looking forward to no rain next time.
change commentary, imo davidson is better than brundle, He knows the cars better and always gives his own insight into what it's like with past experiences and little jokes. you don't miss anything imo

Formula 1 2009 Chinese GP
(315 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG